Things Plebs Say

ITT: Things plebs say

>literally nothing happens

>My favorite movies? Citizen Kane, Vertigo, 2001, Sunrise, Tokyo Story, Seven Samurai, 8 1/2...

the list goes on...

>I post on Sup Forums

They post threads like these to feel superior when they have progressed from Quentin and Marvel to baby's first Criterion film.

>Christopher Nolan is such a deep intellectual, they should teach his movies in school
>Using words like "problematic, literarlly, pretentious" etc.
>Can't watch anything older than from the 70s and the oldest movies they've seen are the Godfather trilogy
>Thinks the only trilogies which exist are Star Wars, Back to the Future, Cornetto, Indiana Jones, etc.
>Takes the opinions of IMDB, Rotton Tomatoes and Youtube critics of all things seriously

>>Using words like "problematic, literarlly, pretentious" etc.
There's nothing wrong with this
>>Can't watch anything older than from the 70s and the oldest movies they've seen are the Godfather trilogy
There's nothing wrong with this
>>Thinks the only trilogies which exist are Star Wars, Back to the Future, Cornetto, Indiana Jones, etc.
No one thinks this.
>>Takes the opinions of IMDB, Rotton Tomatoes and Youtube critics of all things seriously
Depends on the specific critic.

Why do you make this thread everyday?

>Game of Thrones is the best TV show ever!! It is better than most movies! Much better than LOTR.

>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Refn,Snyder on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed

>people who unironically list movies

shig

>right
>wrong, it means you literally haven't watched any classic movie whateoever. If you don't know anything about cinema's origins how can you even judge?
>true
>nope, all critics are irrelevant and you should only read critics to decide finally watch a movie and make your own goddamn opinion.

but what do they say? also nice projection

>you should only read critics to decide finally watch a movie
You are moron if you read actual critic before watching something.

>There Will Be Blood was so boring
>What was the point of that? The ending wasn't happy
>There's too much talking, where's the fun? Where's the action?
>What the fuck is that weird ass soundtrack? Why couldn't they choose Jay Z or Kanye?
>I don't know any of the actors, so it must be shit
>I'm a movie buff? Oh, my favorite movies? Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, the Toy Story

>There Will Be Blood was so boring
Bad since TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.

TWBB and The Master is what exposed me to true cinema in the first place. If I hadn't seen any of those, I wouldn't know what true film really is.

>Game of Thrones
>Not Breaking Bad

Are those the only two shows Plebes have see

>kino

Behead those that insult YIFY

nice pasta

>Can't watch anything older than from the 70s and the oldest movies they've seen are the Godfather trilogy

No this makes you a pleb for sure

>Tokyo Story, are you sure you don't mean Toy Story?

>>wrong, it means you literally haven't watched any classic movie whateoever. If you don't know anything about cinema's origins how can you even judge?
Not really. It's perfectly possible to read about these influences or just watch clips from these films on youtube. Just because one doesn't derive personal enjoyment from watching those films doesn't mean they're ignorant about them. I still take an art scholar who doesn't pay attention to any pre-Renaissance art seriously. In fact, film is probably the only artform in the word where critics are expected to have an all-around knowledge of it and not specialize in one specific era or geography.

>all critics are irrelevant
What does this even mean? Pauline Kael was not irrelevant. Andrew Sarris was not irrelevant. Jonas Mekas was not irrelevant. These and many more critics had a hand in shaping film culture.

>you should only read critics to decide finally watch a movie and make your own goddamn opinion
Reading critics doesn't mean taking their word for gospel. It means opening yourself up to differing opinions and being willing to consider other takes.

No, see above.

>you should only read critics to decide finally watch a movie and make your own goddamn opinion

Forming an opinion without pro et contra argumentation is ignorance.

>Not really. It's perfectly possible to read about these influences or just watch clips from these films on youtube. Just because one doesn't derive personal enjoyment from watching those films doesn't mean they're ignorant about them. I still take an art scholar who doesn't pay attention to any pre-Renaissance art seriously. In fact, film is probably the only artform in the word where critics are expected to have an all-around knowledge of it and not specialize in one specific era or geography.

