All crime is legal

>all crime is legal
>foreigners are allowed to come and participate
>terrorists don't use this as an excuse to commit terrorism and kill hundreds if not thousands of people, with no repercussions

other dumb shit:
>the bad guys are literal neo-nazi confederate-flag-wearing christian fundamentalists
>cast arlo from justified and he literally does nothing the whole movie until he's killed

>limehouse from justified, who was a crip, constantly says negro instead of nigga in hilariously bad spots so they don't offend the white sjw audience
>>when they get saved by other black guys he says "MY NEGROS"

>limehouse's purge insurance rate apparently gets jacked up the day before the purge
>he didn't make sure his current coverage ran through this purge, apparently

>tracking bullets
>crips who start beating on the ambulance and were just seen fighting, apparently just want to get help for their friend
>the same din do nuffins wipe out a bunch of highly trained fucking white males
>the bad guy and the good guy run out of bullets and get into a fistfight
>the other bad guy and the other good guy shoot each other in a scene reminiscent of youtube.com/watch?v=nAdniWncWu4

That's not even all of it, just what I remember off the top of my head

Why is this movie so goddamn retarded?

>terrorists only commit terrorism if the law says it's ok

>stupid movie is stupid
>i'm gonna get mad about it

it would be perfect

you could
a) use the rampant violence as a cover for your actions, like the skinheads did
b) commit a ton of violence without any repercussion

Uhhh... where did you get that they, or anyone in this movie, belonged to any religion other than the Purge cult?

This movie is what would happen if the euphoric were to take over

>all crime is legal
That's the central premise of the story, though.

>foreigners are allowed to come and participate
>terrorists don't use this as an excuse to commit terrorism and kill hundreds if not thousands of people, with no repercussions
They just let white terrorists in.

>other dumb shit:
>the bad guys are literal neo-nazi confederate-flag-wearing christian fundamentalists
No, the bad guys are members of secret society.
The neo-Nazis were just their hired muscle.

>limehouse from justified, who was a crip, constantly says negro instead of nigga in hilariously bad spots so they don't offend the white sjw audience
Hearing a black man say "nigga" doesn't offend the SJWs as much as it does the AWMs, who are mad that they can't get away with using the word

>limehouse's purge insurance rate apparently gets jacked up the day before the purge
>he didn't make sure his current coverage ran through this purge, apparently
The system in this movie is different from what we have. Maybe they have the right to do that?

>tracking bullets
It's 2025.

>crips who start beating on the ambulance and were just seen fighting, apparently just want to get help for their friend
They had guns. If they wanted to kill the people inside, they would have opened fire.

>the same din do nuffins wipe out a bunch of highly trained fucking white males
A bunch? Two. Two highly trained white males with their backs to about 7 gang members, armed with assault weapons.

>the bad guy and the good guy run out of bullets and get into a fistfight
I can't explain that. That was stupid.

Do you have any other complaints I can invalidate?

For all you know terrorism might not be such a big deal in this timeline or story line or whatever.

At any rate, are the other Purge films this bad? This is the only one I've seen. This felt like a poor man's London Has Fallen.

The main reason that people commit acts of terrorism is because they are disruptive and not acceptable. To do it on the one day it is legal is stupid.

>implying that there would be anything logical with a movie that has a concept this fucking stupid

It's a flick not a movie man. Don't think too hard about it. I enjoyed it.

do they ever explain why businesses are ok with the millions of dollars of damage being done to stores and property?

Is it subtitled Election Year for a reason other than marketing? Does one candidate want to end Purges or something?

there wouldn't be much point to doing terrorism on this day. or rather, if they did, it wouldn't be terrorism as much as simply participating. the idea of terrorism is to disrupt things and cause a scene, so to speak, so you get everyone's attention. doing it on the day when everyone else is killing people too is pointless.

yeah

the female senator who later becomes president wants to end them

the current minister or w/e tries to kill her, since she's ahead in the polls

The purge would be a good idea to prevent crime to be totally honest.

