Hey faggots. whats the best game? cant say goldeneye, zelda(s), anything mario, or starfox? wha-da-ya-got...

hey faggots. whats the best game? cant say goldeneye, zelda(s), anything mario, or starfox? wha-da-ya-got? just bought a 64 USB controller for ma pc and wanna have some good old nostalgia with some good roms.

also* anyone played South Park for 64? worth a try?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSD0JBk81IM
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this image already has the best game of all time in the first spot so clearly there arrange best to worst

Just about to comment this
/thread

i got to say dk 64 was my fave right next to banjo and tooie

you already said the only ones worth anything cuck.

Zelda

Banjo , donkey kong two you must try.

South Park 64 was garbage. Within your parameters in that picture, Banjo-Tooie 100%, one of my favorite games ever.

Rocket: Robot on Wheels was a really good N64 game that a lot of people forgot about since it was third party, I played the shit out of that game and it had a really impressive physics engine for its time.

where the fuck is conkers?

I enjoyed Southpark on 64. Just hearing south park dialog in a Nintendo game is worth it considering the game is on the cheap. I enjoyed the game play even though there's only 3 enemy types.

>No WWF No Mercy
>No Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
>No Perfect Dark
>No Conker's Bad Fur Day
Shit collection of games OP.

Conkers Bad Fur Day is amazing. I just bought it about a week ago. No regrets.

Uh, Conkers Bad Fur Day?

I really can't even see what these games are for the most part. besides the ones I used to own myself.
I used to smash on DK country for snes. never played banjo
fuck off then cuck

fucking was at the end of the megaman game and couldnt figure out what to do, but kirby and dk64 are pretty good

ye rocket was pretty much the shit too

1southpark is fun...

>Can't pick Zelda goldeneye Mario or Star Fox......
The fuck?

3Destruction durby if it hasn't been said

starcraft or doom 64

Jet Force Gemini was a great 64 game.

Edit:
Also doom

Battle Toads.

Get perfect dark, if say it's just as good as goldeneye if not better. They just never had any ads for it though so no one knew about it.

Ocarina of Time for me easily. It was a classic Link vs Gannon story, without all the weird shit that was in Majora's Mask.

haha you either are very funny guy, or you didnt read the post all the way( which I doubt cuz 'dont say Zelda' is like 6-10 words in.)
interesting. I didn't mean to limit you to only whats in pic related tho
def gonna try that again
I have seen every single episode so I love the show, just figured this was probably a straight money grab
Not mine I just got from google.
agreed.

Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron

You're missing pic related.

Find a copy of Eternal Darkness. It's the amazing secret of the N64

The aiming is wonky but doable. There are two options for aiming, but the only viable option is movement with c buttons and aiming with control stick. It's fairly awkward but doable, although x-axis aiming is inverted, because it's dumbass nintendo we're talking about.

newfag reporting for duty.

you bought yours on amazon? how do you use one? just google "n64 [game title] emulator" plug in and voila?

C-c-c-call me junior

Turok series, Duke Nukem series, body harvest, jet force Gemini...

That's all off the top of my head. If I think of any more I'll comment.

Pilot wings, f zero,

dont forget fighting force 64

I agree. Perfect Dark is like Goldeneye on steroids.

I own southpark 64, not bad if you are a fan or just want to try it out.

Can't wait for MLB the show 17.
Retro mode had better have ca-ca-call me junior!

Blast Corps.

If I didnt say that then, that is all I would hear are those games that everyone knows are gold.
never heard of starcraft.....
OOT is fucking head and shoulders above the rest. its not even a competition. thats why I wanted to leave it out of the running to be fair to the other participants. If not then its like Bolt running in the Special Olympics.

That game is fucking awesome! Fighting force 2 suck ass though..

DK 64 is my favorite game of all time.

Super Mario 64

Any of the cruisin' games (exotica is the one i played as a kid), pokemon puzzle league, wayne gretzky's 3d hockey, etc. Do you not know what came out on n64? You not a 90's kid?

Nintendo 64 emulation is awful, at best you can use Angrylion and HatCats plugins but you need a pretty fast PC (6600K CPU or stronger) or go with GlideN64 and hope then game you want to play works without glitches.

