>best cars
>best fashion
>best music
>birth of suburbia
>go to diner and have cheeky banter with flo the maid

almost everything you said is false

why do you hate yourself

man I wish I was white

It was heaven except for everyone that wasn't white.

1950s America was heaven on earth.

And then (((they))) came and infected the youth in the 1960s and turned America, along with Europe, into 50 years of Liberal Democracy.

>except for everyone that wasn't white.

lol who cares

with ((())), you lose

So it was heaven for the vast majority of the country

So it was heaven.

America was founded as a white country.

Make it GREAT again!

>be 14 year old black kid
>whistle at a white woman
>get lynched and beaten to an unrecognizable pulp upon death
>killers go free

heaven on earth

>plastic food
>people smoking everywhere
>die of health conditions that are easily treatable now
>cars that will impale you in an accident
>no Internet
>three channels of B&W TV
>needing snail mail, books, and magazines to obtain information

Shouldn't have whistled at a white woman then

Yet the overwhelming vast, vast, vast majority of people have an amazing standard of living despite this.

>1950s
>good
Pick one and only one.

Look at how aesthetic that is. Cars look awesome, everyone dressed well.

The US economy in the 50s was actually pretty stagnant, with real GDP growth averaging just 1% a year, and there were three recessions. It seemed prosperous only relative to the recently-departed Depression.

Mmmm yeah nothing like smoking yourself to death and having lead in literally fucking everything

>scumbag baby boomers being born everywhere
That's not cool.

>50s America
>Not 50s BC Rome

>no internet
>no way to watch anime
>have to go outside and interact with people or I'll get lynched
Yeah no thanks. I prefer my 800 dollars welfare checks and chinese cartoons.

Well, it was good for those of us who didn't live in the Butthurt Belt.

>oh god im such a pathetic loser
>if only i was born in the 50s, id be a pathetic loser who's also white!

the jay z t shirt killed me

Seems like people can't progress without leaving significantly good things behind. We're still not very developed.

>no internet
>no way to watch anime
>have to go outside and interact with people or I'll get lynched
>wait in line for hours to buy the only bread or cheese in the store which tastes like cardboard and probably has weevils crawling in it
>get arrested for listening to jazz music on West German radio
>have to recite bullshit political propaganda at work and school where we thank our Soviet brothers for "liberating" us from fascism
>have your business confiscated or your farm if it's bigger than about 5 acres
>be denied a job or education if your family belonged to the "exploiter" class
>nothing to look forward to except war with the West
>try to jump the border into West Germany
>get shot
>die

Mmmm mmmm, I totes wish I was around in the 50s.

Lynchings were just about over by the 50s.

This thread is about 50s America you commie

>just about

two very important words in your statement

If the USSR didn't ditch Marxism-Leninism or dissolve then we would be living under Marxism-Leninism right now. This is how bad everything is.

Soon

>no flo gf

>everyone gets a decent job

umm no sweetie

>strong family values

this means nothing. What you probably want to say is that society was more conservative. Which is shit. Enjoy being repressed. Enjoy dating one person and being expected to marry her. Enjoy having to cower to the expectations of everyone else.

>aesthetic as fuck

stop being retarded

>best cars
>best fashion
>best music

Objectively false, and the sad part is you don't even know the actual good music that was produced in the 1950s. You're probably referring to shit doo-wop.

>birth of suburbia

as a resident of suburbia-FUCK YOU.

>diner
>flo the maid

i have been troll't

someone didn't take AP US history

But blacks lived better lives than they do now.

So a lynching happening every year is worse than blacks killing themselves by the thousands every month?

Poor bait

it still exists in a lot of regions if you are white and upper-middle/upper class

source: i lived that life, although the cars that were pre80s were mostly just trophy cars not for everyday use

>birth of suburbia
Why is that a good thing?

There are 9 documented lynchings for the entire decade of the 1950s while they were averaging 130 a year at the peak in the 1880s-1890s.

