Alright, Sup Forums

Alright, Sup Forums.
I've been smoking weed fairly consistently for just over a year, probably a year and 2 months. I started smoking at the peak of my depression and anxiety problems. Weed never made my problems go away or make me feel better about them, but it did help a small percent.

At the start of this year, I was prescribed with anti-depressants after a mental breakdown in front of my girlfriend and she convinced me to go, even though my anxiety about opening up about my problems were already bad enough.
However, I've since been depression free, due to the medication. I stopped taking them after realising I wasn't depressed anymore, and I haven't touched any medication since.

After this, I began to smoke more regularly, and I swear every high was different. They were all euphoric in their own ways. I also dabbled with other drugs throughout the year, such as DXM, Pills etc.

But as time has gone on, these experiences seem to have become less.. special. I rarely do any other drug apart from weed now. I smoke weed every weekend. It just feels all too much of the same, but if I don't smoke I just get bored.
I want to take a break but I want some advice that could help me take a good, worth while break from weed, Sup Forums.

Also on a different subject, I want to try LSD and help aid myself with trying to somehow suppress my anxiety (it's the only thing that never went away like my depression did) or at least silence it inside of me. Any help on that would also be greatly appreciated.

Also general weed/LSD discussion thread

maybe if you do lsd you'll have a life changing experience and stop being so boring.

LSD will definitely take your mind off of it, at least for 8 hours. The time spent afterward will be used to reflect on ideas and notions garnered while tripping. You pretty much answered your own question.

As for things seeming boring, I would hazard a guess that you stopping your medication(s) brought back a deadened feeling. I've never heard of anti-depressants being a one-and-done deal. Those of my friends taking them must take them until they're either dead, or a better form of treatment comes out, or suffer a relapse.
Tough decisions, bud.

Have a hint from an ex-alcoholic, ex-weed and ex-heroin addict.
Find a fucking goal in your life and have some self-respect. A hint of will and dignity helps too.
You can coldturkey any of that shit, but be aware that the longer you'll take, the harder it will get. The only thing I didn't manage to coldturkey so far is tobacco.

Set a goal. Get a degree. Get a decent job. Try to improve your skills. Work on your physique. Working out is the best way to help coldturkeying everything. Endorphins coming from exercise soothes your brain and gets you that happy feeling without the need for drugs.

You should defently try LSD once though. I did it several times, but the best experiences was when I did it alone at home. Taking it in groups will make you have fun, but you can have fun regardless of drugs. Taking it at home, alone, in a secure environmeny will make you experience a deep experience with yourself.
If you wish to know more, just ask.

Not OP, but how did you know your personal goal was good enough/worth your time?

true that

Because I didn't set a single goal, I set multiple life-changing goals.
I went from an obese drug/alcohol-addict kissless virgin NEET to a chubby IT manager with a 7/10 girlfriend.
To determine wether your objectives are worth it or not, just imagine what you'd replace your addictions with, and focus on achieving that thing. Of course, you have to stay reasonable.
Getting the picture that staying on drug tracks can lead you nowhere but a sad, low-life, drug-induced-happiness lonely life helps too.

If I took [whatever drug you're hooked on] from you forever, what would make you equally or more happy instead?

lol addicted to weed, wat a faggot

>ex weed addict

you can be addicted to weed like you can be addicted to eating carrots you fucking dumbass kids.

what

>ex-weed addict

Thanks, user.

They're right in the sense that it's not a physical addiction, it's more like an habit that will make things feel bland when you're not high, making the experience seem worthless.
For example, I used to play videogames high, and I had a hard time enjoying vidya when sober for a few weeks. It felt bland, like all of the fun was taken out.

That's why I qualified it as an "addiction". You have no physical addiction, but a heavy smoker will be tied to weed consumption for its ludic activities like a rope to a bdsm enthusiast.

Weed loses it's fun once it feels normal

Well I was depressed taking them for sure, but after awhile the depressing thoughts and feelings went away, so I stopped taking them. They've been gone ever since, but sometimes it's hard to differentiate what's just sad, shitty thoughts or I'm just still stuck in a depressed mindset.

Currently smoking 30 buck/day of weed and I am not sure how to sit with my thoughts in ways not including weed. I am a work in progress

>do drugs
>do tons of drugs
>did too many drugs
>now every drug makes me sick

whelp

Try some psilocybin (shrooms), OP. Get an eighth, plan your trip in advance, make yourself in a safe environment, maybe with a trip sitter like your gf, and go on a mental adventure. I wouldn't say it cured my depression, but it pushed me to fix the things in my life that made me depressed. I tripped in the back of my van at a balloon rally and that night I admitted to myself i loved a girl, committed to losing weight, and getting a job. 3 months later I'm with the love of my life, have a great job, and I'm down 35 pounds. It opens your eyes to your life and lets you think about things without any self doubt or other shit.

