Stop being nice to grimes

stop being nice to grimes

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why

y-yes, okay varg, j-just please don't kill anyone, o-okay?

>lots of fonts in the world
>Varg chooses Papyrus

What did he mean by this?

papyrus is most kvlt font

this one time i made a song about rape to get famous

Hey all, I used to visit this board frequently but haven't (with probably a few brief exceptions) in the last couple of years. I'm asking with genuine curiosity: why is Grimes still a meme here?

>why is Grimes still a meme here?
Because she's genuinely more than just a meme.

Probably shills

I'm no but like... how else could it be.

Perhaps waifufaggotry has perpetuated her meme status, I dunno man.

Meaning what? She's talented? As or more talented than the countless artists who don't get talked about?

No, that doesn't seem a sufficient answer.

>using the word "meme" seriously

you don't deserve an answer

theres like 3 people who literally can't stop posting about her it's kinda shameful

>Meaning what? She's talented? As or more talented than the countless artists who don't get talked about?
user, sometimes the answers to life's persistent questions are staring you in the face.

Did you forget to include yourself in that head count again?

how much do you get paid to shill for grimes?

fuck off

By the fluid ounce - of troll tears, that is. Few things make me happier than causing sad pathetic types such as yourself to whine and cry like the infants that you are.

"Meme" is a perfectly cromulent word, you antisocial, unduly supercilious twat.

see

you're the only one who sounds upset here.

To the contrary - I just happen to have a sense of humor. Something I'm guessing you lack.

Because I'm asking a question? I don't even dislike Grimes, I'm just confused that every other thread is about her. I wish Sup Forums talked about more than just a handful of artists. It doesn't seem like posters are as well-versed in music as they used to be. Just regurgitations of stuff I can already read from music critics.

I sweat to god it's memers and shitposters doing this

>I wish Sup Forums talked about more than just a handful of artists.
It's not only grimes related problem, it's the problem of the whole board. There are lots people on here who don't want to listen to and talk about anything except Sup Forumscore.

People talk about what they like to talk about. And for any finite group of people (such as those who post regularly on /mu) that means that the same set of discussion topics are going to pop up - unless the actual group of people posting changes drastically over a short period of time. Which typically doesn't happen on a place like this (remember - just because nearly every thread is populated by untold numbers of anonymous posters doesn't mean that it isn't just the same group of 200-400 people split up into different subsets.) I guarantee that there aren't nearly as many unique posters on this board than you would think from looking at it.

Because of this:

Grimes profile
>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Music style: synthpop mixed with dreampop, IDM, R&B, J-Pop, medieval, classical

>Instruments:
- vocals
- synthesizer
- sampler
- guitar
- bass
- drums
- violin
- ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director, editor & colorist
- dancer
- model

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature at McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

Do you know another artist with such resume?

cut yourself if you need attention so fucking badly

>3 people
>implying 3 people are able to troll a whole board
LMAO!

this stop doing X shit is so retarded compared to all the smart things he has to say on youtube

its like you guys take a diamond and turn it into useless coal

>model

ok sure hen