Also it is a myth perpetrated by the grievance industry that lynching victims were exclusively black, of 4,742 documented lynchings from 1882 to 1964, around 40% of those were white.

this

currently in a 90+% white suburb/town, 2 diners, most people are upper middle class, on sundays town unironically looks like OP pic

people don't wear suits around though

its nice, a fair amount of pretension though, have gotten a lot shit for being a programmer when most people around me are doctor/lawyer/etc.

The last known lynching in the US happened in 1981 (!) when a black teenager in Alabama was murdered by KKK members.

And what's wrong with this? Blacks shouldn't step out of line

Retards

It is regarded by 'perfect' by many because wealth inequality was lower, wages for pretty much everyone could bring a decent quality of life, and jobs were plentiful. Some of things, like wealth inequality, can be reversed, but others, like plentiful jobs, cannot be brought back simply because technology does it far better.

People also had a lot stronger, I would say even a blind, faith in science. Anything scientists did or said was highly respected, unlike today. That was not necessarily a good thing, as it lead to a lot of environmental/health problems (see Thalidomide, DES, etc.), but it's irritating to see how anti-science people can be today.

Benjamin Tillman (Alabama governor in the 1890s and later US Senator) stated thusly:

"We of the South have never recognized the right of the Negro to govern white men, and we never will. We have never believed him to be the equal of the white man, and we will not submit to his gratifying his lust on our wives and daughters without lynching him."

He also said that:

"Were a group of 50 white people dropped onto a desert island, they would within a few weeks work out a system of laws and some form of democratic government. Were a group of 50 Negroes dropped onto a desert island, they would proceed to eat each other and the survivors take their victims' wives as concubines."

I fail to see what's wrong with this, if anything, it set a precedent, it demonstrated to blacks that they shouldn't step out of line.

>Some of things, like wealth inequality, can be reversed, but others, like plentiful jobs, cannot be brought back simply because technology does it far better

Nice Forbes Magazine copypaste. The truth is that the US at that time controlled half of global GDP b/c WWII. Wealth inequality and automation are memes and had relatively little to do with the peculiar post-WWII conditions.

Truer words were never spoken.

Pray tell how that disagrees with me. We held the wealth AND the production capabilities to provide for most of the war torn world. As such jobs were plentiful and wealth was not horded at the top. Then the world began to recover and we lost our huge share of that, so I don't disagree with you

Also by the 1960s, we'd already begun outsourcing light industry to Southern Europe and East Asia. Before there was China, children's toys, shoes, and housewares were made in Taiwan, Japan, and Spain.

Happened a lot. White trash skanks who craved black cock would claim after the fact that they were raped and get the nignog lynched.

>“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.

>And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

---Abraham Lincoln, 1858

>....the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth.

>I could wish their Numbers were increased.

>And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red?

>But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

---Benjamin Franklin, 1751

>The safety of a republic depends essentially on the energy of a common national sentiment; on a uniformity of principles and habits; on the exemption of the citizens from foreign bias, and prejudice; and on that love of country which will almost invariably be found to be closely connected with birth, education, and family.

>…Foreigners will generally be apt to bring with them attachments to the persons they have left behind; to the country of their nativity, and to its particular customs and manners. They will also entertain opinions on government congenial with those under which they have lived; or, if they should be led hither from a preference to ours, how extremely unlikely is it that they will bring with them that temperate love of liberty, so essential to real republicanism?

>There may, as to particular individuals, and at particular times, be occasional exceptions to these remarks, yet such is the general rule. The influx of foreigners must, therefore, tend to produce a heterogeneous compound; to change and corrupt the national spirit; to complicate and confound public opinion; to introduce foreign propensities.

>In the composition of society, the harmony of the ingredients is all-important, and whatever tends to a discord ant intermixture must have an injurious tendency.

---Alexander Hamilton, 1802

Unless you're black

Black people were lucky enough to live in a top-tier first world white country

Now that we've let them loose are they really better off? They've driven us whites out of all the cities we've built, and turned them into slaughterhouses. Chicago had 750 murders last year