Would you work 80 hours a week and make 7 figures or work 40 hours a week and make 350k?

Would you work 80 hours a week and make 7 figures or work 40 hours a week and make 350k?

Or just be a lazy NEET and make 12k a year you pathetic niggers?

Debating between orthopedic surgery and emergency medicine.

Other urls found in this thread:

dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/06/15/the-3-million-man.html
taxformcalculator.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NEET for 12K...

Do the one that'll make you want to kill yourself less. More money is nice, but you can't buy back the time work takes away.

80 hr 7 figures

40 hours for 350k.
Have balance. What good is all that money if your constantly at work

I would suicide.
man is not meant to work. get on wellfare

emergency rooms suck

Trips speak the truth

how do you make 12k as a neet?

you literally can't

This is the obvious right answer.

You can turn that into 7 with proper management.

Can I pick 20 hours for 100k?

make the most of yourself. you can always step it down but its way harder to step it up

Minimum wage plus food stamps (or the equivalent) would probably get you around that much

Trips of truth

Where the fuck can I work so that I can make 350k for 40 hours???

I've work 80 hours in one week before...All I did was sleep eat and work..For the entire week Monday-sunday I'll take the 350k for 40 hours

Friend of mines dad is a neuro surgeon. He's never home. Wife drinks all day. Kids hate him.

I can still afford an AMG Mercedes with a V12 at 350k/yr so I'll take that

a neet has no minimum wage, unless the definition of neet has changed while I was gone

and food stamps are going bye bye

Emergency medicine physician in the midwest. Gotta do 12 years of training first though.

>80 hours a week

may as well just be a neet tbh, at least I'd have time to take a shit

Am neet. Get about 14k a year.
disability, snap, and a stipend from a mental health agency. I have schizo.

I wouldn't want to work retail or selling cell phones or something, it's almost slavery to work a dead end job where you no you're going nowhere.
Unless you're like a doctor or a vet or something the world needs go neet.

according to who?

I had a similar option out of college. I could do investment banking at one of those bulge bracket Wall Street firms that Bernie Sanders has nightmares about and work 80-90 hours a week and make 120k out of college with the opportunity to work 40-60 hours a week and make north of 500k after a decade and 1 M+ after 15 years if good at it, or do something interesting (military as a commissioned officer) and only make like 36k out of college realistically capping at like 200-300k. I chose option 2. I should be entering the military before May. Then again, I have a lot of family money, so money is less of an issue.

the definition?

They'd probably hate him a lot less if they understood what poverty was.

What are you even fucking talking about?

neurosurgeons make that CEO money. But yeah, they put in the hours. Their whole life is work.

where are you?

I'm in seattle, they don't let me get any support. I have mental health problems (extreme social anxiety, agoraphobia and others)

Tried getting help, they said only if I can jump through hoops and go out in public to be evaluated every month. I can't do that.

>12 years of training
What the fuck will I do in the mean time

Own or become the franchisee/proprietor of a successful business.

I meant the food stamps.

Get into massive debt and waste your whole 20's suicidal studying how to help fat people who don't give a fuck about their own health. lol

Vermont.
I don't know what kind of mental health agency would try and make you do that. The one I go to is a non-profit, run by the state, and they're only in it to help people not make $$ so maybe that has something to do with it, I really don't know. I see a psych doc there but they would never try and make me go out in public against my will or something.

I was hospitalized for a really long time when the schizo kicked in when I was 16. They had tons of records so I was kind of a shoe in for ssi, they really want doctors and names and records and everything.

I'd get bored at 40 hours per week. I worked close to 30-40 hours a week while in college (with a relatively normal social life) and that was alright. Just doing 40 hours would have me bored to tears, that's why working 80-90 hours a week with investment banking was intriguing. If I'm not working and moving forward I get bored.

They often work 60-80 hours per week and make usually 500k-1.2m. That said, they begin making that in their 30s. This is after 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of medical school, and 5-7 years of residency/specialization where you work 80 hours a week and make peanuts.

replied to wrong one daymn

40 hours a week for 350. No one wishes they worked more when they're about to kick off.

Ortho is 7 figs? I thought spinal was the highest paying at 700? Or 900, can't remember which. I'm going for cardiac, which is 500 I think.

the one here is called DSHS, they are run by a bunch of assholes like Sup Forums (First solve the captcha...) they treat you bad here, insult you and have very little patience

okay?

