I don't understand this tweet, he is trying to make a point or just being edgy?

I don't understand this tweet, he is trying to make a point or just being edgy?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/a-major-contributor-to-the-syrian-conflict-climate-change/
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/29/climate-change-syria-civil-war-prince-charles
cnn.com/2015/11/23/world/is-the-syrian-conflict-linked-to-climate-change/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His point is that climate change is a far off problem, and that in his opinion you should be more concerned with the quality of your own life.

Stupid fucking way to put it though.

sounds like a weer do

dont ever sleep on james woods. he is odd but he truly caught the 9/11 bombers doing a trial run on a plane over the summer before the terror tragedy

The left says that climate change is more important than dealing with ISIS. This is his response.

Plus he was in the greatest movie ever made:
LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!!!

But it is, climate change IS more important

Isis is more important to the guy getting his head chopped off, because he faces death. Climate change is more important to everyone outside the cage, for the same reason.

Well not much we can do. It's a naturally occurring event the earth goes through. It ain't man made so it shouldn't be man manipulated.

Dunno Jimmy, but he probably regrets working against ISIS.

Why?

>But it is, climate change IS more important

Yeah, it's fascinating how "the right" can't understand that climate change will affect *the whole planet*. Unlinke most of the problems they do not give a shit about, this one might not affect them directly right now, but it absolutely will affect their children and grand children. Being rich won't make any difference when Florida is under fucking water. Isis might kill a few dozen people here and there, but climate change will kill millions, if not billions in the future. And displace a few billions more. Trying to make this problem pass as simple "hippie nonsense" is unbelievably short-sighted.

Oh? You just made a scientific claim. The entire worldwide scientific community eagerly awaits you sharing your own unique motherload of overwhelming evidence to support it, since all current evidence and understanding of climate systems points to the contrary.

Go ahead, wow us.

Well, ok, admittedly, it's only important if you're a biological organism that needs to eat food.

>Well not much we can do.

Yes there is.

>It's a naturally occurring event the earth goes through.

No it isn't.

>It ain't man made

Yes it is.

If you don't believe in climate change, you put yourself in the "anti-science" category. That in itself is no problem, but please don't be half-assed about it. Be coherent about your principles. If you're anti-science, be 100 % anti-science. Stop using your computer, your smartphone, your game console (they're all here thanks to science), stop going to the doctor when you're sick...

Hiding behind globalism. Man you shills were sucking Wikileaks cock back when they were crucifying conservatives. Shill harder please.

liberals think climate change is a bigger prob;em than terrorism.

Whether or not earth change was man's fault or not isn't the problem. The problem is if the earth goes into a direction that is hazardous or less habitable, so we can decide to intervene and manipulate our planet. Terraforming our own planet from whatever changes to ensure that our planet not only remains habitable, but possibly even more than we thought possible for the benefit of an ongoing population.

We should look toward a solution for a long term population growth. I think we can all agree that making space in our own backyards is cheaper and practical than getting people on busses and taking them on long term journeys to new neighborhoods that isn't even suitable for life. I don't like taxation, but I think we all have to cough up some money to make it happen.

Maybe you can explain the scientist that say it's naturally occurring and we aren't currently between two ice ages. Are they wrong because they don't fit you're narrative? .02 cents for (((you)))

And right wing nut jobs think terrorism is more common then slipping in the shower (it's not)

>2016
>still thinking we can stop global warming

>priorize ISIS
>we still have 50-60 years to build space programs and fuck off the planet (note scientists made HUGE advancements this year) or accept fate and live our non-violent lives, maybe genetic engineer dolphins to survive

>priorize global change
>ISIS kills important scientists and technology, new medieval age and global change comes back anyways. we all die but unlike the first opition in african levels of miserable
Nah.

They've been anti-science, anti-rational, dogmatic status-quo supporters and education defenders and innovation curmudgeons since the dawn of human writing was able to describe them. They are deeply selfish people, so convinced of their own greatness that if they think a thing, then they know it, and thats all there is to know about it. They make the first baby steps toward knowledge, til they encounter something that appeals to their ego, and call it good enough, plant their flag there and defend it to death.

It's been very interesting following the study of the effects of decreasing plasticity in the human brain.

