Out of the currently living characters, who is the best fighter in GoT?

Out of the currently living characters, who is the best fighter in GoT?

strawpoll.me/10654446

>John Snow

You know nothing, John Doe

Howland reed

Strong Belwas

Well we know from Ramsay that Jon's skills with the sword are legendary, right?

Christ, fuck D&D.

Jon has been through so much fighting and survived that surely he has to be pretty good now even compared to when he got to the Watch.

Questions like this don't take into account circumstances. Like Jon Snow is a commander. He fights really well in big clusterfucks. But how would he do in a duel against the Mountain? He's never even worn armor before. Or switch it around, how would the Mountain do in a war? Probably get arrow'd to death in seconds.

A lot of people are going to pick Gregore but he is just pure strength. In terms of swordplay he's not that good. It's close between Jon, Brienne, and The Hound. You maybe should have included Beric as well since he went toe to toe with the hound.

FIGHTING ABILITY

1. Jamie
2. Jon snow
3. Braum
4. The mountain
5. Sir Jorah
6. Brienne
7. The hound
8. Obyrn
9. Bed stark
10. Kal drogo

What the fuck lmao, why are people voting for Snow? He shouldn't even be in the competition. Or is he wearing his plot armor for the fight.

Jaime pre gold hand or as gold hand? Latter can't even rank. Former will wipe anyone to the floor without breaking a sweat.

Brienne of Tarth.

Sadly, it's brienne Hound Jon and probably Arya because of her training montage

Yes, and in each and every fight he's had he has had his ass kicked plenty of times.

But he's the hero of prophecy, so he has to be a master swordsman now, right? I mean you can't have a regular guy struggling and trying to do the right thing. You need to fit him into a stereotype. (Because GRRM is all about stereotypes)

Jon wouldn't stand a chance against proper knights.

KIIIIYAAAAA

>should have included Beric as well since he went toe to toe with the hound.

I've never had the impression from Sup Forums that people were much into it but that scene particularly stays with me. Beric/Richard Dormer was terrific to watch and must have worked like a skivvy to get his moves right.

Jon was still trained in swordsmanship by a competent man at arms from a young age you blind idiot.

Part of his arc at castle black in s1 was helping others to learn to fight.

If we're talking the TV show it's Brienne. She has been portrayed as pretty much unbeatable.

"proper" knights wouldn't (and won't) stand a chance against the golden company

Going by the show it was Loras, until last episode, and now its probably Brienne or Tormund ...maybe that lead Vale Knight in the charge.

He's training fucking Peasants to fight, saying Jon Snow is a better swordsman then a peasant means nothing. Jon is at best a decent fighter in the books, just like Robb was, who I remind you was nearly beat by Joffrey in a duel.

What about Greyworm? Aren't the unsullied supposed to be the greatest warriors in the world (although that phrase is thrown a fuck ton).

Not that it matters, since people like Selmy are murdered by literal whos.

Jon Snow is the only that has kept fighting in different conflicts with a sword and survived.

By only based on what we have seen

It is Jon Snow.

lol

Jon Snou fought against trained troops of Bolton's combined forces and survived.

Dude based on people who we have seen fight in the series it is Jon Snow

even Brienne has been in small skirmishes, Snow has survived basically 2 wars

>Loras
He does fuckall in the show besides be gay and get persecuted for it.

Yet another character ruined by Dabid and Dan. He's not even in the Kingsguard in the show, for fuck's sake. No show watchers know about him being a good knight.

But its there in the dialogue. And the show preserves the choreography from the books where Loras wallops and disarms Brienne before she bear hugs him in their duel at Bitterbridge.

Since the number of named fighters is much smaller in the show, it is probable that Loras was one of Jaime's "three men in the kingdom who could beat me."

And Brienne has stomped everyone else she's fought (albeit under mostly unfair circumstances).

So, as much as he was portrayed as a swishy, Finn Jones, cum-loving faggot, Loras was still the show's best non-Jaime fighter until last week's 9/11.

I was thinking two handed jamie, seemed unfair to cripple him just because he wad unlucky ebough to lose his hand

The mountain. Is that even a question?

Jaime was a hothead that got BTFO by Robb Stark's guard

Tfw everyone watches a not Gladiator live action tvee

He killed 10 of them. Not bad. Is there even a ten kill streak by one guy at any other point in the show?

I am ready to just ignore that since we didn't see it desu.

Or else someone like the Mountain will be #1 every time since he just brutalizes people, he just happens to have a sword in hand

He's undead. Read the OP.

Does Garlan Tyrell exist in the TV series? If so, he is probably the best fighter.

This. We didn't see the mad king die so I'm ready to ignore that too

The non-zombie Mountain couldn't go through Knights like that as far as we know.

And the Undead mountain doesn't fit OP's criteria. If monsters get included then its probably fucking Drogon.

Yes we did

He doesn't. This is a MAJOR plot point, you idiot, because the plots of season 3 (Cersei/Sansa's marriage) and the plots of season 5/6 (Tyrell imprisonment) depend on the fact that Loras is the heir to Highgarden.

This is not a super deep/complex show, user. Do you actually understand the plot?

That could have been ANY 40 year old man with Nicolaj Coster Waldau's haircut.

I didn't watch the seasons before the last one

who gives a shit, he's tecnically still alive and killing bitches

If they get fucked up by Sons of Harpy all the time, they are not that good. They are trained to fight on an open battlefield, not in duels

Jaime says himself that there are 3 people that could best him. The Hound even beats him in the tourney of the hand

The Hound beats him in a joust, not in a sword fight and The Hound ends up being bested in the melee by Thoros of fucking Myr, so there's that.

only because he's afraid of fire

>bested in meelee by Thoros

He litterally killed him you retard, despite the fire

Dunno bruh, Thoros competed in four melees where Sandor also competed and won three of four, only losing the fourth to Yohn Royce after his sword extinguished. Melees are massive one man for himself affairs with usually more than 40 participants, we know Thoros went at least 3 for 4 and we have no record of Sandor ever winning one.

kys fag, we're not talking about Beric and we're talking about the melee at the tourney of the hand.

It's pretty fucking wild that Thoros seems to do so well in massive battles, first through the breach at Pyke, first in numerous tournys, the guy is a massive bastard in a crowd apparently.

The Doge

Hound killed beric in the fight despite the fire sword.

Thoros of Myr is the red priest who brings Beric back. Thoros uses small amounts of wild fire or other red priest trickery to have flaming swords in the books.

>Jaime says himself that there are 3 people that could best him.

I reckon there are less than five people on Earth who can beat me in a fight. That's not gospel fact, it's just me being arrogant.

I would say John Snow.
- The chosen one
- House Stark
- Pleb character
He's invincible now.