No such thing as too late

Ryo Fukui began teaching himself piano at 22 and released this at 26.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3dp7zRQY

It's never too late. Get out there and do what you've always dreamed of. Have fun.

thank you

He managed to become a Youtube sensation in just 4 years? Impressive!

my god, i was skeptical if i could even get good enough starting at 20 for it to be worth it to put lots of practice time into
i guess it's just a matter of passion

he died yesterday
fuck

edit:a year ago

Why is this particular album so liked on here? I mean it's good i'm just curious.

it's japanese and semi-obscure

it kinda inflates some peoples feeling towards it.

but in all honesty its just a solid album.

Ah, i see. I agree it's a very nice album

well that might explain why its shit lol

it also has a distinctive cover with bold jappo characters, everyone loves that shit

it's objectively not shit.
like you can't even troll and say it's shit, it's just no one would genuinely think that

That's not really very surprising. He sounds like he's only played jazz for a few years.

he might not have been an overly advanced jazz musician at that point, but maybe that simplicity adds to the accessibility of the album. A lot of trad. jazz requires at least a semi- experienced ear to enjoy, but on this album Fukui often sticks with straightforward chords and simple-ish blues licks and scales that sound good to anyone. Early summer is a great original tune, but it really just cycles between two chords for the most part.

i've introduced this album to a couple of my exclusively-hip-hop-listening friends and they say they like it more than any other jazz album they've heard.

it's upbeat and well recorded

He was actually around 28 when he released that.

It has an irresistibly comfy and warm atmosphere, like a fireplace in the winter.

I always wondered why he dropped this album then one other and then never did another again. I know he performed in his home city but still.

There's was In New York and A letter from slow boat but those were 30 and 40 years after Scenery

i had no idea what the fuck

>it also has a distinctive cover with bold jappo characters, everyone loves that shit

lmao so true

this is the main reason. it's a pretty straightforward jazz trio album, but it's cover gives it the impression that it is more.