TRIVIA THREAD

>Will Smith turned down the role of Neo in THE MATRIX in favor of WILD WILD WEST, which he thought had better chances of being a hit.

>He also turned down the lead role in DJANGO UNCHAINED because he insisted it should be Django to kill Leonardo DiCaprio's character Calvin Candie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

JUST

>He also turned down the lead role in DJANGO UNCHAINED because he insisted it should be Django to kill Leonardo DiCaprio's character Calvin Candie.
he didnt kill him? then who did

>Will Smith was offered the role of Neo.

Why am i not surprised that those mentally ill freaks would think that's a good idea?

>NAW HOL UP
what did neo mean by this

thank god, at least neo watched anime to get into the acting mood of neo

Christoph Waltz did

I actually agree with Will Smith honestly....

What's wrong with Will Smith?

Apparently $cientology helps one make good decisions.

wiki wiki wiki wow wow west

>What's wrong with Will Smith?
One looks at his family and you'll see.
But I can't see how Neo speaking in ebonics and having 'le cool black man one liners' would work.
Plus imagine how bad the rap song he does for the movie would have been.

DUDE TRANSPHOBIA LMAO

clever

I'm glad Keanu got the Matrix. He would never have become A list if he hadn't, Will Smith had all the opportunity and star power in the world and squandered it.

Keanu was pretty awful in the role.

So tarantino didnt want any tropes, fucking retard will smith

>Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in THE LORD OF THE RINGS because he "didn't understand the story", and came to regret his decision as the movie was very profitable.

>Connery later turned down the role of the Architect in THE MATRIX SAGA because he once again "didn't understand the story", and once again regretted it because the movie was profitable.

>When he was offered THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, he also didn't understand the story, but decided to be in the movie anyway because it was expected to be profitable. He ended up clashing with director Stephen Norrington every day, and the movie ended up being a box office flop. It was also both Connery's and Norrington's last big movies.

>TRANSPHOBIA
lmao

>Will Smith had all the opportunity and star power in the world and squandered it.

He makes more money producing and changed career paths to be considered more serious. ie: Ali - Seven Pounds - Happyness - Concussion

Going after the oscar.

>Molly Ringwald and Jon Cryer didn't get along on the set of PRETTY IN PINK, as Ringwald lobbied for months for Robert Downey Jr. to be cast as Duckie, unsuccessfully. Cryer was the studio's last pick for the project, after Michael J. Fox, who was originally cast after RDJ declined the role, dropped out to replace Eric Stoltz on BACK TO THE FUTURE. Cryer also didn't get along with Andrew McCarthy, who was notoriously withdrawl and fearful of being pigeonhoeld as a "teen star".

>The original ending in which Ringwald's character Andie chooses Duckie over McCarthy's character Blane was badly received by test audiences and reshot so Andie and Blane ended up together, while Duckie is paired with a side character played by Kristy Swanson. Ringwald described as Cryer as "overeager" and "needy" on set, while Cryer notes how Ringwald and McCarthy refused to acknowledge him on set. Ringwald also made several interviews in which she affirmed the original ending was scrapped due to her lack of chemistry with Cryer and that Duckie should've been revealed to have been gay all along.

>Producer John Hughes was so upset by the new studio-mandate ending that he released SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL, essentially a gender-flipped version of PRETTY IN PINK starring Eric Stoltz, in the following year so he could do the original ending.

>In 1991 during the filming for 'Point Break' Keanu Reeves (whose role involved playing rookie FBI agent 'Johnny Utah') was surfing with co-stars when a small child was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his co-stars rushed to help, Reeves held out an arm in front of them, stopping them and was reported saying by Lori Petty (who played the character Tyler Endicott in the film) "The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". The crew, dumbfounded, proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.

Damn, he got JUSTed real hard

>Robin Williams frequently called up by Steven Spielberg when he was filming Schindler's List (1993). He would put him on speaker phone so he could tell jokes to the cast and crew to cheer them up. He used his character in Aladdin (1992) most of the time.

The man was nothing but a gift to the world

>In October 2001, Keanu Reeves met with the families of 9/11 victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made airplane noises and mimicked two planes crashing. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and whispered into her ear "Your dad's dead, bitch", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attack on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to extreme trauma. When asked later about the incident, Reeves became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter.

Based Will

>Tfw will smith could have been tapping this white honey

Bloody fucking shame tbqh. Least he's getting more roles where his love interests are white women these days.

How did he not understand the story? He was in fucking Highlander 2. Like that made ANY sense.

Wild Wild West had the better girl, though.

>When filming in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), Mcgregor kept imitating the noise of the lightsaber during his fights. George Lucas explained many times that this would be added in by the special effects people later on. Ewan said "I keep getting carried away."

>While shooting the space flight scenes for the start of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, McGregor continually held his breath in the cockpit of his Jedi Starfighter. Lucas explained many times thhat they were not really in space, but McGregor was concerned that the spacecraft was not airtight. "I can see little gaps all around the canopy," he is reported as saying. "Anakin and I could die up there."

>After filming the climactic duel scene for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, McGregor was apparently inconsolable regarding the fate of co-star Hayden Christensen. George Lucas explained many times that the latter's injuries were actually extremely sophisticated make-up, but McGregor was convinced he had seriously hurt him. "Anakin was such a promising young actor," he later sobbed to a reporter, "and I burned his face ... I burned it to a crisp!"

>Upon completion of filming for Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, McGregor was left out of pocket when the other performers collected handsome paychecks. George Lucas explained many times that young Anakin Skywalker would win the podrace, but McGregor wagered his entire fee for the film on the character Sebulba. "That little flying Jew told me that Sebulba always wins," he later explained to Esquire magazine. "Anakin only looked about 10 - how the fuck did he beat him?"