Yeah, neurosurg is too intense for me. I shadowed a neurosurg and she said she did 100+hr/wk but only ever logged 80hr/wk or she'd get in trouble. I like 7hr of sleep per night or I get homocidal. Those guys are usually on 4 or 5 a night I bet. They deserve their paychecks.

I think it's if you keep that 80/hr/wk attitude after residency. dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/06/15/the-3-million-man.html

Put me down for the 80 hour week. Put that money back, pay off debts, invest wisely, retire early.

40hrs

it might be worth mentioning that I didn't want to start going there, I was made to by the state. Both my psych and therapist are really nice, but maybe it's because it's so rural.
As for being insulting/condescending yeah there's lots of stigma around mental health, everyone at my building is extremely nice.
Maybe see a doc and get a referral and then they'll take you seriously? I really have no idea :(

Damn I only make 700 ish a week working 42 hours

maybe someday
I've given up after they yelled at me and were impatient. I haven't left the house in 16 years except to go in the back yard for fresh air/sun

I pity the mentally ill, but I don't really understand it. I know it's not something that can be controlled but there's still a part of me that think these people are just weak. If you have depression you are a little bitch, if you have anxiety you have no backbone, if you are bipolar you're a child throwing a tantrum. I can't get over these biases, I don't get why people can't be level headed because that's all I've ever known.

we are weak, that's why it's called a disability.

in nature the weak die, in humanity we can just die or we can seek assistance and try to either cope with being weak or try to better ourselves, and not everyone can.

I feel you. I was diagnosed bipolar as a teen because I was an asshole and threw a lot of fits. Dropped out of high school at 16 because fuck teachers. Once I joined the military it was obvious I just lacked a dad. I had some sergeants who played daddy, taught me I couldn't act like that unless I wanted to get the fuck knocked out of me. It really grew me up quick. All of a sudden I'm not bipolar and I was able to be successful in the army, then in college, then in medical school. Lol. Go figure.

Depends, how much is them seven figures really worth to you?

thanks for this OP

i'd take 80 hours and be a depressed richfag

I'm the other schizo guy.
I agree with you to some degree, I think a lot of people really do have special snowflake syndrome.
In my case, psychosis and delusions about all sorts of wild shit, really no response or reaction to the outside world, completely off the walls eat my own face crazy to the point I had to be locked up, some things you can't really will yourself out of because you really have no control.
There is a line though
A lot of people out there are using mental issues as scapegoats and cop-outs. There is, at least in my case, a point where you have to choose to be sad forever or at least make some kind of effort to pull yourself out of it.

Personally, I'd do the 40 for 350k. Don't want to burn out, homie.

>why people can't be level headed because that's all I've ever known.

why can't everyone be multi-billionaires? A lot of the 1% actually wonder this, because it's all they ever known.

so why aren't you a multi-billionaire?

350k is still a ton of money and I'd have more than I knew what to do with with that.

I'd easily take the smaller amount which is more than enough to live comfortably on with half the hours over working a soulcrushing amount of hours to secure a future for my wife and kids I will never see or get to know.

Because I'm still in school. I'm gonna be a millionaire in about 15 years (med school, residency and a couple more years), that's why I like your post.

If you're still in school the dream of becoming a millionaire from medicine will be dead by the time you get pressed out, unless you go surgical subspeciality and work your entire life away, making being a millionaire pointless other than the money your wife gets to spend while she's fucking Jorge the pool-boy.

keep dreaming. It will never happen but it's good to dream.

How does a NEET make 12k? Welfare?

>Millionaire

yeah but, why not multibillionaire was the question

if everyone is equal
and mentally disabled people are just lazy or weak

then people not multi-billionaires are lazy or weak.

same logic.

That's literally exactly what I'm doing, minus Jorge.

I would like a "Work 20 hours a week for 90k" option.

Realistically, the people who know how to use other people to make mass amounts of money on their behalf are the alpha's. I dunno what to make of them except feeling jealousy. I'm not sure how to get in on it. They need cucks to make their bucks, that's for sure.

Not even close to the same logic. Only one person can invent the printing press, your analogy is not how capitalism works.

NEET is a acronym. It is Not in education, employment or training. If you have a job that pays, period, you are not a NEET. Even if its a crappy minimum wage job, thats employment.

and you are against people using others to make mass amounts of money so how will you ever be a millionaire or billionaire.

it literally is the same logic.

"I have this ability, so you should too"

According to this: taxformcalculator.com/

If you live in California and you work 52, 80 hour weeks, and you make exactly $1,000,000, you are making roughly $123.07 per hour, after taxes are taken out.

