OK, Sup Forums. Got home from work and stepped out of my car, and right there in the street was this smashed iphone...

OK, Sup Forums. Got home from work and stepped out of my car, and right there in the street was this smashed iphone. I'm not very tech-savvy, but it obviously looks pretty fucked. Can I open it and get the memory card out of it or anything? What should I try first?

Obviously if there's any wins on it or anything, you Sup Forumsros will be the first to know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v5WDDZqhn2s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

back

Try download itunes and plug it in, if it works you could see if theres a passcode on it ,if not you can make a backup from it and extract the pictures&data from the backup

They don't do sim cards like they used to, kid. Plug it in and see if it'll turn on. Smashed outside doesn't mean smashed inside.

But if the internal board is fucked, it's basically worthless.

Bring it into an electronics store and have them recycle it for you. That is beat to shit and worth nothing.

the mb doesn't fucking amtter if it's smashed. he could get the hd out and put it in another iphone then plug it in and get all the good shit that way

the "hd" on a iPhone is a soldered on chip, you cant "just move it"
This is possible but its pretty complicated
youtube.com/watch?v=v5WDDZqhn2s

Idiot. An iPhone isn't a computer.

OP here. I found something thin enough to stick in that tiny hole and open the card slot, but there was no card in it. Going to try to dig up my lightning cable so i can plug it in.

Sorry, i'm not a faggot who uses apple products so i wouldn't know.

+1

so shut the fuck up, maybe youll learn something

1+

No, u.

+1

nigger

HA!

holy shit Sup Forums counted to 6

OP here. I think it's a no-go, guys. No response when I plug it in. And the button on the phone depressed the first time I tapped it, but now it doesn't. Might be broken or have glass/dirt jammed in it.

leave it plugged for a while, maybe its gonna come on later

wait if he put the chip on a working logic board could he see the data thats on it? or is it paired?

Yea but you probably need the same kind of logic board, in this case its a iPhone 5C

if you can salvage data and photos, if it has nudes post them here

Wait a second. OP here. I thought that little slot on the side of the phone that you have to open with a pin was for a micro SD card. But as I'm researching, it seems that it's for the SIM card. There was nothing in it, so is this phone most likely abandoned? Forgive my tech-retardation.

Looks like it was ran over accidentally op I would just give it to police hq and not deal with the headache of explaining why you took the phone

I want to, friend. I just don't think I can. It's pretty smashed, and I'm stupid.

Also, I was able to pry the screen up. The battery looks pretty fucked. Possibly leaking.

Yea this is the Sim slot, but that doesnt mean the phone is abandoned. Maybe someone was using the iPhone like a iPod Touch. Also if there is no sim card you dont have to worry about being caught as the find my iphone tracking software only works when the phone is connected to wifi or mobile service.

thanks user

if it was me i would just throw it in a bush or some shit

You probably could get every broken part on the phone replaced for 40 Bucks pretty easily

but why

Now that I see the battery, I'm scared it's gonna explode or something.

if i was going to give it to the police i would feel uncomfortable not knowing whats on it, what if it had illegal shit on it that i didnt know about and they claim it was mine and arrest me for it

I lost the same phone like 5 days ago where do you live?

Nice try. where do YOU live?

>inb4 it's a bomb

Fuck sake, what country?

This

USA. Ohio.

Oh no then you're miles away. Best just to throw it away its worthless.

nah i read that its encrypted thanks though

I have replaced several screens on smashed phones before (favours for friends and family). I've never done an iPhone but if it's like most androids, you will be able to buy the screen and chasis (together) for about $75 on ebay, and very easily replace the physical majority of the phone. If it's locked you might be able to factory reset it, but I can't say for sure because I don't know anything about apple devices. The process is usually very easy and there are always instructions on youtube

as a tech at a repair company i can confirm this. buy whats called a "iphone 5c lcd assembly" and its pretty easy to install. as long as the mother board powers on your probably good. your home button might work but your front cam and proxy are knackerd. also your siri mic is fucked.

what if you compressed it vertically?