Thoughts on pic related? It turns 20 this year

Thoughts on pic related? It turns 20 this year.

Fun fact: released on the same day as Ok Computer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olNfWDRuBNY
consequenceofsound.net/2016/09/spiritualized-to-release-new-album-in-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-eetm6KdU
youtube.com/watch?v=0lIE2fvqEJY
youtube.com/watch?v=tjF-P3oKOh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When I first listened to this album I was blown away by the first song, and after that it turned into a bland mess

all i want in life is a little bit of love to take the pain away

If The Individual and Cop Shoot Cop are your idea of "a bland mess" then you weren't actually listening to it at all.

broken heart is also good and equally depressing.

Ladies and gentlemen is more bitter sweet

youtube.com/watch?v=olNfWDRuBNY

>though I'm wasted all the time, I can't drink to get you off my mind

consequenceofsound.net/2016/09/spiritualized-to-release-new-album-in-2017/

Next (last) Spiritualized album is coming on the 20th anniversary of Ladies and Gentlemen.

That's weird, I've never seen him play a jazzmaster before, only that red thinline telecaster

They've never topped Ladies and Gentlemen, have they? I've only heard bits and pieces of their (his) recent stuff, and sounds like bland, post-britpop wank.

LGM is the superior album, but only by just a little bit.

The two albums before it are just as good.

Everything that came after it is good, just not as

I don't think so, but I'd say most of his albums are great in their own way. I'd say listen to them in order.

Here's my uncalled for album ranking:
LAG > SHSL > LICN > A&E > LGM > PP > AG

The live album released after LAG is worth checking out if you haven't done so

Pure Phase that low?

What the h**k?

V A N I L L A S K Y

I love the space rock stuff a lot but I'm a huge sucker for strings & gospel inspired stuff. Amazing Grace is the only mediocre/bad album in my opinion.

For me Songs in A&E is the worst. To me it's just a directionless mess. It has its high points (Death Take Your Fiddle, Sitting on Fire, Baby I'm Just A Fool, Waves Crash In) but I could do without most of the rest of it.

I really hate Soul on Fire. It reminds me of that one Train song.

Lol, I can see why you wouldn't like it (though even my mom likes Soul on Fire). It is definitely hit and miss & many of the songs are too short or underdeveloped (Yeah Yeah, I Gotta Fire). The last four songs all sound like outros which is very strange.

He started playing a few new songs live back in 2012/2013 that weren't on SHSL. Perfect Miracle, Here It Comes (The Road Let's Go), and 'A' Song.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-eetm6KdU

youtube.com/watch?v=0lIE2fvqEJY

youtube.com/watch?v=tjF-P3oKOh0

They're ok I guess but if he does include these on the new album I hope they're turned into big grandiose affairs and not the way he's playing them live. Especially if this is really his last album.

He was offered a few million pounds to reunite Spacemen 3 and he refused even though he's always talking about being broke. If this is his last album there's a bigger chance they do reunite.

Oh wow, thanks for these

he still writes good lyrics

"these are the words that are so loose in heads
coked out and dying and mushrooms and pills
one mans crime is another mans thrill and you're gone"

I used to have really clear live versions of these that were recorded straight from the soundboard. Lost them a long time ago though

Interesting. Perfect Miracle reminds me of Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space and Here It Comes reminds me of Walking With Jesus

Yeah it is a bit like Walking With Jesus.

Walking with Jesus is chords A and E. Here it Comes is chords G and D played at the same rhythm