What's Sup Forums's opinion on these guys?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on these guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mmi60Bd4jSs
youtube.com/watch?v=qFLhGq0060w
youtube.com/watch?v=U-TTKnnZ-V0
youtube.com/watch?v=lPKjlbXHP3E
youtube.com/watch?v=bfpoXeOnfbg
youtube.com/watch?v=HC8gY7GU3eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bretty gud

10/10, but only for homework, discovery, and alive2007

alive 2007 was my shit in middle school

Da Funk first got me into their stuff in the late 90's.
youtube.com/watch?v=mmi60Bd4jSs

hi-fi elevator music

all washed up

Sold out completely and their sound reflect it... case in point, wtf is this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=qFLhGq0060w

Thanks for the cool tunes growing up... please fuck off now.

really hope they tour this year

RAM is one of my favorite albums of all time

Discovery is pretty good too

I keep going back to this album for some assured good beats. 10/10

Bangalter is superior

youtube.com/watch?v=U-TTKnnZ-V0
youtube.com/watch?v=lPKjlbXHP3E
youtube.com/watch?v=bfpoXeOnfbg

i only listen to any sort of house or electronic music once in a blue moon but when i am in the mood too its usually these frogs.

God damn do I love everything about this remix and its accompanying music video.

youtube.com/watch?v=HC8gY7GU3eo

I'm not a fan either but it's not like they did any production outside of vocoders and maybe bassline.

>alive 2007
>middle school

Oh god, I never thought this day would come. I'm old.

I wanted to hate that album because it won album of the year and normies seemed to like it... but I listened to it on my expensive speakers and holy SHIT it sounds literally perfect. The songwriting is pretty basic but good fucking Lord the production and mastering is on point.

I used to worship Daft Punk around ages 14-17 along with the whole french blog house movement back from 2006-8, they were my first big concert on my 16th birthday, like, they were huge for me.

I think Daft Punk were good at one point but really only have 2 solid albums, Human After All was only saved by the fun arrangements on the tour - which was a really spearheading event I think in the recent history of dance music in north america. I bought tickets for their date in seattle MONTHS after they went on sale and nowadays they would fly within minutes.

But yeah idk when you get deeper into electronic music and house music you realize that they are pretty much entry level, there is way better out there and they just have extremely successful marketing/branding, and their scarcity of releases adds to people's appetite/perceived mystique.

Alive 1997 and the Le Knight Club/Crydamoure stuff still bang though

Discovery > Alive 07 > RAM > Homework > HAA > Alive 97

This is fact

Homework was good, loved discovery and alive. Liked RAM a lot more than I thought I would. Everything past that is sell-out pop shit

Idk, I still worship them. I have a deep respect for French electro and the edbanger gang. I thought RAM was okay, kind of a let down but I think they could pull off a good album before they disappear into the desert some day.

I genuinely feel like RAM is their worst album. Really watered down radio-friendly songs without any balls like their previous work.

>daft punk's perceived mystique
do we have no faith in something beyond this earth anymore?

Homework - interesting
Discovery - good but overrated
Human After All - pretty enjoyable but raw
Random Access Memories - one of the best things I've ever heard
Overall I think they're really talented and influential [spoiler]but I prefer Justice even though it's a different thing[/spoiler]

It's okay. It's not bad but not great. Overrated as fuck though

Really overrated for today's standards. RAM was a good attempt at trying to stay relevant but they couldn't match their own hits (which are pretty dated).

I fucking love them, Discovery and Homework are two of my favourite albums of all time, and I like HAA and the Tron soundtrack. I didn't like RAM very much tho.

Radio 1 - Essential Mix - Daft Punk (1997-02-03).mp3
Radio 1 - Essential Selection - Daft Punk - New Year's Day Hot Mix (1998-01-01).mp3

[spoiler]essential[/spoiler] listening

That only leaves....1 album that you didn't like

You never thought in 2007 that you'd be alive in 10 years time? That's a big grim

Everything past the last album they released? wtf are you talking about? A couple of collaborations?

"Everything Kendrick Lamar has released since Untitled Unmastered is sellout pop shit."

Normie music

If you ask your average normie what they listened to, Daft Punk would not be among the list. At most they may know of Get Lucky and Lose Yourself to Dance

good engineering, sure, but i'd turn to like lone or reso if i wanted full on detailed production stuff

yeah aside from alive 97, crydamoure, and rouley, you could unironically call daft punk 'electronica'. i was huge on alive 2k7 and discovery for a while, but it's not as enchanting to listen to nowadays.

ed banger became pretty much worthless since 2010

Imo discoVery is their definitive album And Im one that for a Long time tought homework was their Best. ..

lolol, I have a friend who listens to like the same 5 emasculated pop rock songs he likes (one is the disturbed cover of sound of silence), but he also puts on daft punk in the background sometimes. He's the plebest person I know

Complete agree

lol have you ever spoken to a normal person

Everyone knows daft punk

Harder Better Faster Stronger, Technologic, Television, Around The World and One More Time are all extremely well known songs.

I also find there's a big difference between any normies enjoying Daft Punk on the radio, and actually listening to Daft Punk out of choice

Unleash your inner normie and enjoy the song fucker

What did you guys think of Tron

Loved the soundtrack. I consider Tron their true fourth studio album as RAM was nowhere near as good as I thought it would be

I was in third grade when it came out.

Homework is their Aphex Twin-tier masterpiece

Discovery mops the floor with Since I Left You when it comes to manipulation of samples

Random Access Memories is as pretty sounding as Aja, contains Panda Bear's best material ever, and is probably the last new material we will ever hear from them.

>I have (anecdotal evidence)
Sorry man but statistically speaking Daft Punk really isn't that popular. I'm not saying they're 'underground' or whatever but calling them normie music is incorrect.

If you like their music, try Plus FM (french) - the only radio station which has good amount of French Electro.

>Discovery mops the floor with Since I Left You when it comes to manipulation of samples
this is even more fanboy than enjoying RAM

Mate you have no evidence at all you fucking moron, anecdotal evidence is better than nothing

You're just wrong get over it

Discovery is better.

RAM was dogshit, one of the biggest letdowns I've ever experienced honestly.

Since I Left you is a basic sample collage and not much else.

Meanwhile, look at what Daft Punk did with their samples on songs like Face To Face. It goes beyond simple cut-and-paste and they sculpt and manipulate their samples like a piece of marble.

I got over my Discovery fanboying years ago, but as a piece of composition/production, it's a fucking masterpiece.

Homework is still their magnum opus though. RAM is basically them stretching "Teachers" into an album with as many of the people named as they could get ahold of brought in to do their thing. It's a masturbatory self-insertion fanfic of an album, but god damn does it sound pretty.

not sure what qualifies as popular for you but they're definitely popular.
as long as you're not listening to the same 5 songs your entire life,you've heard of them.
maybe through kanye's version, maybe through one of the million other covers.

That disturbed cover makes me want to punch people