What is the consensus?

what is the consensus?

Remember when a young fella named Steven Spielberg made a "television movie" called Duel which was so fucking good that they gave it a cinema release? Remember when that same, young fella made another film called Jaws which still holds up as a brilliant horror film, to this day?

I wonder what happened to that ambitious, risk-taking, young fella?

Reviews I've seen said the film was too slow which is a shame and also slightly odd considering the book isn't too long or dense.

Does it have whizzpopping?

My consensus is that every time I see that title I think it stands for Big Fuckin' Giant

There's a long-standing theory that you will love Spielberg movies when you're 8-14 but 15-19 you will hate them. Then when you enter your 20s and grow older you will go back and realize that, yeah, Spielberg is a god damned great director and certainly deserving of his status.

can't wait to see this one.

This post just makes it seem like you're trying to convince yourself.

old jewish white men hire an old jewish white man to direct a property based off a book solely for name recognition and no one gave a shit.

No convincing needed

Bridge of Spies > Lincoln > Tintin > War Horse

Shit is shit even if it's at different degrees, bruh
His last good film was Munich

Munich was his most recent amazing film but all of those other movies are great in their own right.

I can agree with this to a point.
I've never 'hated' any of his shit, but i've grown to appreciate how well the man can direct.

I just think Big Fucking Gun because Doom

>BFG
>Big Friendly Giant
>Big Giant

why is the "Big" even necessary? Doesn't "Giant" imply he's big?

He's a big giant.

Giant is a race; he's big for a giant.

> Big Friendly Giant
> He's one of the smaller ones, making 'Big' not only redundant but actually inaccurate

BIG

JEWY

>what is the consensus?
He's a big fucking guy

this

I loved the evil Giants in the animated film. Why did Spielberg cop-out and make them so tame in this new one? They're not threatening or scray at all.

Best adaptation of Doom. Better than the Karl Urban movie.

Fucking loved it when the friendly giant took down the cyberdemon with pure awesomeness.

What? No, he's not.

He's actually smaller than the other giants.

That's why they keep bullying the shit out of him.

for you

Is that the same young fella who made such hit films as 1941?

Seems the critical consensus of BFG and Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls aren't too different. Is there still hope for Indiana Jones 5? Or is that Spielberg gone?