Prove to me classical music is not overrated and absolute garbage

Why do people enjoy Classical "classical" music?
When it comes to eras like the Baroque, I think it's wonderful hearing music evolve and being a reflection of ornateness and even God. Classical era of Classical music is absolutely boring. Absolute lack of timbre, less instrumentation than any other classical period, and everything is almost safe and too sterile. It's quantized and just, HAPPY. SAD. Romantic Era music is much better for it introduced the modern piano with pedals in which plucking the note could be sustained. This was true evolution allowing swelling and eruptions of sound to form, paving the path for artists to become more atonal and later on brrak the rules by disregarding music theory and follow their own confines and experiments. Stravinsky comes to mind.
Classical era music, especially Mozart, is just so calculated and in the lines.
Even modern artists can have that problem. Like especially for kids who worship rock musicians like Van Halen or Buckethead. Yes, they can run a pentatonic scale faster than a paper shredder, but is there any emotion?
Art is human expression bottom line.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XMuzOeasxEM
youtube.com/watch?v=dnjeIDeYCXk
youtube.com/watch?v=r9LCwI5iErE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>likes baroque, i.e harpischord party central
>doesn't like classical because of limited instrumentation and lack of timbre diversity

what

Quality post, I agree Vivaldi is a ton of fun, I even like Bach, but Mozart is boring as all hell

I don't "like" baroque. I like the way its connected to religion and being the reflection of the baroque structures of its time

I agree, Mozart really is boring and safe, kind of like having sex with my wife.
That's why we often spice it up and bring different men to our bedroom so she can have all the fun she needs, and let me tell you, romantic music gets the juices flowing way faster than some old classical hack.

because its music you fucking faggot i dont have to have a complicated reason to like it other than it sounding harmonious and pleasant to my ears you stupid pretentious baiting retard

see (white and based)

Most people who listeen to classical music are snobs so i'm giving a equally pretentious and long reason as to why i hate it you fagottini

>This was true evolution allowing swelling and eruptions of sound to form, paving the path for artists to become more atonal and later on brrak the rules by disregarding music theory and follow their own confines and experiments. Stravinsky comes to mind

Stravinsky followed the rules very much so to make his music you fucking retard

If these two, as of 2017, unsurpassed concertos do not sway your opinion, nothing will, in which case I advise suicide.

Beethoven's 5th --
youtube.com/watch?v=XMuzOeasxEM
Mozart's 27th --
youtube.com/watch?v=dnjeIDeYCXk

i thought classical was overated and boring. I found Russian composers and Debussy. You use a lot of words to describe music bruh bruh

>I found Russian composers and Debussy
literal elevatorcore

>paving the path for artists to become more atonal
>paving the path
Can you read?

>literally shit that's been remastered
kill yourself

beethoven is a romantic composer, doofus

>beethoven is a romantic composer
Did your mum drop you on the head as child, perchance?

no, asshole, I'm just not a retard and know he is the bridge between classical and romantic, leaning more towards the romantic

le low quality bait.

>implying Buckethead has no emotion

end yourself you fucking faggot

t. Cuckethead fanboy

Classical era music is about a perfection of form and counterpoint to its absolute ideal situations. Mozart made quite literally perfect music, where even more unexpected or avantgarde formal twists are made smoothly with clear, rational transitions. Attribute this to Enlightenment thinking of the time.

Romantic era took everything perfected in the Classical era and threw it away for "emoshun" (AKA sloppy fortissimos and accelerandos).

You could almost say romantic music was ... nu-malecore of the previous generations.

Beside the "sloppy fortissimos and accerelandos" the harmonic structures are way more complex and interesting in the romantic period, the way tonality is modulated in the romantic period is what makes me prefer it over classical.

Ars Nova is better than both anyway

Most of the harmonic innovations didn't happen until Wagner, halfway into the damn era.
I'm not saying Chopin and Schumann are bad but I find it hard to really appreciate their works when ultimately they were mostly fucking around for "emotional effect" rather than a focused approach like Wagner or Mahler.

Machaut is great but honestly I still prefer any Renaissance composer. Even English partsongs.

But beyond Machaut, we have Ars Subtilior, and that's some tru outta control shit.

You're an idiot, that's what you are.

buuh buuh someone disagrees with me and I get mad :(

Disagreement is irrelevant. You're factually wrong. Beethoven is a classical era composer due and through. A master of form. Juts because he was lionised by the romantics doesn't make him one of them.

Beethoven is definitely at least partially a Romantic composer. It's not incorrect to call him Romantic.

Are you really this stupid? Maybe you're just deaf

Why, because he was contemporaneous with some romantic composers in the last years of his life? Dumb criterium. Because he wrote a few quasi-programmatic pieces? So did Haydn.

i almost feel bad for OP lol
i guess this is why 'music appreciation' classes exist

>i guess this is why 'music appreciation' classes exist
same reason why most communist dictatorships put mandatory marxism theory classes in school, gotta brainwash them kids before they can start thinking for themselves

WATCH THIS TED TALK

youtube.com/watch?v=r9LCwI5iErE

yeah u sound pretty clueless lmao