If Weezer wasn't a bunch of 90s nerds but 50's greasers...

If Weezer wasn't a bunch of 90s nerds but 50's greasers. If Pixies were slightly less weird but a straight up 70's punk band. The first song is eh, but everything else is fucking amazing. Same guitarist as Drive Like Jehu and Hot Snakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=PUpWu1spxpw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TmlZD7ZksaY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah its great. Its got a thick as fuck phil spector/Briwi type production too. It sounds massive.

sup fellow Rocket brah

Seriously one of my favourite bands. The 1995 trilogy of releases is fucking fantastic.

They have songs that aren't On A Rope?

Listen to the album I linked to. Every song on it is better than On A Rope. They have none of that alt-rock radio sheen.

Check out All Systems Go 2. Its just as good as the trilogy. It has singles and b-sides from just before and during that era. And it has 7 or so songs written because Interscope didn't think they had a hit single for the RFTC album, so they went in and actually wrote real songs (instead of the pure simple pop punk of the RFTC album). Interscope said those songs sucked too, so they just released RFTC as is (which did suck, btw), and shelved these, which are on par with anything from 1995.

Give it up for Rocket From The Crypt!

the REAL last R&R band, and no one gives a fuck about them.

Got a download link for it? Its pretty good desu

its on spotify too, i don't do DLs. look for hot charity/cut n play, its a comp of a 1995 vinyl only release (hot charity) and a 1999 vinyl only release (cut n play) which had the gimmick of you having to cut a sticker that was attached to the record and the sleeve in order for you to play the record, which ruined the packaging.

Oh yeah, I think I know those songs.

Is that like Raped By Ape, Tarzan, Crack Party, etc? Cause I fucking love all those songs already (Crack Party might be my favourite Rocket track).

>THE UNDENIABLE LOVE OF ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT

yeah Turkish Revenge, U.S. AIm, Heads Are Gonna Roll, Hot Heart.

Tarzan and Heads Are Gonna Roll was produced by the drummer of Drive Like Jehu.

I think, if they had released all of those songs instead of the RFTC album, I think they would've finally made a name for themselves.

Its like John Reis wanted to sabotage any chance of them making "it". There's still 15+ singles and b-sides that've only been released on 7 inches and never digitally/CD that would've strong album singles.

I don't know if there was ever a chance for a band like Rocket to really hit it big. Their brush with success was because they rubbed elbows stylistically with the brief ska and swing revivals in the mid 90s. That sound was starting to get stale in 1998 as pop punk and nu metal were really starting to take over.

At the end of the day I'm just happy they created such a wealth of material and didn't sell out too hard during the RFTC years.

>Their brush with success was because they rubbed elbows stylistically with the brief ska and swing revivals in the mid 90s.

That, to me, was why they failed. They looked like a 90s southern california ska/swing band but sounded nothing like that. I feel the horn section is what fucked up their chances. They looked to a normie like a Bosstones/No Doubt-type band, instead of a 50s RnR revival/70s punk revival band. If they had a synth instead of horns, or eschewed the horns completely, I totally think they would've made it.

The indie rock fans at the time thought they looked corny so they didn't give them a chance; and the ska/swing fans that gave them a chance came away disappointed because they werent ska/swing, but a hard rock punk band with horns. So it was always lose/lose.

You're probably right that the horn section is what fucked up their chances of success but I don't want a Rocket without the horns. That's all part of the charm. The fact they got as far as they did with the horns is kind of amazing.

And also we got Group Sounds and X-Ray after RFTC which were quite good. Maybe not their absolute best but some really good stuff on there.

It's hard for me to feel any regrets about a band with as huge and great of a catalogue as there's.

Also, greatest Boychucker performance

youtube.com/watch?v=TmlZD7ZksaY

bump for better than Weezer, never got their due, never got memed.

hey any brits like this? they made it to the top of the pops!

Tis a better album than Yank Crime that always gets shilled here.

John Reis is the best rhythm guitarist by far.

I can't believe the guitarist from dlj and hot snakes also made pop punk

>20 posts
>7 ip's
why are you samefagging so hard?