How is America even a democracy if majority rules isn't a thing?

How is America even a democracy if majority rules isn't a thing?
ausfag here, curious about a shitty electoral system

>ausfag
Australians are nothing but a bunch of British Texans

Democratic republic.

lrn2civics plebian.

>didn't answer the question
>did answer the question
/thread
cheers cunts

Electoral college is a dumb system.

But amerifats didn't care when everything looked like Hillary is going to win.

Now they're all crying blaming the bad system like sore losers.

It's not. Its a republic. now go back to fucking kangaroos (or jacking off if your leg's fucked up and you can't run one down).

>curious about a shitty electoral system
Look at your own first.

our system is just as shit, just in a different way...

curious? read a fucking book you shitwit. /btard university cannot help. but you don't really want to learn anyway.

I'll tell you if you tell me why people only have a problem with the EC when a democrat loses.
>Hint: It's not because they know how to be told "No"

G'day, Bruce

There's a reason for the electoral system. It prevents highly-populated areas from overruling less-populated ones. California, New York, and Texas would pretty much have the only say otherwise.

For example, pretty much all of Hillary's lead came from California this election, while Trump blew her away in every other metric in pretty much every other state. If we had a direct popular vote, California would have decided the election.

A geographically-based vote is a good thing.

There I was, giving the ol' in and out to this abbo Sheila, right up the ol' billabong. Turns out that Sheila was a Bruce - I pulled out and had vegemite all over me didgeridoo.

The US is a Union of States.
The Electoral College is in place so that New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, and other Absurdly large Cities don't dominate the Election.

It was a compromise between Each state gets one vote or Each state gets a vote based on population (See also House of Representatives based on Population vs Senate which is a fixed 2 per state)

FYI, the number of Electoral votes is equal to the number of Representatives and Senators each state has.

America isn't a democracy, its a Democratic Republic you dumb mother fucker.

how do you even care when you only just freak out when trump wins.obama had same terms. Go fuck a dingo you sad nigger

The US is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy. Our Senators and Representatives are democratically elected.

Texans are proud of this image

You sound butthurt, fucking cucks thinking there voices are worth a damn thing.

Pure democracy is bad because mob rule is dangerous to minorities.

People who don't understand this and talk shit about the electoral college clearly aren't educated enough to be allowed to vote.

Because our Fore Fathers were brilliant, not a bunch of criminals. They knew that population centers would run the Country, if not for the Electoral College. They made the so called Fly Over country relevant, and they did way before anyone even thought of flying.

You can find some kind of logic to label ANY system as being unfair to the losers. I don't think giving citizens of some states more weight than others is any better. Who gives a fuck about states anymore anyway? It's an antiquated and obsolete holdover from when we were loosely unified colonies. We're all just Americans now.

People who think that local groups deserve self determination of laws. So everyone who understands why we fought the revolution.

Stay in school.

Shouldn't the majority rule, and not the hick states?

Yes, the states with the most niggers and spics should rule.

Fuck Off. We're not going to rely on dumb fuck liberals on the coasts to make our political choices.

I don't get fucking beaners - they come here for a better way of life, then turn whatever area they're living in into a little version of Mexico

Same could be said for the original European immigrants. Think before posting.

beaners gonna bean

Europe > Mexico

that's not fair. libtards post without thinking. why can't user?