Most underrated game ever.

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=jSD0JBk81IM

Episode one racer...even though that game ran better on DC and PC

that nost from when me and lil bro beat the game one time

Yeah, even though the multiplayer was a little slow at times, the weapons were just too fucking awesome

perfect dark obviously.

Wave Race, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, super smash bros, resident evil 2, mischief makers, gex, space station Silicon Valley...

Will do.
>x is inverted
dafuq?
essentially ya.
just use Project64. Its by far the best and easiest imo. all you do is plug in the controller and then you got to set the buttons manually but it takes like 30secs and you only gotta do it once.
wondered how long it would take for someone to say Turok
I am. and I will.
Is that the game that has like a choice of 3 dudes and a chick for characters and one of the dudes is like Hulk-level huge? If not then I dont know what that is. will check it out tho

Basically any game made by Rare on the N64 is fucking great back in their heyday. Fuck you Microsoft...

Crusin' USA/World aren't there, but should be

Dude/dudette, tell me about it. This game was so fun! Easily one of my favorites

Good list.

It's alright. Playtonic is here now.

This.

Shadows was one of the few single player games i loved on n64. Good story and, at the time, good graphics. Fighting wampas is hilarious.

Rogue was decent but not as good as Shadows in my opinion.

I thought it was never released on the N64 and they just released it on the GameCube

yes

also this game scared the shit out of my entire family (cousins)
never could get past the 2rd level because we were dumb little kids and didnt know you had to shoot explosives at some wall

ddddddddddddddd

fun game

Body Harvest
Majoras Mask
Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Donkey Kong
Super Mario
Super Smash Bros

South Park 64 was my favourite N64 game.

Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman

What hurt this game is that it was a third-person shooter. When it came out in the 90's first-person shooters were all the rage.
Rare should have waited to release it on the Gamecube when 3rd person shooters became a thing.

Yeah the big guy is name is smasher and you just go around raping people. Fantastic game especially with multiplayer.

liked this game but was too hard

>don't list Zelda, Mario, or Goldeneye

Proceeds to list everything that was specifically not requested

I have 0 issues with a thinkpad netbook.... not much but like a 1.6ghz quad core i think. I played zelda for like 4 hours today. Ran just like a console would. maybe you just havent fucked with it in a while or something but shits pretty user friendly now.
ehh... never got into it really. they were ok tho.
Well sounds like I have a few to go on for now. probably try perfect dark first i suppose.

EXTREME-G.

my nigga

Thank you, I was lucky enough to play these in their prime cuz trying to play N64 games now are almost impossible.

A game NOT to play is Superman 64. It's so fucking god awful.

Deal with it

This is one of the best but most unknown too

Far and away... Perfect Dark.
Had to have the memory expansion, though.

Inverted x-axis aiming. Going up on control stick points you down, down on control stick is up. It's like that on a shitload of nintendo games. Confusing as fuck when you go back to actual fps games

Nah, Nintendo 64 emulation is just pretty hard, some games like Majora's Mask use undocumented lighting modes that are hard tor recreate with PC APIs like OpenGL.
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues

bomberman 64

That's true, I also know a lot of people who just absolutely despise third-person shooters. it would be nice if they'd make a current gen version. The guns were neat and I hate insects. Lol

I know what you mean. On some games it lags so much as if the GPU is powered by a potato. Gives me headaches but its worth it most the time.

Haha I remember it being difficult when I was young. I don't even think I got that far into it because I was always confused.

Vigilante 8
Off Road Challenge

starwars shadows of the empire is one of my favorites, it might be because it was one of my first video games though.

18+

Holy shit I forgot about Tony Hawk
Will check it out as well
K. I may actually check this before perfect dark then. I just figured it would totally suck balls
????
Its cool. I expected the first post to be everything I said not to list and nothing else just to be a dick. at list this list had two others

Hell yea dude, this game was pretty difficult! i tried playing it a few years ago and the aiming is so shit. It's still fun!

Mega man legends!

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Ogre Battle 64 yet. I loved the game, but I guess it wasn't very popular.

>nostalgia
Probably means he was a kid when these games were new 18+ years ago

star wars rogue squadron