You're probably one of the same fucking hypocrites that preaches this shit but does fuck all about it yourself. I have absolutely no doubt that your personal carbon footprint is an order of magnitude larger than it should be, but you're the same cunt that thinks it's all the governments responsibility to deal with it.

No. It's your fucking responsibility.

and what is it you think we can do about it exactly...?

GREAT! Now how do we fix global warming?

Now I know how many confirmed, cancerous libfags browse Sup Forums

r u fuckin retarded? a terrorist jus killed the russian ambassador to turkey and a truck ran into a crowd of shoppers in germany, today. that was fuckin today. da fuck r u on, go back to tumblr u dum cuck faggot

if you understand what you're looking at in the picture you'll understand that he's specifically talking about ISIS being a bigger threat than climate change

Plus he has a giant Dick. like 9 inches I believe.

Foreign terrorism kills less people than peanut butter in the USA

Global Warming is harder to measure but estimated to be responsible for approximately a couple hundred million deaths in the next decade, and is already probably responsible for billions of fiscal dollars in services, healthcare and more

Worrying about terrorism is what you do when you follow propaganda or wear tin foil.
Worrying about climate change is what you do when you're sensible enough to understand we've basically fucked the planet and are still making it worse

>talks like a retard
>calls others retarded
Do you think talking like a 12 year old is going to merit your barking any validity? All I want to do is fuck with you and I couldn't give two shits what you're even trying to say. I just think you're an idiot. Your message will always be lost when doing nothing but acting like a moron.

Some claim that the situation in Syria began with global warming causing crops not to grow. The economy went down and military started to apear in the streets aresting everybody who protested. When caos began ISIS joind in.

>asks for scientific evidence
>globalist conspiracy!

Good luck to you, in the amazing productive life you will surely live, and not spend working in an injection molded plastics factory and getting drunk and swearing at the garbage you see on Fox News everyday.

Why is this picture so fucking funny

>And right wing nut jobs think terrorism is more common then slipping in the shower (it's not)
By right wing nut jobs do you mean anyone that is paying attention to current events, doesn't disregard the facts, and doesn't have their head up their own ass?

Spend a lot of time on your knees in his dressing room? Why would anyone care?

>Something that kills less people than peanut butter every year should be treated as a national security thread and have billions of fiscal budget dollars spent on it every year as well as being the centre of media scaremongering

Murica

because he roofs and it says roofing

all it takes is one nuke to change that statistic

this
Also, its not just the threat of climate change versus terrorism at large. The Obama administration has put forward time and again a narrative that ISIS and other terrorist organizations are motivated in part by conditions caused by climate change. Which is ridiculous.

Yeah, blow up those peanut butter factories, that'll show em

>Florida underwater
did you know there are glaciers growing? Did you know Antarctica gets twice as big every year and then loses the ice, then regains it? Did you know Earth has drastic cycles of climate than span 1000 plus years?

Florida won't go underwater buddy. If you melt the north pole, it'll stay the same. Greenland hasnt changed nearly at all on ice. I understand making cleaner air... but we have not had that large of an impact on climate.

So to you I say, stfu.

are you really comparing peanut butter to terrorism?

am i being memed?

humans are known for their adaptability, their ability to live in any climate from snowy antarctica to the hot sahara...
just let us do our thing bro

No it's even stupider than this. It's that the left thinks climate change is the proximate cause of the war in Syria and the rise of ISIS. There was a drought or something and that means ISIS was inevitable. James Woods is making fun of the lefties who believe that shit.

why would i blow up peanut butter factories

that doesn't even make sense

I'm not a muslim

Nice straw man. Being paranoid that any second you'll drop dead from a terrorist in the USA is not the same as adopting mindful policies that impede the spread of Islamic terrorism or being aware of foreign events involving Islamic terrorism.

We are comparing isis to peanut butter. Peanut butter is a bigger threat to you than isis.

dude when did people on Sup Forums become so reddit-y, there's literal proof that climate change existed before man, EVERYWHERE.

That's not to say that our CO2 emissions don't need to cut back a bit but, like, dude. There have been periods of intense heating/cooling since the beginning of time.

Enjoy faking your way through a 4 way liberal arts degree to make your ugly girlfriend proud of your progressivism though.