If i was a cop I would take a list of the child predators and gangsters and terror suspects and just knock as many off as possible. A bunch of cops decide to do this and after a few years you are rid of much of your scum.

Also if i was working in a jail I would take this time to pick and choose the criminals i wanted deal and shot them.

no such thing as foreigners
end borders!
XD

does the film explain how they set up a fucking guillotine in the middle of the city?

I mean, it's a great looking shot in the trailer, but I just can't help but imagine the set up.
>some mother fucker has been looking forward to the Purge all year
>started building a guillotine in their garage six months ago
>Purge time finally comes
>dons his Purge apparel and gets his Purge buddies to help load the 400 lbs of wood and steel into his Prius
>drives it out into the middle of the city and unloads it
this premise, with a little bit of tweaking, could make a fantastic "What We Do in the Shadows" style comedy.

You aren't allowed to use bio weapons or bombs during the purge. It's a shitty series. But they explain that in the first one. I like the premise tho.

God, the idea that a film series with a central premise this pants on head retarded got green lit still pisses me off. The only way this would be acceptable is if it was a parody comedy, but it just goes to show how dumb fans of movies like this are.

This goes so far beyond "just turn your brain off". This is another level of stupid.

>being a cop on the day of the purge
>being in a jail on the day of the purge as a cop
>not expecting some rogue dickhead to unlock every cell for bantz

U gon die honkey

Are things like money laundering and tax evasion legal on the Purge night? Did they change the tax system to accommodate jews who would use this loophole?

Why aren't there any arsonists? You know there would be some Joker tier edgelord who just wants to watch cities burn.

Why doesn't the government use this time to kill undesirables?

I can suspend my disbelief enough to believe superhero films could be a thing, even fantasy and sci-fi films, but this shit pushes it too far.

Why on earth do people watch this shit?

>day of the purge
>user sat at a desk crunching numbers trying to avoid paying this months tax

What would Sup Forums, /hc/ and /t/ be full of i wonder

That's the entire point of it. The government does this because it wipes out the working class and poverty groups, who are considered to be undesirable.

The Purge only works set in the current year. It is hard to believe mono-white USA in the 40's/50's with its close knit communities would just start becoming murderous psychos. It is only in the modern time where everyone is atomized by forced diversity where this idea that shitlords would go around murdering randoms becomes even a little plausible.

Do you know how many pedofiles exist around the world? Do a quick search of your area on one of those "Registered sex offender" lookup sites.

The streets would be overrun with child rape, it would probably be the most common crime aside from petty theft.

But those are the types of people who vote for them.

>petty theft
I'm not risking my life to purse snatch on Purge night.

Why businesses still choose to remain and operate in such a volatile and unstable country is also puzzling.

Do you think RWDS would take this opportunity to start and end the race war?

If you were a cop on purge night you would either get killed by one of your buddies because he was secretly just a bully with a badge, one of the corrupt cops whose wiping out any of the uncorrupt guys, or gangs of thugs/civilians. I imagine prisons during purge night are a hell zone of rape and murder.

Hell, if you were a cop, realistically, on purge night, why would you go after criminals on your list and not work to protect people who are caught out in the purge or homes broken in by people. If you'd bother to cleanse criminal elements on that night, you'd have better use of your time trying to help people.

>its an autistic shitposter spams his garbage thread every single day thread

But user, if all crime is legal that applies to the government too, they could assassinate anyone even incidentally connected to criminals or terrorists without any oversight, and they could track any free agents that participate in the purge and kill them next year too, it's the perfect cover.

class 3 explosions are illegal user

Could the government implement laws and shit during the purge and keep them even if they violate human and constitutional rights since they were put into work when it was all legalized?

The upper classes who want the lower classes will vote them in.

What if I would steal a car during Purge Night? Could I keep the car after that?
And why would you call it Purge Night in the first place? What needs to be purged?

