Good music only thread

youtube.com/watch?v=rpjG6_QxG6w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KSSa0-oAnIo
youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9aUOBLCTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"This is seriously still better than the original song."

I swear people who blindly like these old timey swing covers are fucking autistic accountants that don't understand intent or meaning behind songs

example:
youtube.com/watch?v=KSSa0-oAnIo

and this is coming from someone who's actually seen post modern jukebox live

singing talent and big band does not automatically = good

WÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆ

try getting some class, kid

Is this video what negros calls "whitewashing"

tips fedora

this is unironically cultural appropriation

deal with it, if you like the original this is just the same thing but rearranged into a much more sophisticated form

kind of like how wu-tang unironically culturally appropriated buddhist and chinese culture right ?

2/10 attempt at trolling

that's your retort? you're the one dismissing swing music on the basis of "autism", don't make me laugh you fucking brainlet

He's dismissing swing covers on the basis that they don't actually understand the context of the original song you moron.

Both examples provided are trash clickbait designed to appeal to people that start discussions about music with "remember when music was actually good".

pray tell, what is the "context" of the original song that is so integral to its value that is literally can't be changed without completely invalidating the music?

do you even hear how stupid that sounds?

Please, do explain how jazz scatting adds value or weight to the interpretation of nothing else matters.

everyone can see you just completely avoided that question because your argument's foundation is built on airy pretentious bullshit

face it, you're a fucking loser and you have no idea what you're talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9aUOBLCTk

is that fucking double4anime?

You responded with a question but it's no longer a valid form of argument right ? Oops ...

My argument is that these songs are garbage because they don't convey the context of the original songs and instead focus on the aesthetics of jazz and american idol style vocal embellishments.

You haven't made one yet.

as much as this song sucks, you need to fuck off you little underage niggerfaggot

haha oh gods you really think you're smart don't you

I'm quite done with you kiddo, enjoy your pathetic metal ballads and the purity of that oh-so-important context you can't quite seem to put your finger on

I couldn't give a shit about the examples provided.

You're still yet to make an argument, aside from now just giving up on the basis that apparently nothing can be criticized, but also trying to dismiss the original song as a final fleeting swing and miss.

honestly i don't think the fact that it's different is what bothers him, it's the stupid embellishments and vocal wank, combined with the arrogance of the whole "this cover is so much better than the original" type comments.

Give it up dude. I don't even disagree with you really, but you're making yourself look like an idiot.

(you)
(you)
>I'm quite done with you kiddo

Sorry which is it ?
You don't want to make an argument. You're done with the conversation, but you're also not ?

uhh...ok.

Not the same guy. You are just sperging out a little here and I'm encouraging you to stop. You wont get anything out of arguing with a troll except a migraine. Don't be an idiot.