letterboxd.com/bvgf/
letterboxd.com/rorscach00/
letterboxd.com/sk00/
letterboxd.com/nuts/
mega.nz/#!0VcQETIY!yOjS1QmQzDuc8BCzTyNiENPJIS9n9Fn-3lvn0xZfmuY
letterboxd.com/CoryBurning/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bad thread, bad OP.

So, folks, y'all ready for another terrible thread? You better, because that's what you gonna get

i'm just here to meme xD

im new here

What's everyone watching today?

Also, to those concerned;
Gregory's Girl when?
I was Born, But... when?

where can i join this cool club where you watch movies together?

#lbxd @ rizon.net

Cimino is not getting an sticky, isn't it?

letterboxd.com/ecooney/
i'll follow you back if you're a patrish

>joining a channel with faggot OPs.

Of course not. Where do you think you are?

I wish but I doubt most people here know him beyond The Deer Hunter

If O'Toole didn't...

But I mean, I'm mad that Bud Spencer didn't get one because of "HUUR NOT FAMOUS IN UK OR USA" stupid meme, but come on this guy directed The Deer Hunter, wrote Eastwood movies and turned himself into a homosexual trannie last recent years, he's Sup Forums fuel.

Have we got new mods who don't know about movies or something? This is why we need /film/ more than ever before.

>new mods
how about no mods
have you seen the state of Sup Forums lately?

Mods and janishits have never been good. Think of the kind of people who would be interested in the job. Pure scum, as most of the userbase. Embryos and plebs everywhere.

I feel bad about the future of this board then...

Pretty sad considering he's arguably one of the single most influential people on the current state of Hollywood

Heavens Gate was such a big fuck up that it ruined movies forever, pretty remarkable

They had the chance to give us /film/, but they blew it.
A nice, slow board around the speed of /vg/ would have been perfect.
Alas...

Chill, friend. Let's just hope this board and this site go down asap, so the world and some of us might at have a crack on better things.

If only he directed Independence Day II more people would care

the mods especially

Except for Heaven's Gate, Cimino sucks

hmm, might have to check it out

>le

S U C K S

'no'
Heaven's Gate is his best, but Year of the Dragon is a masterpiece and so is Desperate Hours

The Deer Hunter is reactionary trash

Why do contrarian have to try so hard? Obviously his best film is The Deer Hunter.
It's a pretty short filmography because of reasons, of course

letterboxd.com/machill54/

I hope everybody is having a nice weekend. What are you planning to watch today?

do you guys talk about movies in these threads or are they always like this

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

Some people try but they just get memed into oblivion.

not Eurocrime

Usually worse, vey worse

at least not the XviD on megaupload

Dead meme

How the fuck did I not hear about Cimino dying?

>film discussion
>during ausnigger and euroembryo hours
Hmmmmmm

Ok. I hope you enjoy what ever you do decide to watch user

I assumed people that would care enough to get the DVD9 would be able to get it themselves

Nice one, friend

it's over, tumblr won

If I thought sucker punch was good but kinda all over the place and batman v superman was borderline watchable is watchmen worth the 3 hours?

It's the best if the three but it's not even worth 30 minutes.

You're a bit late, OP. Leonardo Cimino died four years ago.

The face is familiar, but without googling can't place this guy in a single film. But let me risk one The Monster Squad?

DING DING DING

The Monster Squad ... Scary German Guy

Nice :)
I remember that door scene when out of nowhere there's the concentration camp moment

I still need to see that movie, after seeing the VHS cover in video stores so many times in my childhood.

What a great, sexy cover. Why did you never rent it, friendo?

Probably because it looked like a horror movie and I was a pussy. I still am.

do you have a pussy?

letterboxd.com/rorscach00/

inb4 username gets bashed
Fuck you when i started using it windows Me were the joke of the year, got 00 off of that

HEY EVERYBODY THIS GUY HERE IS A PUSSY. A PUSSY, I SAY. YELLOW LITTLE SHIT WHO RUNS TO MOMMY AND HIDES UNDER THE FLOWERY BLANKET

DELETE THIS

How do you say Cimino? It's like 'ki'no or 'ci'gar? And the mi, is it mee or mai?