The idea is the citizens "purge" themselves of their desire for crime during the night by indulging in it.

That's retarded. How do you even get that past the senate? And what stops the people from not voting for the politicians who support that idea?

>when they get saved by other black guys he says "MY NEGROS"

It's a movie.

It's just plainly retarded, people comitting crimes regularly would still do it everyday, not just doing the Purge. Only thing that would change, is that one day a year they would get a free pass to do it. The whole "unleashing anger" idea is also stupid as fuck, a lot of people live out their lives without comitting any sorts of crime. The whole idea is just edgy as shit.

It would increase crime, honesty. Since you give everyone that little taste, that sample of being a criminal, with no strings attached, regardless of what crime they commit. There are folks out there who would become criminals if it weren't for the threat of the law hanging over head, take away that risk and they lose that last inhibition. People would become addicted and commit crime even past the Purge. Not to mention the clean up after the Purge. If a real Purge was like the ones in the movies, crimes wouldn't stop just because the sun rises. People would look for pay back, revenge, to get back at the people who break into their homes and killed their family, or friends, there would be outrage across the entire world towards the government to allow such carnage to be committed. Not to mention, if you give the people a free pass, whats to stop them from just continuing even when the Purge is over? You have what amounts to country wide anarchy and riots, with fully armed nut jobs roaming the streets. You'd have to run the military through every state just to bring things back to normal, because theres no way in hell the police would be able to enforce normalcy once the purge ends, I doubt people who spent the night bathing in their neighbor's blood would head on home peacefully when the cops roll out saying "Okay folks, Purge is over, return home and go about your lives"

Again, it's a movie, so getting into the depths of it is silly, but people who seriously believe this concept would work in real life are stupid.

Violent crime isn't the only kind committed. If the Purge were real, I would spend all my time cheating the stock market, extorting money with blackmail, and cashing fraudulent checks. Hell I would only need one night to become the most economically powerful person in the entire nation, and buy my way to power.

This is why the Purge are incredibly stupid movies for mouth breathing dullards

A few cities were involved in a "purge" situation, mostly just a whole lot of stupid idiots who thought it would be a good idea to go out all at once, with face paint and masks and guns and bats and terrorize homes, try and break into places, and be nuisances. As far as I've read up, there were few shots fired, at least one death from being shot, and a lot of people just walking around menacing homes by banging on doors and shouting.

Whats the story behind this "all legal"?
Is the crime since this day legal?

Not fearing that suddenly the people kill the leaders.
Or some military or police chief takes over.

Good idea instead gioning to kill the bad guys set a trap and let them come.

And we dont consider that only because its legel doesnt mean they will do it.

>hey its legal to kill someone
>oh i cant see blood, not for me than.

You know you can get amnesty for things, but you could get sued because of property damage.
Or even get jailed latern, because of international rights.
See the big war criminals.

Or in this purge kill all responsible for this purge and than end it.

I like the idea, sadly the movies have been meh. First basically turned into Home Alone, 2nd one took a step in the right direction. I kinda like the feel of it, reminds me of District 13, how its lawless, but like OP pointed out, the premise has a lot of flaws, which will probably be filled in. Like special rules, no big explosions, maybe they completely close borders during the purge, which can explain why drug cartels doesn't just bring in all the drugs during the purge.

What?
I dont think that is possible in 24 hours a year.

Sure its just a flick. But honest how should someone seeing this relate to the horror of characters or the whole situation if its just a retarded plot.

Its just futurama christmas plot recycled and in futurama it made more sense than here.

Yes too much
>We said so - the writers
The whole plot isea is dumb.
Why try to explain shit if its just about splatter.
Tried too much psychologically showing humans without rules.

MAGA

>christian fundamentalists
Christians are the bad guys in real-life, though. You don't see any other religion being as pernicious as those fanatics. Who started witch hunts, slavery, unholy wars, scientific oppression, colonialism, the Black Plague, torture, and LGBT discrimination? Christians tried to prevent the Abolition Movement from the secular, progressive types who knew it was immoral all along, and the Muslims who never operated slavery in a large scale like the Atlantic slave trade Christians controlled. You anons need to read history book. The Dark Ages are all about how Christians caused the technological stagnation of the entire world.

