Is it true that the French are eternally butthurt that French did not become the de facto world language...

Is it true that the French are eternally butthurt that French did not become the de facto world language, and will refuse to talk to any tourists unless they try to speak French?

Oui. Je refuse toujours de parler la langue infâme des perfides Anglo-Saxons.

To be honest, it would be kinda good if Napoleon won. Then we would have an unified Europe 200 years earlier
Of course, on the negative is that would be all speaking French now

Such a gracious language.

Mais c'est pas une probleme parce que je parle francais ;)
Tue les anglais! Supprime l'anglicisme du francais!

>tojours

Don't you have a word like semper?

>Is it true that the French are eternally butthurt that French did not become the de facto world language

- Not really, except on Sup Forums

>will refuse to talk to any tourists unless they try to speak French

- If you're in a rich district in Paris, it can happen. Otherwise, no.
It's a good idea to learn 2 or 3 words tho :
Hello/bye, please, thanks, sorry.
Like in another countries, I guess !

Negative? English fucking sucks and French is one of the greatest living languages

Ne pleure pas car c'est fini, souris car c'est arrivé.

English is way easier to learn than French, this makes English a better and more effecient language

Les Magyars sont les meilleurs.

>unified Europe
>good

Shut up, Italy

Jokes on you I'm actually part Italian

>Is it true that the French are eternally butthurt
Yes, the reasons don't matter.

Most German reason for liking a language lol

We have our dumb nationalists who believe France is the USA and that French could have been the world language.

Toki pona is way easier to learn than English, this makes Toki Pona a better and more efficient language.

You need far less time to learn English than French, meaning less teachers required and less money needed.
Thats a huge benefit. And what are the advantages of French??

>he wants to be weak and divived
I am sure czechs benefited greatly from beeing Soviet vassal state

Both French and English are terrible languages with retarded and inconsistent pronunciation rules.

Lingua Franca should be a logical language like Spanish, Japanese or even German.

Merci. Que Dieu bénisse l'Irlande et les irlandais, nos alliés de toujours.

Economy of language/expression, beauty, pleasing to the ear, not difficult to learn

But it was the world language until fairly recently.

No. Toujours = tout jours = anyday if you prefer.

I think people can learn "beautiful" languages in their own free time.
But since 7bn people have to be able to learn it, the lingua franca should be a language that is easy to learn and that is relativly short when written down, saving bookpages or digital memory.
English is both, so it is pretty much an ideal universal language

I can't say for someone who's first language isn't either, but my experience of French was that it was not difficult to learn, I know English is considered easier by most

Le typique message australien du jour, ça manquait presque

As somebody who had to learn both languages, English is easier by an order of magnituted

>relativly short when written down, saving bookpages or digital memory.
arabic then beats the fuck out of english

And thats why we are trying to make arabic an official language in EU

English is already the world language.
It's not an ideal universal language though, since It's easy to learn for you, a west-european;
But not for a chinese people, for example.

Toki Pona is still the best language imo.

>Is it true that the French are eternally butthurt that French did not become the de facto world language
Yes

>and will refuse to talk to any tourists unless they try to speak French?
Yes, but not because of what you said earlier. French people are legitimately fucking awful in English.

>hating on latin based spelling

If you had latin heritage you would understand.

wee, wee. Tray byen.

I heard the disadvantage if Toki Pona is that there are too few vocabularies, so the expressions become really long and have several meanings

Yes, there is only 120 words. It's not a real language of course, but It's interesting to try it (for fun mostly).

German efficiency strikes again.

Considering that most of France is people from MENA, they genuinely can't speak anything else than their shitty dialects of French.

>spelling
Yes
Now if only tried to pronounce the entire word instead of just the first half you'd be 100% Latin too

>am actually right
>joke's on you

>he wants to be weak and divived

I want to be allied with countries that have something in common with us, like V4 for example. EU is a mistake. It tries to unite countries that are far too big and their institutions too well established to be united, not to mention their mentalities. What have for example Spain and Finalnd in common? Almost nothing, yet they are both in the EU and the same rules apply to both despite having vastly different needs. Europe has always been about different blocs vying for power. Uniting it whole is unnatural.

so you want a V4 block, locked between Russia and a powerful EU block?
Have you learned nothing from history?

pour la peine, on va essayer de ne pas démolir le cerveau de Sexton une fois de plus

Toki Pona isn't the lingua franca of the world nor a first language to 500 million.

>powerful EU block
>Italy, France, Germany, UK and others

The only thing keeping you together all those years were Americans from the inside and Soviets from the outside. the dissolution is only a matter of time.

If EU ever dissolves, you are gonna become Russian vassal pretty sure. I hope you liked the Soviet Era, cause you gonna experience it again

>EU

The only thing protecting us from the Russians is NATO, not Gayropean Union. Besides, Russia is not unbeatable but you have to have military up to snuff and nukes.

It's disgusting how EU officials patted themselves on the back with that Nobel peace prize even though the only thing keeping Western Europe in peace was the threat of Soviets and American troops on the ground.

toi, je t'aime bien.

If you attempt to speak French, I found most people were very helpful. There were also many people who spoke fluent English when I didn't know how to say something in French.

After russian.

"sempiternel" means "neverending"