Respond to this post only if you are a
~~~ QT grill :3 ~~~

Ch-mee-noh?

I think chi

letterboxd.com/sk00/

The Pusher trilogy was fucking great.

Thanks, m8s

>Reactionary as a negative modifier

>>>/leftypol/

nosaj are you in here? I'm glad you enjoyed The Long Gray Line so much. Another overlooked Ford you might be interested in (and is probably in my top 5 favorite Ford films) is The Sun Shines Bright

might be awhile for me chief. Like I said before, you and el dub can proceed if you want. I might pop in and say hi later though d: ^)

U Fash, m8?

>le muh CIMINO
and not one word in years before he died.

letterboxd.com/nuts/

Well, so?

ok ready to go turbo-pleb here
I just saw seven samurai - what was all the fuss about? it was good, but not good enough to be the best movie of all time or whatever else it's praised for

it's just ironic praise, they wilfully ignore all the shit that looks like bold and the beautiful tier shooting and horrible acting

Imagine being a soulless slant-eyed fuck that did worse things than SS troops in WW2 and then this one trash director comes and tells you in the most boring way possible 'hey guys we as nation can work together' and they were btfo and still are today.

cmon man I'm just looking for discussion
the movie was enjoyable, but it wasn't the bestest ever movie that people claim it is - was I missing something? was it an analysis of japanese social culture post WWII or something?

Monarchist. USA needs a king with divine right.

lol like he is one to talk

hey

that's one of the ones i'm planning on watching next actually, i have it, Sergeant Rutledge and Wagon Master ready to go

i love this quote about his cinema:

"Any effort persisted in becomes corrupt. The sense of duty that sustains Ford’s individuals (and also their sense of faith) commonly leads them astray into aberrations or death. Duty-bound, they invade others’ privacy, and
arrogate knowledge of higher good, right and judgment: judges, ministers, soldiers, outlaws, priests. Thus racism, war or any form of intolerance becomes a function of society. In tracing Ford’s pictures (particularly Judge
Priest, How Green Was My Valley, This Is Korea!, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance) we have seen how people (and governments) act from feeling, not from logic. People are made of dreams as much as reality. And we have seen how Ford, in awakening around 1927 to cinema’s ability to be art through total stylization, awakened simultaneously to his art’s high task: to help us free ourselves from determining ideologies. Art, after all, has the
capability of making us understand things through emotion that we would be absolutely incapable of understanding through the intellect. Within a determining milieu, particularly when that milieu is challenged, free will, human nature, life’s worth, a benign divinity’s existence, all must necessarily be posed in question. And so Ford pictures ideally construct in minute detail a social set of apparent homogeneity (thus often military-like) in order to
analyze that society within its historic moment, and in order to demonstrate how the garments of society, together with history itself, operate on the individual. It is for these reasons that Jean-Marie Straub has called Ford the
most ”Brechtian” of all filmmakers."

>/why_is_seven_samurai_considered_to_be_such_a_good/

So are you

>There is a quality to the imagery in all the best Ford films that converts the sentimentality of his scripts into something else. His static compositions, with their liquid light that seems to vibrate across surfaces, are filled with emotion and loss; they evoke a tension between a unity achieved and a feeling either that the unity is itself about to be lost (as in "How Green Was My Valley" with its two incredible "frozen moments" when the characters literally seem to freeze when, for example, two sons announce their intention to emigrate to America or that the unity was achieved at tragic cost (as in "The Searchers.")

Oh no will nosaj taint John Ford too

Only if you're retarded.

don't ever disrespect nosaj like that in front of me ever again

dang, is this also Tag?
i've been talking about Ford for as long as i've been posting in /lbg/ you nectarine

>doesn't
>image shows a rating
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>dang, is this also Tag?
No.

the part of the quote about duty is also applicable to Fort Apache, They Were Expendable, and The Long Voyage Home (with varying degrees of success) imo. I really need to buy Tag Gallagher's book on Ford

It's part of a longer quote post by Fred Camper from the old a_film_by yahoo group. I'll see if I can get the whole thing properly formated to post here.

You can get it for free on the web in a new edition that is 40% rewritten. Hang on, I'll upload it.

that would be great, thank you

mega.nz/#!0VcQETIY!yOjS1QmQzDuc8BCzTyNiENPJIS9n9Fn-3lvn0xZfmuY

>letterboxd.com/CoryBurning/

Stalker was freeleach on PTP so I finally snatched that big 44gb blu ray rip. Feels good.

Should I watch something patriotic for July 4th?

and probably watched that 44gb rip through your 17" Acer laptop's horrible TN panel

And now you can watch a giant steaming shit in HD! :D

rude

>implying The Deer Hunter is bad

>implying it is good.
Might as well watch any dull TV-show because that is what TDH was

cheers dude

>Japanese Blu-Ray

hmmmmm

May as well wait for the AE one in a couple of months, if you've waited this long.