E

B

I

R

D

Y

it's good but it's not their best. not enough highs

it would be better if they werent bigots

Actually, The Pod is the best Ween album. PG is second ;)

>letting someones personal beliefs affect your enjoyment of their music.
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

True, the first half is amazing though, it gets weak by the last part. It'd rank it under White Pepper, Chocolate and Cheese Quebec and The Mollusk

JUNKIE

Q U E B E C

U

E

B

E

C

OBJECTIVE WEEN RANKING, BEST TO WORST:

SHINOLA > QUEBEC > THE MOLLUSK > CHOCOLATE AND CHEESE > PURE GUAVA > THE POD > GODWEENSATAN > 12CGC > LA CACARACHA

JEW

???

I agree

It's a meme. They're chill as fuck, they just put in funny lyrics sometimes. Ignore him/it.

Agreed, OP. Up there with Quebec, The Mollusk, Chocolate and Cheese and White Pepper for sure.

It's got a cool raw lo-fi psychedelic sound with a few funny ones. I like it, cool album art too.

Also Tender Situation is so chill, love The Stallion Pt 3 too and Little Birdy. And Dont Get 2 Close To My Fantasy is awesome. And Big Jilm and Reggae Junkie Jew

Oh, ok

Pure Guava
GodWeenSatan
Chocolate and Cheese
The Mollusk
The Pod
White Pepper
Quebec
Shinola

I still need to give 12GCG and La Cucaracha a proper listen.

Here's the actual objective ranking of best to worst. Step aside.

The Pod>Pure Guava>Quebec>The Mollusk>GodWeenSatan>Chocolate And Cheese>White Pepper>12GCG>La Cucaracha

Anybody else actually like Mourning Glory? There's a really pretty song buried deep in there, does anybody know how to play it?
Tender Situation live and acoustic is goddamn fantastic

I agree with this one

i recently listened to the pod, i dont get why people call it the best ween album. it sounded like it was trying wayyyyy too hard to be weird
then again ive only listened to c&c and mollusk so i cant say anything

Flip Quebec and C&C then yes

>White Pepper that low

>The Pod ahead of The Mollusk

yikes

I am inclined to agree.

Ecce le cuckold.

I get where you're coming from, I was in the exact same situation and had the same opinion as you when I first listened to it.

Then I listened to it when I was sick with the flu.

It's an album for being sick by people who were sick at the time. After you listen to it when really sick, you'll get it.

It's definitely overrated and faggots on here just say its the best to be contrarian. it's just their most experimental album so thats why. It's got some good songs but it's certainly not their best. Most Ween fans know The Mollusk is the best (Hipster on here hate that its big, even though it deserves the recognition and Gene Ween himself said its the only album he considers a true masterpiece) with maybe Quebec or White pepper being up there too. The Pod is eh.

The Pod > The Mollusk > Chocolate and Cheese > Pure Guava > GodWeenSatan > Quebec > 12 Golden Country Greats > White Pepper > La Cucaracha

Start with Chocolate and Cheese, listen chronologically to La Cucaracha, then listen to their first three albums.

>most experimental
Did you mean: Most Brown?

Little Birdy is the only good song on that album.

Rare opinion coming through: Flies On My Dick is the best Ween song.

Why hasn't this gotten a vinyl rerelease

Oh cmon. Sarah? Mourning Glory? Every song on that album is inspired. The whole thing drips of early 90's memories.

my advice with ween is : BE PATIENT. It takes awhile to "get"them but once you do its very rewarding. Surprised nobody's mentioned Shinola Vol.1. It's technically a compilation but its still very well done.

youtube.com/watch?v=aKpSSl2Ouqo

Boys Club!

Why does everyone hate La Cucaracha?
Am I just a pleb for enjoying it?

fucking meme album. memer than the mollusk

Just because it's ranked last doesn't mean they hate it.

ween hate it if that counts