Keep telling yourself that, pleb.

>pta exposed me to true cinema
Now thats what I call child of imdb

>Keep telling yourself that, pleb.
I do watch pre-1970s movies though.

TWBB has 4.2 rating in MUBI too.

so kys

>mubi
>patrician
kek

Yteah bet you are patrician when you decide to just blindly hate epic like TWBB without any arguments

>then he said i-it has a 4.2 on mubi!

i wasnt the guy you were talking to before but i'll lay out my argument now:
twbb is overly acted trash that fools redditurds like yourself by imposing heavy-handed ideas of "grandeur" gleaned from watching kubrick's films. it's all sham with nothing below the surface.

>redditurd.
Yeah I don't think you have anything that could be called argument in there when that's in your post.

>wanna watch a movie or show?

Entertainment media IS a pleb filter unto itself.

oh no i hurt the redditeur's feelings

>kino

>oh my god where is the plot????

>The tone was all over the place!
>The pacing was terrible.

Not that guy but if you genuinely believe that being contrarian is somehow empowering and intellectual then you genuinely are a massive fucking virgin
or you're just shitposting, eiither way i hate this fucking reddit tier board

>my friend thinks Quentin is the best director out there.
>also thinks Marvel is the greatest franchise in history (also has never read a comic so only knows shit from the movies), thinks civil war was a perfect movie.
>refuses to see a movie if Stuckmann, Schmoesknow, Jahns or Nostalgia Critic dislike it
>uses box office sales as arguments for whether a movie is good or bad. For that reason thinks Avatar is one of the greatest movies of our generation.
>hasn't seen 2001 but claims its one of the best movies ever because Chris Nolan said it was one of his favourite sci fi movies.

On a scale of 1-10 how pleb is he?

>waaahhhh if you don't like my favorite reddit movie you must be a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian

>Tony died/lived

b-but the book(s) were better

>le Reddit maymay
Kill yourself

the truth hurts doesn't it?

>people who take into account the popularity/critical reception of a film when determining how good it is (2001 is pleb shit! Knight of cups? Perfect!)

>people who think that there is only one way to enjoy a film (intellectually/emotionally/the narrative/on a technical level etc)

>people who restrict what kinds of films they watch (I wont watch black and white/older than 1970/romance movies)

These are the marks of a pleb.

bait harder kid

The numerical scale is insufficient

DA ENDING SUKED
DAT ENDING!!!!!!
WAT R SUM GOOD ENDINGZ???????????
I LIKE DA ENDING
WAT WAS WITH DA ENDING???????????

go back to r* kiddo

*the marks of a friendless neet

Films before the 70s and foreign movies are trash deal with it

>Tonal changes ruin a movie
>pretentious
>boring
>overly long
>style over substance
>poor pacing
>bad editing
>nothing happens

All of these are valid criticisms

Are you telling me poor pacing is not a problem?

>dude breaking bad and game of thrones are the best tv shows of all time, perfect 10/10s holy fuck

>*insert pre 60s b/w movie* was a total masterpiece, cinema was much better back then

I can guarantee you that people are only correct about those less than 1% of the time.

you can say the same about any criticism

>capekino

No

>BvS is bad

>Eisenberg is a bad Lex

>I just take it for what it is

a huge steaming mound of horse shit

yes

oh

> Breaking Bad
>Not The Wire

>I only watch foreign movies if they're dubbed. I can't watch the movie and read subtitles at the same time.

>tfw the only foreign flicks i watch dubbed are the ones by stephen chow
it just feels right

>(movie) will save (genre)

no. just no. Stephen "univeral master of comedy" Chow deserved to be watched in OV.

>implying the wire is for plebs

what happened to the Sup Forums i once loved?

>I don't like memes

Are you people dense? True plebs think The Walking Dead is a good show.

>ywn marry eva green

;_;

Yes, most of them didn't even watch BB until S5. GoT fans are way more annoying desu, trying to force people to watch the show all the time, barely pay attention to said show, and claim it is the GOAT.

t. pleb that doesn't understand the comedy