Thinks he has good taste

>thinks he has good taste
>listens to rap "" music""

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM
youtube.com/watch?v=JzSUgOmP66Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't wait for this art rap garbage to die out. Makes all these hipster faggots think they actually are contributing to the canon of musical achievements

rap more like crap

what's art rap?

You see jay z doing performance art with marina, Kanye trying to reference le corbusier while frank ocean and others just appropriate high fashion trends and repackage ideas. Post modernisms effect on rap culture annoys me

youtube.com/watch?v=gjN5-f2MNWM

All "art" in popular culture has been reduced to this, and while this is what's popular right now, there was no proper art to pop music even before pop was replaced by rap

I don't quite understand. I'm saying rap has left its roots and is just falling again for the white mans tricks. They think we need to be like all these white old men making minimalist bullshit instead of portraying our African culture

>i'm the shit I need some toilet paper
youtube.com/watch?v=JzSUgOmP66Q

Marina who? You mean Mariah

Marina Abramović

Oh, sure, I agree with this. Rap has generally sold out. Based on the OP, I was assuming you were contrasting rap to popular music, rather than modern pop-rap to some decent underground stuff.

:)

You're doing God's work, user. Never stop.

Hip-hop and rap are nothing more than aggressive and yet monotone lyrics, set to simplistic beats and melodies. They take very little skill or hard work to create and are subsequently enjoyed by those with no appreciation of skill or hard work.

Also, hip-hop and rap tend to be something of a catalyst* for violent acts committed by these unintelligent, uninspired, unskilled and lazy people (mostly men). Ironically, were one to resort to violence in an attempt to remove said-problem (I can think of a few who'd be first to go), this would negate the argument, entirely. So, the rest of us just put up with hip-hop, rap and their followers.

There are so many wondrous things we've learned we can do with our voices, in unison, with other hard-working people who've been practicing until their fingers bleed, and there are STILL those who listen to people talking over a generic melody and beat? Don't you KNOW this?

*The most humorous thing about this post is, an overwhelming majority of those that DO defend hip-hop and rap, would have to head to Google or a dictionary to know what the word, "catalyst" means.

>tl;dr: rap and hip-hop are crap.

POW POW POW POW
SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS LAST

>rap
>hip hop and rap

Rapping is a vocal style, used in Jamaican dancehall, African chanting and loads of other genres, its not an actual fucking genre.

It's all the same

Why are you such a nitpicking autist, you know what he means

When people say rap nowadays are they referring to Jamaican dancehall?

>*The most humorous thing about this post is, an overwhelming majority of those that DO defend hip-hop and rap, would have to head to Google or a dictionary to know what the word, "catalyst" means.
This made the bait too obvious, imo

And all white people singing is the same amirite, from Ed Sheeran to Slayer

I don't know?

Raps the shit subgenre ruined with vocals.

>And all white people singing is the same amirite, from Ed Sheeran to Slayer

Pretty much. Human voice is cancer and ruins pure frequencies

Jamaican dancehall toasting is a lot different from rap delivery. Hiphop didn't develop into a distinct genre until rap had been around for about 10 years. Rap was the name of the vocal style and the genre in the initial period.

Come the fuck on, colloquially hip hop=rap. Words often have more than one meaning, if you fail to understand the context they're used in, that falls on you.

It was called rapping before hip hop and is the same bloody thing.

>Toasting, chatting (rap in other parts of the Anglo Caribbean), or deejaying is the act of talking or chanting, usually in a monotone melody, over a rhythm or beat by a deejay. Traditionally, the method of toasting originated from the griots of Caribbean calypso and mento traditions.[1] The lyrics can either be improvised or pre-written.

It implies all hip hop has rapping, which it doesn't. See: turntablism, illbient, instrumental hip hop, UK alternate 90s hip hop (Mo Wax, Ninja Tune) etc

>implying black people only make hip hop
>implying white people only make pop and rock
don't turn this into an race issue, Rap is garbage, regardless if it's from a black, white, Asian or hispanic

That looks like this girl named Olivia I used to know

I always imagine that sweaty fat Sup Forumsacks are behind these threads. Trying hard to manipulate people from the "degenerate" genres.

All in vain of course.

I get that this is mostly a provocative thread but I seriously don't get the appeal. I genuinely try to be open to all sorts of music but whatever critically aclaimed stuff I listen to it's all garbage. Shit like Nas and Kendrick seem to get praise for being "conscious" but taking their lyricism (which is pretty fucking mediocre prose), musically it's all shallow and fucking boring. Very little instrumental layering and pretty much no structure and variety to speak of. It's like I'm listening to some watered down house. Like someone took Daft Punk's already boring as fuck Homework and decided to turn the tempo down. Why don't hip-hop fans just read some Poe opr Shakespeare instead of pretending they actually enjoy or even give a shit about music?

nah cmon this is a banger

T O E A C H T H E I R O W N

>nigger music

not even once

who the fuck cares you stupid bitch it's all chimps yelping