"it's so creative"

>"it's so creative"
>It's really just some edgy autist from New York trying to be as edgy and "LOL so ranDUMB XD" as possible
>"It blends so many genres"
>Actually does no blending, but instead awkwardly juxtaposes them in ways that don't work at all.
>Vocals are absolute fucking nonsense.
>The album is like, 30 tracks or some shit and they're all just short bursts of cacophony.
>Some of the tracks are as short as 12 seconds.

Why does Sup Forums like Naked City?
Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol7/mindless.html
youtube.com/watch?v=C4_nTSFrM6A&index=91
youtube.com/watch?v=w1p2N37Holw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally what/who

i'm on Sup Forums 24/7 and have never seen that thing posted

bamboozled.webm

holy shit kek

How don't know how to take this bait but Frankenstein Girls is such amazing album.

"It’s like giving a bunch of kids the keys to a castle that they shouldn’t have access to. That’s probably a million dollar record, and there’s no way we’ll ever be recouped on it."

Frankenstein Girls is a masterpiece IMO. I've been revisiting their later albums recently (which I'd always dismissed as synthpop for mallgoths) and it's all really solid, crap lyrical content aside. IF is actually a brilliant album and I think me from 9 years ago would try to kick my ass for saying that but it's true.

Their Kickstarter album, How I Learned To Stop Giving A Shit And Love Mindless Self Indulgence is without a doubt their best album.

their lyrics are fitting, it's almost weird as point of complaint because you without a doubt know that that kind of edgy stuff if what you're getting yourself into
you can't really say they're "cringe" because yeah no shit
it's also wrapped in a brand of irony that i'm pretty sure would still be trendy today with ironic soundcloud rappers, pc music and all
when will Sup Forums at large realize how great msi are, it's only a question of spam

>i'm pretty sure would still be trendy today
I disagree with that only because of Youtube and shitty memes. Like, it's not really profitable and efficient to record and release and album of high brow and low brow material, with competitors like Flithy Frank, H3H3, and iDubbz that have taken over the new edgy.

what a weird opinion to have

eh, there was a definite tonal shift around when You'll Rebel came out. A degree of real, legitimate seriousness was added in there. It was a little cringeworthy.

Only song of theirs where the lyrics are just too stupid for me to handle is Hip Hop rage, which is a shame because musically it's one of the best tracks on that album

vanessa was so rad. Lyn-Z is ok I guess but watching her on stage is nowhere near as exciting. I don't care that u can bend over backwards lady, do something else already

reminder that msi is scaruffi-core

scaruffi.com/vol7/mindless.html

Jimmy doesn't work well when he actually tries to write serious songs that have true meaning.
But his cover of "The Logical Song" on How I Learned is fucking brilliant.

Speaking of Vanessa. Is there any audio of her voice?
The only thing that comes close is this
youtube.com/watch?v=C4_nTSFrM6A&index=91

MSI threads are usually pretty chill unless some fuckhead starts screeching about degeneracy.
Yeah, that's one of my favorites too. I just ignore the lyrics desu.

I liked this band when I was 16

You'll Rebel to Anything actually stuck with me the most. Frankenstein Girls feels like nostalgia tunes.

I like most of MSI's stuff except for How I Learned...
Idk, it just feels like that album they just took a bunch of rejected Imagine Dragons instrumentals and sung naughty words over them. It didn't feel really legitimate to me.

>Millennials: the album

they're gen x-ers though aren't they?

Well.
Yeah. Millennial and late Gen-Xers are gonna be their fan base.
What's your point?

right, gen x gave birth to millennials.
so naturally the content they created appropriated millennial culture.

I just find it funny that OP ((((((((((clearly a millennial)))))))))) is being so critical of something that helped define their own generation.

OP here, and I actually like MSI. I was just trying to bait. That and I also wanted an excuse to compare MSI to Naked City

Eh.
Generational cohorts are flexible.
I'm a millennial, technically. My parents are late Boomers.
Also did you miss that OP was memeing?

>white guy saying "nigger"
>millenial
pick one and only one

I grew up on MSI. I saw them when they toured their Kickstarter album and it was dope. Little Jimmy Urine has got the greatest stage presence I've ever seen. I'm comfortable saying that I have How I learned in my car on cd and the rest of their discog on my ipod.

>it just feels like that album they just took a bunch of rejected Imagine Dragons instrumentals and sung naughty words over them

lol, it's not REALLY that bad but this is sort of accurate.

Apparently she breathed fire during her audition or something. It's a shame she didn't do as much crazy shit live tho.

I should probably clarify, I'm referring to lyn-z.
She talks about it at some point in this interview: youtube.com/watch?v=w1p2N37Holw

So it's not like she isn't capable of being at least as interesting live as Vanessa, but sadly she just, doesn't do anything interesting live and idk why.