Yeah I'm SUPER into film. My favorite movies? Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, Sunrise, 8 1/2, L'avventura...

>Yeah I'm SUPER into film. My favorite movies? Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, Sunrise, 8 1/2, L'avventura, the list goes on... I'm what you would call a patrician.

That's entry level pretentious, but reality is most young people are not going to have even heard about half those movies

Considering myself a patrician, my favorite films are extremely entry level and 2 of them are directed by the most entry level director there is (2001-EWS)
Although i see where youre coming from, liking entry level or even pleb films isnt necessarily bad

You dont have to watch Snow's Wavelength and pretend to love it to be called a patrician, if you dont like avant garde for instance

>le chavalier du noir

>le retour du chevalier noir

>Considering myself a patrician
>and 2 of them are directed by the most entry level director there is (2001-EWS)
You should stop considering yourself a patrician

What do you even consider a patrician to be /reddit/?
I can absolutely enjoy a great and obscure for the common pleb movie, but I can also find a lot of them that while i may appreciate for their contribution to cinema, I simply disliked.

>What do you even consider a patrician to be /reddit/
Not you

a true patrician wouldn't post on this site.

dumb frogposter

Everyone who thinks of himself as a genius for consuming a certain kind of media is really just someone with a big ego who hasn't accomplished anything in his life.
You're not a patrician. You're a consumer. You're the pigs in a numbers game and thinking of yourself highly only makes the pedos in Hollywood laugh without control.

Hmm...

Doesnt surprise me.
Completely valid opinion, i cant really argue with that. I'll remember to join the Elite Movie Club on my literally backwater town later this evening and spend my salary on tea

>Hollywood
>Patrician

I feel something went wrong here

>Doesnt surprise me.
but post the rest of your top 5 to make sure my assessment is right

This. Developing taste is important, there's even appropriate situations for calling out dilettante's, but this can quickly spiral into unchecked self-aggrandizement to fill a personal character vacuum.

So "kino" is just code for "shit"?

I knew it

Top 5 are
Le Samurai
Manoel's Destinies
Aguirre
Blade runner

In that order. Bash at will.

oh my god lmfao ok i was right

Splendid, see you around