I know this gets me literally every time

>did you know there are glaciers growing?
Yes, and plenty more shrinking and disappearing

>Did you know Antarctica gets twice as big every year and then loses the ice, then regains it?
Those are called seasons

>Did you know Earth has drastic cycles of climate than span 1000 plus years?
Yes, and none of them have ever been as drastic or warm or directly correlated to man made carbon emission as this, but every single one of them preluded mass extinction

Honestly, you have to drink some MAJOR koolaid to believe global warming is a conspiracy. All the weathermen, scientists, engineers, satelite operators, governments and climatologists in the world are in an evil conspiracy against the common man to get them to stop burning fossil fuels.

Peanut butter is more likely to kill you and more dangerous to americans. It's a fair comparison.

surely you see a difference between people eating peanut butter and people being killed by ISIS though right?

obvious that we're far past that, but we can slow it down. Our new administration will do pretty much nothing to help.

same thing for Isis, they'll do pretty much nothing useful to stop them

Then we have no idea what you're talking about

peanut butter doesnt go out of its way to actively kill you. No one ever went through "Active Peanut Butter Training"

i mean people are allergic to things sure.. but you can be tested and figure this out. i can't get tested for ISIS beheading... I do not get your logic here.

>there's literal proof that climate change existed before man, EVERYWHERE.

Yeah but this ignores the unprecedented rate of change. I mean, what are we to believe, that it's just a coincidence that the Earth is warming as we dump billions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere every year? WTF wouldn't that cause warming? What process do you think is acting to prevent that? What process is causing the world to warm up instead?

>we

you must be talking about the multiple personalities in your head

Yes it is. At least it's as paranoid and crazy as being scared you'll drop dead from peanut butter consumption and adopting mindful policies that impede the spread of peanut butter or being aware of foreign events involving peanut butter.

Solutions pretty obvious.
Have the crazy new Prez announce that for every attack on western civilization, the US will nuke an entire Arab city off the map. Straight to the maximum yield bomb, beginning tonight, with a response to all previous attacks, and moving forward.

Then take the money you just saved from not fiddling around with more boots on ground, and spend it battling climate change.

Or not, because it's only the cities and coastal morons who can't feed themselves anywaythat will die off first, and I'm insulated from the effects so idgaf how many of you shitheads die from your own gross ideological, ecological ignorance.

found the terrorist sympathizer

yes these are the only two possible outcomes

You can
>arm yourself
>move to country where it's less likely than peanut butter like the USA
>treat muslims with love and respect to protect yourself
>hate muslims and move away from them to protect yourself

They're all equally effective because the reality is it's almost a non existent threat

Similarly if you're worried about peanut butter you can stop buying it, stop going to the supermarket, carry a gun near peanut butter factories etc.

They're equally stupid.

Sure, either way we still have no idea what you're talking about

james woods is a douchebag of biblical proportions.

>Maybe you can explain the scientist that say it's naturally occurring

Yes I can : their studies are paid by oil companies. This isn't a conspiracy theory or even open for debate, it's actual proven fact. And those that aren't are just...shitty scientists. Hey, some historians deny the holocaust, so why shouldn't there be scientists denying climate change?
The fact remains that 99% of the goddamn scientific world agrees on the reality and catastrophic danger of climate change. Thousands of people whose job it is to actually study this shit. I trust *them*. I don't trust anonymous claims on the internet, or silly people on tv.

Can't have kids

Don't live by the coast

There is literally nothing you can say to get me to give even a 20th of a shit about global climate change

>It's a naturally occurring event the earth goes through.

No it isn't.

>It ain't man made

Yes it is.

So when the vast majority of the Earth's landmasses where covered in ice and then receded to current levels...this was a man made event, is that what you are saying? Because otherwise, you are saying that in this planet's 4 BILLION YEAR history, it's climate has never changed until the last century of human industrialization.

>and you call people who disagree with you anti-science.

or y'know, stop invading muslim countries and/or supplying them with mass arms

Worked pretty well before the gulf war at least

Alluha Peanut Budder

Yeah. Too bad no scientist has ever studied any of those things and quantified them like you have, or they'd know how wrong they all are, independently coming up with the same results and conclusions over and over all this time.

Just ask an oil company PR person in the early 00's, when they were still pushing the stupidity you're stuck parroting a decade later.