>But honest how should someone seeing this relate to the horror of characters or the whole situation if its just a retarded plot.
But it IS a retarded plot. It's complete shit that takes the premise seriously, despite being a complete incoherent mess. It's just like Human Centipede but without the level of gore, it's a testament to how far mouth breathing sheeple will keep eating shit as long as it has the same name on it, much like Sharknado, Saw, Final Destination, Bourne, etc.

But wouldn't the idea of being able to bottle up that emotion and commit all the crimes you want without consequence be appealing to criminals?

Wouldn't that render committing crime to be obsolete?

You must admit, crime would decrease SIGNIFICANTLY

>>terrorists don't use this as an excuse to commit terrorism
probably because the primary point of terrorism is getting attention and that can me done much better when a bunch of other more important shit isn't going down

Wouldn't the purge work in favor for the anti-purge side if terrorists kept blowing up most buildings? Just walking downtown to work day after purge and everything is blown up. Pretty sure corporations wouldn't like the cost of that, and they literally run the presidental election

Yes and it tries to be more than it is.
Sad such film exist.
Because of this everyone has the right to voice his opinions about this film, exspecially with htis bad plot.

>less crime
Not really, most crime doesnt happen because its planned but spontanously.
Most crime is done because someone need money to live. Hillarious if all want to steal money from a bank which were already secure for this one day.
If crime is planned time is too short or the planning is mostly a crime before.

No it wouldn't. It would increase crime. You say "no consequences" but that only adheres to the law.

Imagine you are in a small neighborhood, and the purge night happens, and suddenly your neighbors break into your home, rape and murder your wife and children, and torture you till morning.
Are you supposed to just go about your day like normal the next day? "Hey man, nothing personal, it was just the purge!" No, people would seek revenge, pay back. Gangs would slaughter each other, and then the next day do even worse just for pay back. Normal people would tear each other apart because of crimes committed that night.

Lets not forget people who have never committed crimes, now being given a free ticket to finally do what they have been desiring, do you seriously think they would just get it out of their system and be done with it till next year? No, it would get in their system, like a drug (especially like a drug if they did drugs) and they would be more likely to commit crimes outside of the Purge. I mean do you seriously think people would stop being criminals because they get to do it legally for 12 hours? Fuck no, criminals will be criminals regardless, and the Purge night would allow even more criminals to come out, and equip themselves for future crimes.

As I said before, it's not even counting the INNUMERABLE amount of damages that would be caused by such a night, damages both to property and to people, which doesn't just go away the next day. If there was a drop in crime, it would only occur for a month at least, and then crime rates would skyrocket, especially as the year got closer to the next Purge, and with every purge crime would get worse and worse, with less of a decrease.

The major issue is people who plan crimes have the problem of one mess up meaning a life of jailtime, at worst. If the Purge was real, people would have an entire year to plan and prepare for any kind of crime they wanted, and even if they fucked up, they would get off scott free. I mean could you go to home depot and stock up on chemicals and power tools
>Awful lotta gear here, Pat
>Yeah, just preparing for the Purge, gonna break into a bank this year!

I mean, unless it's against the law in their world to openly prepare for the Purge each year, you'd have every fucking bank and store in the city broken into in minutes, since no one has to be subtle or worry about the authorities.

This here is right. otherwise hooligans would only get aggressive in the stadion or even only on the day of event.
We had a "meeting" of different hooligan groups here, because they wanted to fight. There was no sport play.

Yes, but as far as i know, the planning brings you into the jail.
And to get the tools to do it, is mostly illegal, if your crime has to be planned because 24hours only.
Everyone will plan for it.

>hey were is Mr sackhead, i wanted to kill him.
>Oh he is in europe on vacation.

