Why did she become so irrelevant after Born This Way? What went wrong?

Why did she become so irrelevant after Born This Way? What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pco91kroVgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Career solely based in shock value and gimicks, only one legitimately good song. No fucking surprise really this was bound to happen.

Artpop was shit, that's why. Also she was bad at being a pop star. She could never be Taylor Swift or Katy Perry (wholesome, but with a number of ultra high profile boyfriends) so she went the Madonna route, but the only issue there was that Madonna had already done all of the sexual/provocative shit that Gaga was trying to do back in the 80s when that stuff was actually edgy and taboo. She's too weird and unattractive to be a sweetheart but too boring to be a provocateur.

She released Artpop, terrible fucking album. She brought it back with Joanne, tho, which is why she's seeing a resurgence. I think Lady Gaga more than almost any other pop artist has seen her career correlate almost directly with the quality of the music she's putting out

She ran out of bombastic progressive subcultures to appropriate

Because the people that made her were "artistic," not her

she over pandered to gays and they got sick of her.

The Fame Monster and Born This Way are legitimately good though.

>irrelevant

you know she played in the SuperBowl halftime show right?

le pokerface

She stopped getting her songs from RedOne.

This is literally the answer.

so did the black eye peas

yea and i would argue they were relevant at the time, they were one of the biggest acts in the world for like 4 years

So did coldplay, and now they're collaborating with a shifty edm group just to stay relevant

Was anybody else told she had a penis or was that just me? I thought she was a tranny for years.

poor management and she was going crazy irl during that time. artpop would have been more of a success had she those two things in check

red one's song on artpop is one of the worst on the album

Yeah it was a rumor, you actually believed this?

I was young will be my excuse. I'm 18 now so I was 11 when I heard it I think.

>I'm 18 now
How convenient

Her time was over. Same happened to every pop act that made a lot of people go "omg i lov" and a lot of people feel good for not liking until it became cool to like it in a serious way and died away as is the nature of this kind of act.

Hhey emember justin bieber lol what a nob amirite we will never hear the end o dis

>What went wrong?
Looks like being a talentless face for the record companies didnt pay off... Who could have guessed?

I'll show you my id if you want

led zeppelin cover band frontman sucked the right dick but then got too big for her britches so to speak and now doesn't have the funding to back her inane bullshit , she has never done anything good in her life it all has been for the moneys

dont post your id on a Bhutanese treasure-hunting forum dude i recommend against it

>implying this isn't the most kino Lady Gaga video

youtube.com/watch?v=pco91kroVgQ

She transformed into a motorcycle. No artist has ever done so and remained relevant

don't worry I was going to cover anything useful. It defeats the purpose but it's the intent that matters.

She stopped being sexy and went full freak show.
The Fame was her only album worth listening to

she got too thicc

I got bad news for you

ppl just got bored of her schtick. she had an okay run for a pop star. the shelf life is pretty brief for almost all of them, the madges and taytays of this world are an anomaly

t.guy who never listened to any of her music

the video for venus would have been insane

I believe that what the general public liked about gagag was her use of gritty EDM on fame meunster. Pandering to gays was a home run, but their loyalty blinked.

Anyone else notice that Joanne is an attempt at crossover country act? Bless her heart, i think shes groping to find a place;any place, that will have her. Its a little whorish really, isnt it?

you have no idea what you are talking about

Well, sure i do, sugar.... Im talkin about my opinion... about a pop star. Are we in disagreement, lol? Thats fine.

Have you snorted and shot up so many lines of marijuanas that you forgot you were in a thread where folks expressed their views on an artist? Were you unprepared to encounter a differing or perhaps upseting perspective?

Tell the truth, the election has left you in a troubled state, amirite?

Itll be alright, child.

What does this mean in relation to gagas allegedly thick ass?

test

F+

Because Lady Gaga is - and always was - nothing more than a gimmick (it literally started out as a burlesque act Stefani Germanotta did with a friend for shits and giggles at clubs on the Lower East Side after she dropped out of art school.)

Don't get me wrong - gimmicky acts often make for GREAT entertainment. But they never last. There is only so much you can do with an act like that before you start running out of places to take it, and the whole thing starts to get stale. Which is exactly what has happened with her, and is why she has started going on this whole (half-hearted imo) "I am more than just Lady Gaga" Joanne tangent - because she knows that that is the only way to move forward with her career.

Imo she'd do much better by herself in the long run if she were to do a full-on Prince and dispense with the Lady Gaga name entirely. But I suspect she doesn't have the balls for that.

this is what jealousy looks like

Yeah... no. I just happen to have a lot of close ties to her artistic upbringings in NY, and have spoken at great length with former friends/classmates/colleagues of hers about what her story is (this stuff is very interesting imo.) She's always been someone who people in the know have recognized as having genuine artistic potential.

But she has a tendency to settle for gimmicks - it's the reason why she ended up dropping out/getting kicked out of school after her freshman year. And also why she tends not to get very much respect (despite her obvious artistic/directorial talents) from NYC's artist elites - for better or worse.

literally this. Pandering gays kills careers because not all faggots like pop music and it scares off straight listeners

umm she released a jazz album 3 years ago

With Tony Bennett, singing (non-original) jazz standards - i.e. from a musical standpoint about as un-Lady Gaga (up to that point) like as she could get.

She tried being more than she was.

People in this thread are really underestimating the influence that Gaga had on pop.

Gaga is literally more relevant than Taylor Swift or Anal Del Ray, Prove me wrong you can't.

nice

but that doesn't mean that she's better than the Lana.

itt: non heterosexuals

Carly Rae Jepsen = Early Gaga > Every other pop star > Lady Gaga post-Born This Way

objective tierlist, so yea lana is better nowadays

t. 14 year old rockist who listens to his dad's record collection and thinks he was born in le wrong generation

t. 24 year old modern retard that listen to Kayne West red album and think that he is instelectual superior to rock generation

oh, you're one of those...