Since Troi is half-Human, isn't she worse for her job than any full-blooded Betazoid would be?

Since Troi is half-Human, isn't she worse for her job than any full-blooded Betazoid would be?

Yes, her annoying mother prevents fish terrorists from boming a peace conference in two seconds like it's nothing.

If they left it to Troi it would have taken an entire episode of "CAPTAIN...I FEEL GREAT ANGER COMING FROM THE AMBASSADORS!" before Data or somebody found a bomb in their room or something.

Troi's mother is funny though

what if being full betazoid brings a bunch of shitty downsides that starfleet would rather avoid?

As in, every betazoid is as arrogant and strange as Troi's mother?

No, since her counselling tasks involve all races. Full Betazoids tend to find it more difficult to function within social settings. Too many thought patterns to concentrate.

>Since Troi is half-Human, isn't she worse for her job than any full-blooded Betazoid would be?

She's a ships counselor, not even ships psychiatrist, she is supposed to be able to tell you how you are feeling so you admit it freely, not as part of your therapy sessions. She should be holding drum circles on the holodeck not be part of the fucking bridge crew.

>arrogant and strange as Troi's mother?
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Marina Sirtis:"She feels shit."

Can't trust a fullblood

Troi and Riker are such weird characters to me. When I was a kid I hated both of them, but that I am an adult I love how Riker is a ladies man and Troi is easy on the eyes.

Troi is still worthless as fuck though. Whenever her powers would be handy they don't work, and whenever they can be exploited by some alien they work too good.

She still looks hot to this day. MILF

The last thing that nasty Greek troll is, is easy on the eyes.

This. They could have had an alien biology expert on the bridge or something.

Fuck that dude she is hot and her early episodes had awesome cameltoe.

I even liked after Jelico made here wear a uniform. She had a banging bod yo.

Who was the hottest crew member in your opinion? Yar doesn't count.

She was hired for her tits.

t. italy

>Implying you wouldn't.
Implying you're not a 3/10

Why would Yar count?

Yar does count, but she's not super hot or anything TNG had pretty low tier crew girls. Pretty much just the aforementioned Greek troll, old granny doctors and Whoopi Goldberg. Ro is alright, but they went too hard on the Bajoran makeup.

My favorite major character Trekfu is probably Kira, but I understand that's an unorthodox choice.

Yar doesn't count because she wasn't in it enough I feel. If you count her she wins.

Hottest of each series is listed below:
TOS: any chick in the background
TNG: Yar
DS9:Dax (either one really)
Voy: 7of9
Ent: Tpol

Which episode was it where they put a 100 pound bag of fertilizer on her chair while she was off visiting her Mother and nobody noticed any difference? Plus wasn't one of her duties to blow the male officers and diddle the female ones?

She's worse at her job, but she's better for relations and morale, most species would not be comfortable with a true mind reader present, or the crew for that matter.

>They could have had an alien biology expert on the bridge or something.

Literally any other Starfleet officer would be more useful as a bridge officer than "Ship's Counsellor"

>Transporter Chief
I bet they'd have less failed transports if the chief was aware what was happening instead of randomly getting the Captain yelling at them to rescue someone somewhere immediately
>Anyone from Starfleet Medical
In addition to knowing about alien biology like you mentioned, they could quickly treat bridge officers who are injured and vital to the mission
>Power requisition officer
They need more power more often than they need to treat emotional problems

Ya but wouldn't you want a captains trusted adviser and counselor on the bridge?

I always like the little chair next to them for Dr. Crusher sometimes.

>Ya but wouldn't you want a captains trusted adviser and counselor on the bridge?
You're right, they should have had Guinan on the bridge instead too.

I don't think she was even Starfleet dude. Plus they couldn't afford that much Whoopi!

Wesley wasn't Starfleet either, and they let him drive the ship as well as advise the Captain.

Also, I didn't even realise Troi was Starfleet until Jellico made her put on a uniform.

reminder in the mirror universe she is probably a comfort officer

or Worf's slave pet

>"ensign I am detecting strange emotions emanating from you"

who has Troi in canon fucked

It was only the humans that were slaves because the empire lost, there's no reason Betazoids would be in the same position.

lol oh God don't bring up wesley!

I am not even sure of Troi's rank to be honest. She did look good in that blue uni though damn.

What I love is every dude she ends up fucking it was either rape or she has to do the walk of shame to Picard to say how she gave a blowie to some alien they just met for the first time.

Marina Sirtis:"Her tits feels shit."