>You're probably one of the same fucking hypocrites that preaches this shit but does fuck all about it yourself.

Nice projecting here buddy. You don't know anything about me or my lifestyle. Your assumptions are goofy.

but you see ISIS is made up of sentient beings called humans that can move places and follow me.

peanut butter on the other hand can not do this, as it is not alive.

>????

Not that guy, but even if it wasn't man-made we should still be trying to stop it. Things are pretty favorable to humans right now, overall, we should strive to keep it that way. Our planet tends to kill lots of species when it gets cold.

I'm also easy to be convinced by the scientific method. And dubs. Mostly dubs tbh.

>James Woods fucks cats in the ass

Hey now, CO2 occurs naturally! It can't be dangerous.

Last time I checked ISIS hadn't killed any US nationals that weren't outside iraq

Again, stop sending the CIA in to help people take over middle eastern countries then bombing them when they stop doing what you want. It worked to keep you safe for 40 years

You're acting like the silly people who refuse to board a plane because there was a crash on the other side of the planet two days ago. Screaming "Planes are unsafe, there's hundreds of crashes every week!!!!"
Try to look at the big picture, you dense fuck.

the world couldn't care less what happening with it. it has looked far more worse than now. The only reason why we should take climate change seriously is because of our future

The left doesn't think climate change is the proximate cause of the war in Syria and the rise of ISIS. They think the invasion of Iraq is.

You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

all it takes is one nuke to go off in a town in America and your false equivalency goes to shit, mr peanut.

Link?

+1

The problem with climage change and global warming is that people assume the planet is doomed.

The planet has put up with nuclear bombardment, radiation, impacts and asteroids for billions of years, it'll be fine. Humans are just destroying themselves and a few species on the way

pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/a-major-contributor-to-the-syrian-conflict-climate-change/

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/29/climate-change-syria-civil-war-prince-charles

cnn.com/2015/11/23/world/is-the-syrian-conflict-linked-to-climate-change/

>And the view that the Syrian conflict had its roots in climate-change-fueled drought has other high-profile backers, such as U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry.
>"It's not a coincidence that immediately prior to the civil war in Syria, the country experienced its worst drought on record. As many as 1.5 million people migrated from Syria's farms to its cities, intensifying the political unrest that was just beginning to roil and boil in the region," Kerry said last month in a speech at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia.

but what about all the non US nationals that they have killed? Do they not matter?

Perhaps we should send them peanut butter so they can use this argument too.

>This isn't a conspiracy theory or even open for debate,

This is how idiots like you behave, of course its open for debate. The idea of man made climate change its strictly politics. Government funded research is funded specifically so that it is engineered to fit the governments narrative. Universities and the like that receive state funding only do so if the "research" fits the narrative. You can find videos of college professors admitting as much.

So stop building so many nukes

You're the dense fuck

11,774 Terror Attacks Worldwide in 2015; 28,328 Deaths Due to Terror Attacks

This seems like it provoke nuclear attacks on the US, no?

>muslims been at war for 5000 years
>its the US's fault

liberalism really is a mentalmillness

>>muslims been at war for 5000 years

wat

They have been in your pantry this whole time...

My argument was specific to the US because it's US foreign policy that's almost wholly responsible for what is now ISIS

Other countries are often vessels for that same policy though, so granted it's not a single national problem

Peanut butter is pretty dangerous comparatively, so you're actually being fairly fatal and dangerous by your own logic with that proposal

>Foreign terrorism kills less people than peanut butter in the USA

user, is this a route you really want to go down? Do you honestly want to start bringing up what kills more humans per year as a metric for what problems we should be solving?

I hold literally no stake in this argument but I'll go ahead and tell you why this is bullshit. Peanut butter does not go around executing people for it's religious beliefs. Peanut butter doesn't shout allahu akbar right before planting a mine in the grocery store jelly aisle.

It's the principle of the matter, "terrorists" by definition perform acts of terror. They do so purely to bend you to their whim by using base human emotions experienced after a traumatic event. IE blowing up a building in the name of their faith, or perhaps threatening to execute somebody from your country with a family of their own in order to exact a ransom.

If you care about what causes the most deaths then you should be campaigning for Ischemic heart disease and combating the growing obesity epidemic.

Oh wait, that would be fat shaming