How does Sup Forums feel about Mac Demarco?

How does Sup Forums feel about Mac Demarco?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0-BQ_yTNyTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sucks

I like him a lot

Not a huge fan personally. A lot of people who try to be both normie and Sup Forums listen to him. Also he's a one trick pony who should be turned into glue

his reputation here is more divisive than his tooth gap

his personality is fun enough to enjoy his music even though hes too indie for me

Garbage

Very cool sense of songwriting

Absolute Goofball

I really like him and appreciate his presence in the industry as a personality more than i actually like his music. it's too languid/lethargic for me to listen to for very long, it saps my energy

Tumblr-core

Mac Tobacco

Like the dude lots, not like he's super original but it's great laid back music and I actually like his style

Mac sounds like if you just cranked up the flanger and imitated "Swinging Party" by the Replacements for all your albums. Not like that's a bad thing

HEY FOGMAN, MAY I GRIP A CIG?

I wish he had died instead of my friend who liked listening to him...

Pretty cool dude.
youtu.be/0-BQ_yTNyTs

American Goofball

G O O F B A L L
O
O
F
B
A
L
L

I like the twangy sound to his guitar, the fact that he is genuine and it reflects in his song writing. Seems very sincere as an artist/human, just a guy who is loving every bit of life, really refreshing. Then Sup Forums started saying he was a meme and trash/bad, so I don't like him anymore.

He's not bad.

I have a very smart, very talented friend who loves music and has gone around the world playing in different jazz bands. He says he hates Radiohead, which I can totally understand, but he says he hates them because all their shit sounds the same. And then he goes and says Mac Demarco is one of his favorites. So every time I listen to him, I can't help but think, "he thinks Radiohead all sounds the same but this doesn't?" It doesn't make sense to me. I feel like RH has more variation in a single album than Salad Days and Two.

But I don't play an instrument so maybe I just don't get it or I'm missing something, I don't know.

He's good enough to throw in the background as you chill out and have some beers. I've seen him live twice and he performs well. He jumped from a second story balcony into a crowd backwards and they caught him, it was pretty cool. You can tell he genuinely loves the life on the road.

Nope, your friend is literally a fucking idiot.

He's living the life

Smoke up ;)

2 was great and was one of my favorite albums for a while. Salad Days brought all the shitters into his fanbase and has gotten to the point where I'd be ashamed to say I'm a fan of his publicly. Too many people with no aspirations or individuality become fans of his and copy his whole style/shtick and it's fucking embarrassing

I miss being able to shoot the shit with him before/after shows. 2 era w/ pierce and pete was the shit

corporate plant to make cigarettes cool again

Cigarettes have been cool again though he might be helping

I like him, I went to one of his shows and sure it's full of teenage girls but he can't help the fact that they want to get GAPPED

I love his stuff, I was introduced with Salad Days and couldn't see why ppl regarded 2 as better. As time has gone on and I've listened to 2, Salad Days and Another One a bunch of times I've realized that 2 really is his best album lol. My Old Man is a great single and I'm excited for his new album.

music for redditors

What's with all the Demarco threads? 2 was good. Also he wouldn't be half as popular if it wasn't for his charisma.

>AnCo fan detected