If you live in California and you work 52, 40 hour weeks, and you make exactly $350,000, you are making roughly $100.30 per hour, after taxes are taken out.

The choice is easy for me. I will happily make 22.7% less than a millionaire does for 50% less work.

I'd use that extra time to do the things I want to do. Things like masturbating to Sup Forums threads and brewing beer.

Fuck

Lol. Same. Let us both hope our women can resist jorge.

And if she fucks him after I've put in all the work to make sure our counters are marble and our cars are luxury, I'll just kill her and then myself, lol. No joke tho.

No, I'm for it. I work for that guy. I just can't figure out how to get on that level. I'm thankful he exists though.

you are for using others
so what is wrong with being a neet on government assistance?

/thread

>I just can't figure out how to get on that level.
They're born into it numbnuts

use the 350k income at 40 hours a week and the 30 hours you've saved yourself building a residual income through other means that don't require your constant time and effort. the idea is you should only work for money until you set up another means of generating income while you sit on your ass and enjoy your life!

Perspective. FUcking christ.

And lo and behold, everyone can. It just takes risks and a little work, anyone can be an oil tycoon. The system only works because people like you are too busy blaming others for their misfortunes to do anything useful with their lives.

3 yrs of service in USMC

I'm perfectly fine with the $2900/mo the VA throws my way. Can't complain about the other bennies like free medical and dental, no property tax, free licensing, etc. either.

Bro, I never complained about NEETS? I just called you all lazy niggers. I accept that my income supports NEETS. I live a valuable life and my work makes me feel good. I've been to NEET forums, I see you're all suicidal and hate yourselves lol. It's not a big deal for me. 12k out of my 500k isn't too much for me. I don'y envy you, and I don't hate you for being too pathetic to do something for yourselves. Like I said before, I woulda been a NEET myself if it hadn't been for some Army sgts who played daddy for me and taught me to be a real human. If you can't, that's okay too.

mfw OP finds out neither of those make half of that much. If you want that kind of income, don't go to medical school.

Jesus fucking christ dude. I just want to say I think you actually made my decision for me. After all this debate, I really think yours was the only one that swayed me. Thanks bro.

$350k a year.
You invest $250k of it, live on the other $100k. You're a millionaire in under 5 years and you don't want to off yourself.
Conversely, if you go the Emergency room route, you spend 5-7 years in residency making next to no money and doing grunt work.
Seems like an easy choice to me.

Kek. find me an emergency medicine physician who works more than 32hr/wk and makes less than 300k/yr. Yeah, you can't.

Agreed about medicine not being the best option for income per hours worked though.

depends a lot on how good you are with money. are you good at budgeting, analyzing your expenditures regularly, taxes, and have modest tastes? then go for the 80 hours, work hard for a while, then you can stop and change careers sooner.

if you're a fancy pants money burning coke fiend then all that extra money will get burned up anyway and you'll be working twice as hard for what will feel like not really more money at all, and you'd be better off with the 40 hour job

working 2x for 3x the money sounds like a shit way to live

that's literally the max income in the country. average is gonna be about 100k less per year. and it's not like many get past working for 30-40k per year during residency when they owe 300k in student loans. suicide usually. shit not worth.

Residency isn't that low, and you can put off your loans until you're settled in your real job.

Dude, your sources are retarded. Go talk to an actual emergency medicine physician. Check medscap (avg. 322k, considering a huge amount of women on mommy track jobs working 20hr/wk raising babies lol)

Yeah fuck off. Salary.com isn't real

>NEET
>Not in Education, Employment, or Training

Did you think it was just a meme or something?

I'll bet you're a kid that isn't even accepted into a med school yet. Just "pre-med" in undergrad like half the people who work in footlocker. Hint: no doctor, especially not your first few years, will be working only 40 hours/week. You are on call all the time.

residency is that low, at least in chico, ca it was about 4 years ago. and you work pretty insane hours (70 hours weeks). you're basically slave labor. ortho surgeons don't make shit unless you open your own practice. hospitals pretty much fk you. sucks.

and some lenders will let you defer during residency, but it's never worth it just due to the amount of interest you'll accrue. but it is what it is i guess.

>extreme social anxiety, agoraphobia
Chances are you're just a pussy user

Naw. I'm already M3.

My wife is a CPA. I'd own my own practice. Without a doubt.

I'm not the ortho guy, I'm the cardiac guy.

Also no debt. I'm a veteran and my school got paid off by the state and GI bill.

7 figures for a year at least.

too many pre-pre-med students tbh