>Oh didnt had to buy the steeldoors. They arrested my neighbour, because he bought explosives a day ahead.

>bank
But the bank would be secure, the money safe in a vault were you need an a-bomb.
Or money diveded through 10k people, everyone kills themselves. And before someone gets ahold of the money the day is over.
Heck the day afterwards, you dont get into jail because you stole money but you posses money that is not yours.
Even the promise of the film is redudant.

How exactly would you procure evidence showing they had been conspiring to be committing that EXACT criminal act? Maybe my defendant simply FOUND those explosives and equipment or killed the person who had them and then used them for themselves within the 24 hour purge period. Your allegations don't hold and my defendant goes free on grounds that all provable illegal activity happened during the Purge, and the allegations of conspiracy are unfounded.

ITT triggered poltards complaining about a problematic movie. Listen to yourselves. You sound exactly like tumblrinas complaining about rape culture and the male gaze in movies. Get a room and hate fuck each other already.

>The main reason that people commit acts of terrorism is because they are disruptive and not acceptable
kekekekek

The only thing that bugs me is the suspension of fire services. Seriously the number one problem would be arson and entire cities burning to the ground because no one is there to put them out. Once a city fire gets so large it becomes damn near impossible to stop.

So how exactly does it work if you forge a paper saying you're the president of the US, or a CEO of Apple or some shit? Since it was forged on purge day, is it valid from then on, or?

why the fuck did they never pick up any of the guns from the people they were killing? No one was carrying and ammo bag but they had enough ammo to get into a bunch of firefights

Well you'd have to argue it in court after the Purge.

The forgery would be fine. Afterwords, trying to use those forged documents for anything would get you locked up on fraud charges.

Why? If I said "Obama isn't the real president" right now, would he be questioned and brought to court? I don't think so.

By what you're saying, you're essentially admitting that law is worthless and the entire society relies on spooks.

Uh, I didn't say any of that. You simply go to court, the government has their people testify against you and you lose. The law still works.

What if I, acting as president, enacted a law that makes questioning my presidency punishable by a bullet in the head on the spot?

Just answer me, would Obama go to court if someone questioned his presidency right now?

If they had sufficient evidence to prove their claim then yes.

They could still do things that would be fucked up even for a purge night, like use the chaos to set off a dirty bomb or poison water supplies ect.

>I critically analyze popcorn flicks
holy shit dude did you expect it to be award-winning or something

>do they ever explain why businesses are ok with the millions of dollars of damage being done to stores and property?

Paul Krugman was right again

Pretty sure you present your evidence in court.

Also, think about this: you're saying that you can't do anything on Purge day that extends into the future. So you can't steal money, because you have the money tomorrow. You can't become president, because you're a fake president tomorrow. You can't steal anything because you have it tomorrow, and by anything this means any possession, any contract, any social or economic position, literally anything that you can have.

So where does that leave us? Murder and rape? Can't rape anyone, you leave your cum in them. Can't murder anyone, you leave your bullets in them.

See the problem with that logic? If an act was legal when committed, then obviously the consequences of the act would have to be legal into perpetuity, or the act itself isn't really legal in the first place.

if your aim is to kill americans, why not do it at the best opportunity?

>people commit crimes just for fun and if we let everyone kill strangers once a year there'd be no crime the rest of the year

There has to be a certain amount of evidence and probable cause before charges can be put forth. The police don't arrest people and go to court based on a simple accusation.

There is a difference between one action taking place in the 12 hour time and trying to hold a 4 year elected position.

no, not at all

they're walking down the street and just see some guys with a bunch of victims' bodies and one guy gets their head chopped off

it's just violence for violence's sake

who says you need bombs or bio weapons to commit terrorism? smuggle in a bunch of fully automatic rifles and just go nuts, killing everybody from block to block.

i don't know what the day after the purge is like, but it'd probably be pretty easy, due to no police presence, to put a bunch of bombs in key locations (like the National Mall, which is apparently unprotected) and create massive amounts of damage to both lives and property

>There is a difference between one action taking place in the 12 hour time and trying to hold a 4 year elected position.

