'Legend of Tarzan' makes a mockery of black characters in incredibly racist movie

>Me Tarzan, you racist.

>What year is this again?

>The new “Legend of Tarzan” is such a crazy racist movie that it makes 1915’s “Birth of a Nation” look like a civil rights epic.

>Forget diversity at the Academy Awards, ”The Legend of Tarzan” treats black actors as though they just exist for black background noise.

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/tarzan-ridicules-black-characters-incredibly-racist-movie-article-1.2697242
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Williams
nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k-8-school-teaches-white-students-theyre-born-racist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what salon and/or jezebel article are you quoting?

>Jackson’s character, unfortunately, soon becomes the black foil to Tarzan the Great White Hope. Williams is, as they used to say before we were supposedly enlightened, the token negro. He’s even wearing a garish purple outfit and spewing outrageous dialogue when we meet him at a stuffy, white diplomatic conference in England.

>token negro

nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/tarzan-ridicules-black-characters-incredibly-racist-movie-article-1.2697242

NY Daily News

that dude ate 7,000 calories a day to make tarzan muscle, i just cant understand how he doesnt get fat even when lifting

drugs

calories in/calories out

fucking Margot "The Cargo" Robbie really takes it out of you

steroids

The movie is bad, but not because it is racist. I wish reviewers would actually review a movie instead of injecting their personal politics into it and trying to make a statement. It's not about YOU it's about the movie. The movie is also bad because the people that wrote it are also whining liberal faggots that felt the need to make a tarzan story about genocide in the congo and how evil white people are. They tried to make a statement as well, but they made the fatal mistake of having a white person be the hero. You can't do that anymore.

>There are actually people who unironically think Tarzan is an interesting story and deserved to be retold.

MAKE NEW FUCKING MOVIES YOU UNORIGINAL CUNTS.

MUH INVESTMENTS

MUH ROI

FUCK YOU BEAN COUNTER.

God forbid colonial England be a bunch of racists.

I haven't an this and probably won't for a long while

Public domain shit will always and forever get remade.

The reason they don't make original content is because it's not safe. The public have proven they don't want OC, they want the same old shit they're used to. It's human nature to be wary of the unknown.

>Roots type brutal reality

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Williams

It's the Lone Ranger all over again.

The irony is that a ton of sequels/reboots flopped this summer.

Holy shit, Margot Robbie is in this movie?

Is she in fucking everything or what?

Hyperbole much? This is like her 2nd movie for the year.

Yes. She's the new golden girl now that jlaw was revealed to be a cunt and a whore.

Shes being pushed as the next big starlet even though she has no charisma or talent

>stuffy, white diplomatic conference in England.
God I hate white people so much. They're so boring.

Back then whites brought more development to Africa in 100 years than Africans themselves did in 1000+ years, and were teaching Africans every last thing to try to civilize them.

So if anything their depiction of blacks is being more generous than it should be.

Samuel L. Jackson was the only redeeming quality in this steaming pile of shit.

>black characters
the gorillas?

>mfw self hating whites

Why though dude? I see white people turn themselves into fucking punching bags and doormats and still beg for mercy for not being a "better ally". I mean, like, yeah I agree that that racism towards black people still exists as well as police brutality and that they're both a problem but I would never fucking sacrifice my self respect and dignity and allow myself to be some kind of Bobo doll for black people and others to vent their frustrations on. I mean, Justin Timberlake got skewered by cucks for LITERALLY doing nothing other than having the audacity to agree with a black guy's acceptance speech.... and then he fucking apologised like he did anything wrong

I don't know, this isn't how I thought the future would be, just constant ethnic tension and white cucks of course taking shit too fucking far

Because people are stupid, you can only tell them what they should like and what they shouldn't so much cause after a while they hate everything

I kinda want to see it now

Who fucking cares?

Does anyone give a shit about tarzan?

these cucks and gibsmedat americans thankfully are really just a loud but vocal minority, and once people all realize that no1 will care.

In this current climate where directors try as hard as possible to nix any mention of social faux past, do these feminists really think they missed the mark? When will these fucking faggots stop complaining?

External locus of control + dissatisfaction/unhappiness

Essentially but read pic related for a very good insight

Tarzan X is still the GOAT

Absolut kinografie

>white man violently assaults innocent black man
>the black man isn't even real, they made him CGI

How did they get away with this?

did their jimmies get rustled

>nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/tarzan-ridicules-black-characters-incredibly-racist-movie-article-1.2697242
Nice cherry-picking

>No, it doesn’t matter that Samuel L. Jackson plays George Washington Williams, a real-life African-American lawyer and politician. Here Williams, speaking like a wiseass hipster circa 2016, has gone to England to persuade whitey white Tarzan (Alexander Skarsgard), to travel with him to the Congo to investigate the enslavement of natives by King Leopold of Belgium.
>No, a black man can’t do it alone. He needs a bizarrely educated, perfectly mannered white ape boy, raised by gorillas, to do it.
Samuel L Jackson plays the 'cool' black caricature apparently

>In this laugh-til-you-cringe action movie, Tarzan, blond locks flowing, pecs a’flying, not only has to save his wife, Jane (Margot Robbie), from the evil white slaver, but has to almost single-handedly defeat an entire army, as well as a phalanx of evil black tribal guys in white face. Why? To again almost-single handedly free all the black slaves in the Congo. Tarzan slaver slayer!
>But the worst of it doesn’t come until the end when all the freed slaves and tribesmen, in loin cloths, line up to cheer Tarzan for saving them.

Sup Forums should hate this movie as much as much as everyone else since it still stands for everything they hate
shitty b8 thread op

>I'm offended
ok

They were raised that way.
nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k-8-school-teaches-white-students-theyre-born-racist/

When you're taught that racism is everywhere and the best way to recognize it is your feelings, everything looks racist.

No you're just shit at jokes, you don't scrape the barrel for humor because you wouldn't fucking know what it looks like.

you're the same kind of cunt that giggles and kicks his feet wh.en someone suggest idris elba for a role.

i saw it last night. it was pretty good.

Movie was ok
Good:
>Only showed young Tarzan in 1-2min snippets a few times to establish his story, even though its the first in the series for this universe
>Skarsgard is good and Freeman was good to break up the seriousness

Bad:
>Horribly paced. Was slow as fuck, which is ok if the story is good but the story is generic as fuck
>Generic as fuck story
>Feels like it was supposed to be R rated but was changed in post production to PG-13 (Brutal scenes, scenes where the camera lingers on a slice of the neck or something as if he should be bleeding)

Was ok, Free State of Jones was much better though

i still don't understand. what exactly is racist about this movie? can she actually tell us?

What does the movie actually do to black actors/characters?

Nothing. Samuel Jackson acts goofy and kinda dumb, but the whole setup is that he is out in the Congo out of his element and he was a soldier turned lawyer

>King Leopold
>It was actually blacks militia cutting off the hands of other blacks
>so they could prove that they were doing their job and putting down rebels
>The colonials were horrified when they found out this was happening

This. I didn't give a shit about this movie until the SJW's came for it.

be used the calories he ate, it is a little more complicated than that but not a whole lot.

>tfw Antonella will never sit on your face

Tarzan originate in 1912, of course it's racist.

It's everything wrong with SJWs
>a downtrodden white monkey man teams up with a stereotypical black man to learn the horrors of slavery by white people around the world and, because he's like so much better (do you even?), Tarzan then sets out to save all the poor helpless black slaves and free them from their white oppressors

Didn't Free States of Jones get a shit critical score literally because "MUH WHITE SAVIOR" even though the movie goes out of its way to be very accurate to the real life events?