>Following the climatic duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jim against Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, McGregor spiraled into a deep state of mourning over the death of his co-star Liam Neeson. George Lucas explained many times that Neeson was in fact alive and his demisse was entirely fictional, but McGregor was unconvinced, spending many days locked in his trailer. When Lucas called for Neeson to visit him in order to prove he was alive, McGregor chased after him with a prop lightsaber. Onlookers claimed McGregor claimed he needed to exorcise the Sith ghosts that were surely possessing Neeson's corpse.

>After watching the premier of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, actor Ewan McGregor assaulted fellow co-star Hayden Christensen, screaming "HOW COULD YOU DO IT, ANAKIN, THEY WERE CHILDREN!" Later on he repeatedly made phone calls to the Los Angeles police department offering information in the unlawful execution of one Count Dooku (a character portrayed in the series by veteran actor Christopher Lee) in exchange for an investigation of actor Ian McDiarmand, whom he volunteered to apprehend himself saying "He's a Sith Lord! It's right there on film, George caught him! Chancellor Palpatine is evil!" McGregor, who portrays the character Obi-Wan Kenobi was arrested outside McDiarmand's London estate two weeks later after breaking and entering the main house and bludgeoning the elderly stage actor with a toy lightsaber. He was charged with unlawful conduct and sentenced to three weeks on house arrest. When reached for comment, Ewan apologized and said simply "I keep getting carried away."

>On the set of Constantine, Reeves was brought in front of a mock tribunal, forcing him to apologise for a prank played on a fellow cast member Rachel Weisz. Reportedly, Reeves entered Weisz's trailer during a shoot with 4 freshly picked carrots he bought from a near-by farmer's market, and hid the veg in various locations in the dressing room, leaving a sign on the door claiming "There are 5 carrots hidden in this room". Weisz, who was know to suffer both from OCD and Lachanophobia (an irrational fear of vegetables), was rushed to hospital when she collapsed outside her trailer just before an expensive action scene where she was supposed to be rigged to fall through a 40 ft pane of glass and into a swimming pool.

>MIB3
>After Earth
>Focus
>Suicide Squad
>MiB type movie with Ayer written by Hack Landis

yess she's all milfy now

TOP FUCKING KEK

Now John Cryer is rich and has an emmy, and Molly Ringwald is a faux-singer/faux-writer in France. Karma.

John Cryer really deal steal the show throughout that entire movie.

kys

*really did

MOAR

what the fuck

>Seven Pounds
>27% on RT

lmao

he must have felt so burdened all of the time.

Anyone else hate this old meme where people post fake trivia and interesting threads go to shit?

This fake green text shit was funny maybe 3 years ago, it isn't anymore. Yeah I'm mad.

>Anakin and I

Will Smith Matrix would have been litrrally a different movie

Keanu portrayed the listless corporate drone perfectly. Will just could not, the script would need to change.

That said, would I trade the great 1st Matrix for a chance at potentially 3 good Will Smith Matrixs?

Hmmmm

>we almost had Sean Connery as Morpheus and Will Smith as Neo
Would've been a completely different film.

>matrix 2 and 3 were bad meme
kill yourself imbecile

where do you find these? I remember someone posted some celeb photo site that updates daily but I can't remember the name. Like high res photos straight from cameras not some reposted raddit shit

titties

>mfw she looks like Trinity again in Jessica Jones, but with big fat milfy thighs and titties

Thank you

Objectively best Carrie Anne was Disturbia Carrie Anne. It was shot after she just gave birth to her 2nd kid, so she was a true milf by then.

It wouldn't have been nearly as good. Keanu wasn't the best, but he played the part perfectly.

Nothing you could have done to improve 2 and 3. The plotline was half assed.

>tfw no mommy gf Carrie Anne to cuddle with and suck on her tits.

>tfw Carrie Ann gave me my short hair/goth fetish with her role as Trinity without even knowing it.

She gave a whole generation of young boys their first boner and she doesn't even know that they base their tastes strictly on her look a dozen years later.

youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA

But would it have been good? That's the question.

Yeah, Django as the emotional protege with his wife's freedom on the line snapping and killing her master would have maybe made more sense, but would have been so expected and by the books. It's actually exactly what I expected.

Waltz's character, the calm, trained professional, being the one to be so disgusted by Candie's inhumanity that he can't resist putting an end to him, even at the expense of his own life, was so much more memorable.

Agreed, actors need to shut the fuck up when it comes to critiquing scripts.

Hitchcock was right about when it comes to actors, you treat them like cattle not royalty.

What a great thread

Fuck you

Bridget Regan had to have her hair chemically straightened and dyed brown for the role of Kahlan. She was originally a redhead.

>In 2004 James Cameron did a very revealing interview with Playboy Magazine, basically stating that he believes in White Supremacy. During the interview, Cameron made comments about blacks being too uneducated to give leadership to, and he stated that he would not all of a sudden, get down on his hands and knees and turn everything over to blacks.

decent point

Favor to Mulcahy, I think?

Everyone salivates over her tits, but her ass is pretty underrated I think.

Retarded nigger

this

The original plan was to have all cis white males be the villains. Between the Agents and Cypher, they pretty much are. I bet it was some producer's idea to get Keanu just to avoid that very situation.

I thought he turned down Django because he wanted Django to date a white girl. Yes, I'm serious.

Nope.

This is slightly wrong, the role was offered to him AFTER he accepted WWW, he didn't want to move to Australia for the shooting of the film for several months either. One of those "internet facts" that are stretched truths.

The Waltz scene was perfect, should not have been changed at all

Holy shit my sides

this t b h