OP here, thanks for your advice and input. I really, really appreciate it. I'm not too far gone as far as drugs go, I've never become absolutely hooked on another substance and I don't really have an addictive personality. It's just due to anxiety and self-doubt in myself getting worse, I feel like stopping weed temporarily and getting my shit together will benefit me greatly, as far as my anxiety, self-doubt and general happiness goes.

What's hard for me is that there are some indisputable facts of life that are crushing to those that choose not to ignore them. If there's something in your past that brings up an emotional response, then you haven't articulated them in a way that turns them from a danger to an area you've mastered. If current events, positions on the metaphysical, and random occurences get you down, then that can fit in the view of what is healthy.
I can't define it too well, or I'd be blowing smoke.
If fear, inhibition, trepidation, apprehension, or aversion are associated with it and it prevents you from living a damned full life, I'd say it's unhealthy, and should be confronted.
Life is hard, and therefore gets you down sometimes. Just pay attention to yourself.

>and I swear every high was different. They were all euphoric in their own ways

you do realize different strains have different cannnabinoids right?

Yes, definitely. I usually buy different strains. What I meant by this is that the high I get now compared back to when I first started smoking are completely different in their own ways. Still the same weed high, but they'll never be the same as smoking for the very first time.

Chronic pain patient here
>started smoking to quit painkillers
>doc said i was taking too many to survive for 10 more years
>smoke
>pain was more manageable
>could function during my day
>was able to talk to people again
>not bedridden
>stopped smoking when i lost my job
>got laid off because i didnt fit an ethnic diversity quota
>0 money
>0 friends
>constant pain
>depression was there but i never cared until i was alone and had nothing to do
>Its back and ready to make a mess
>vidya is still fun
>life isnt even nad
>still smoke occaisonally when its available
>realize the difference in my pain management between pills and pot
>looking for a new job
>found a new dealer
>still 0 friends
>still in pain
>things still arent bad
>life is what you make it
cope the best ways you can is the only lesson i learned

> anxiety
> self-doubt
> on medication
After thinking a bit about it, maybe LSD wouldn't fit you right, especially if you follow my advice and take it home alone.
If you end up in a bad trip, you're likely to be in serious trouble. I know people who ended up in hospital with their parents and neighbors aware of the fact that they took LSD. To my knoledge, there's no dead man switch with LSD.
Maybe you should rather go for psylocybin like another user said. In Europe, they're known as "Magic Truffles". Dragon's dynamyte is the closest to LSD you can get with truffles. I'd rather advise you to take Atlantis if you're willing to go for a mental trip though. It's also tamer for a first time.
The main advantage with truffles is that if you feel like you're going to have a bad experience after taking it, a few orange juice glasses will stop everything. Vitamin C stops the trip. But if you ever want to try those, look for documentation online. I think it's way safer than LSD, and it's legal in some countries.

I hears there's also a "legal" variant of LSD called 1P-LSD or 25-LSD. They're research chemicals, but I didn't try them.
There's also LSA, you can get legally by consuming hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. Like 1/10th of the LSD effects, but you'll spend your night throwing up if you prepare the seeds badly.

calm down shortstack

Crohn's disease?

Weed gave me depersonilization which is some scary shit I'm going through... taking a break

Spinal injury mate, broke nearly every vertabrae and then all my discs turned into raviolis. Literally 0 ways to fix it. Life sucks, but whatever. Its not as bad as it could be. Positive outlook and that garbage.

You don't think if I was in a better mood and a clear mindset that LSD still wouldn't be a good fit for me?

Only if you were. But things can go wrong for a 1st time, especially if you do it alone.
Like I said, you should try some truffles first. It will give you a glimpse of how you'd react, and you'd be able to shut it down with vitamin C.

But the only way to know for sure is to try it. Things can go wrong with people in a great mood and mindset alike, it's just less likely than with someone feeling bad in their shoes.

On the other hand, if you're good after your first time with LSD, you can give it a couple more shots without being too worried about bad trips, as long as you're in the same safe and relaxed environment and mindset, and if you get the same tab by the same dealer.

But don't expect tripping balls and see galaxies, hear colors, and that kind of crap. Listening music is as unique experience while under LSD, and you can easily have visual effects when closing your eyes for a bit, but don't expect a complete sense reversal.
LSD was always, and will always be a mind experience on a personnal scale for me.
Any idea of what you'd do when taking some?

I never have any real expectations for drugs until I try them and have a better understanding of the effects before I form an opinion on a certain substance.

What I would do if I took it, probably sit on my bed, listen to music and embrace the experience, good or bad.

Take L tyrosine and 5 htp