Post five rappers on par with him

Post five rappers on par with him.

Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

protip: you cant*

Anybody, Kendrick is supremely overrated and that's not even an edgy thing to say. "The ghetto.. is.. a beautiful rose..." shut the fuck up dude

drake > kendrick

Name a better rap album in the last 5 or so years than TPAB or GKMC

Tedy Andreas x5

Big Boi
Big Boi
Big Boi
Big Boi
Big Boi

New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala

Kendrick is basically a backpacker. If he was white and brought back that g-funk sound he would be considered a joke. Lil Yachty, young thug, Future, Desiigner, and DRAM are all doing something new and fresh unlike this melanin gifted lyrical miracle you posted.

Blurryface
JEFFERY

pianta

Yeezus

this

lil b
viper
lil wayne
one of old dirty bastards kids
earl sweatshop

niceme.me

I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside

"Better" is too subjective for music, I only listen to underground rap so it doesn't matter anyways

there's literally nothing wrong with being a backpacker
obviously you can be a joke and still good, see: anyone you listed

>Lil Yachty, young thug, Future, Desiigner, and DRAM are all doing something new and fresh

lol.

bait

2/10 made me reply

is the idea that kendrick brought back funk actually real? like its something people genuinely believe and talk about with eachother?

Blackstar

hes right though

kendrick is doing some gay ass revival "hood poetry" bullshit. while the artists user listed are jokes, their music actually does bring something new. but of course it doesnt even matter; rap is a joke and anybody who takes it seriously should not be taken seriously

Earl and Vince honestly

Danny Brown and Chance the Rapper have their moments

I guess Joey Badass? STEEZ is the better rapper though.

Oh and then DOOM and Andre still drop verses that are goat.

Run The Jewels and Aesop Rock deserve props.

That's it. He's up there with Biggie, Nas, KRS-One and Redman.

>Putting an ounce of thought into your lyrics is 'bullshit' while just rehashing song after song is 'new'.
You're so obviously talking out your ass and/or looking for easy (You)s. Nobody listens to Young Thug and thinks "wow this is so new, unlike that fucking Kendrick guy"

i bet you think FJM is deep too

>DOOM
>Em
>Jay
>Nas
>Andre
>Biggie

Reggie
Jay-Z
Tupac
Biggie
Andre from OutKast
Jada
Kurupt
Nas
Eminem

government plates

It's not about being deep. I never once said Kendrick's lyrics are deep. Even if you take them at face value it's still more unique than anything il Yachty, young thug, Future, Desiigner, and DRAM are rapping about. Keep raising the goalposts.

Rakim
GZA
Nas
MF DOOM
Kool Keith

I agree with all of this honestly. I'd put Danny up there with Earl and Vince tho because I'm a huge stan

MBDTF
TPTB
T&Y

Eminem also thinks that Kendrick is amazing though. Plus that list is from 2002.

Digusting. Ride's best 'rapping' is on NLDW or TMS. Yeezus is better than MBDTF (which is 7 years old) and both are garbage raps, but great songs.

No complaint Tetsuo & Youth except it's the very best Lupe can do and his contemporaries do better.

whether or not you think it's deep is besides the point. Kendrick is clearly trying to come off as profound and "woke"

His message is not unique. I am not sure what you consider new about his music, I really don't.

The other rappers mentioned may all sound the same, but that style was definitely NOT as prevalent years ago as it is now.

LL Cool J, KRS-One, Rakim, Chuck D, Slick Rick, Ice Cube, Kool Keith, Kool G Rap, Scarface, Snoop Dogg, Gza, Rza, ODB, Meth, Raekwon, Ghostface, Del the funky homosapien, Pharoahe Monch, Nas, Prodigy, Jay Z, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Andre 3000, Big Boi, Treach, Juvenile, MF Doom, Eminem, Aesop Rock, 50 cent, Kanye West, The Game, Common, Papoose, Joey Badass, Earl Sweatshirt, E.S.G, Lil Keke, E-40, B real, DJ Quik, R.A. The rugged man,

The list goes on but I should probably keep it short.

>the game
yeah no

spoken like a true cuck

I bet you're proud of yourself; being able to recite the names if your favorite rappers like that

A handful (

Atrocity Exhibition

Underrated

/thread

Future
Young Thug
Migos

Checkmate.
And I'd say they're past Kendrick's level already since Kendrick always raps in his annoying nasal voice. Nothing special.

just because they were important in their time for the genre does not make them better
the only ones up on (or above) his level are:
>KRS One
>Rakim
>Ice Cube
>Scarface
>Ghostface
>Nas (If we only ook pre-1997)
>Andre
>Eminem

Thats about it

RTJ

Memerap isn't a new thing. People have been making Ironic rap albums for a long time.

>Lil Yachty, young thug, Future, Desiigner, and DRAM are all doing something new and fresh

>trap
>new and fresh

>dram
>trap

Ok Dram didn't belong there I'll admit but for the rest: point still stands.

I mean but they do. Rap like Kendrick existed 20 years ago, same can't be said for Thug.