What about the rest of the post though?

I don't think most people commit crime to get their anger out. Never mind that the only people who would need to be purged during the Purge are the ones who are going out to purge. They prove themselves to be the real dangers to society.

Plus in a real Purge situation, the only ones out on the streets would be murderers. Even if you wanted to steal some shit, you wouldn't risk your lives going outside to do so when there are killers running about. So those who need money would still steal shit every other day of the year.

because the aim of terrorists isn't 'to kill americans'

Rape and murder are still singular acts not on going actions. Now in the case of rape if they can prove paternity you may be on the hook for child support but still would not be charged with rape.

You can steal anything you want because theft is still a singular act. Now in the case of things like vehicles you'll have a hard time registering it due to lack of bill of sale, and if a cop pulled you over they would probably impound the car and return it though you still wouldn't be charged with the theft.

Anything else you don't understand about our legal system?

What also bugs me is that they don't show people with enough money leaving the country en masse for the night. Hell, most people would probably save up all year even if they were poor for a ticket out of the USA that night.

Plus if the police wouldn't protect people private security companies would just take their place, they're already popular in cities with high crime rates IRL.

Maybe there's some bullshit rule about border patrol not allowing anyone to leave the country. Only explanation for it.

hell I'd just go camping in the woods for 12 hours

I don't think you're following what I'm saying. The fraud is a separate crime from the forgery. For twelve hours, nothing counts. Steal a bunch of money, at 7 a.m. it doesn't matter where the money came from. The fact that the papers were made during the grace period means nothing after the fact, since you're attempting to say you're someone you aren't. That is the fraud and that's the crime. The purge doesn't magically erase people's memories. Your paper saying you are the rightful president of the US has zero weight, since everyone in the country knows who the president is.

>>You can steal anything you want because theft is still a singular act.
Except it's not. Steal a factory? You're in the same boat as stealing the presidency.

So what you're saying is that the only things you can steal are tiny little things that don't really participate in any other socioeconomic systems, like a lawnmower. (and possession of stolen goods is still a thing with them!)

There'd be enormous underground groups funneling people out.

Also, do other countries just not give a fuck? There would be huge backlash if America decided to do something like that. Never mind that nobody would have really voted for it to happen because nobody wants to be in danger of dying even for one night every year.

>The fact that the papers were made during the grace period means nothing after the fact, since you're attempting to say you're someone you aren't.
But you legally are, since you have legal papers with full legality that say you are.

If it doesn't matter where the money came from, obviously it doesn't mater where the contract/papers/whatever other legal documents came from either.

>Except it's not. Steal a factory?

Once again, you're going back to things like a car. The factory has a business licenses, deeds to the property, tax filings, etc.

>So what you're saying is that the only things you can steal are tiny little things that don't really participate in any other socioeconomic systems, like a lawnmower.

Things that do not require on-going proof of ownership with the government, yes.

>The purge doesn't magically erase people's memories. Your paper saying you are the rightful president of the US has zero weight, since everyone in the country knows who the president is.
The purge doesn't erase your neighbor's memory of owning the lawnmower either. The fact that it's in your yard now has zero weight, since your neighbor knows it's his lawnmower.

>>all crime is legal
You mean I can finally download a bread?

They're at war with us. Their only objective is to defeat us.

They currently do that by
1) Killing us in big and newsworthy attacks
2) Recruiting other Muslims to join them

I don't know how many die in a random Purge, but imagine terrorists killing 10,000 people via a mass attack during the purge.

That would be extremely newsworthy and would recruit others to their cause with the basic line of "it's easy for us to do this on their own turf and they can't legally stop us"

And when you try to make the claim of being President the next day you will have to fight it in court and you will lose due to lack of evidence for your claim compared to the evidence the real president has.