youtube.com/watch?v=U6Ji1l01Z_o
youtube.com/watch?v=mJEULQOheKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

man this one is gonna suck
was hoping after how great mutant was he was about to aotd

>sees thumbnail
>immediately close out this tab
no thank u

At this point I don't know if Arca is pretentious or he's so deep that none of us can understand why he doesn't just write good fucking music.

It's anti-gay?

Wow, that is...uh...wow.

This may be the gayest thing I've ever seen.

[screams in homosexual]

>or he's so deep that none of us can understand why he doesn't just write good fucking music.
he hangs out with bjork, hba and dean blunt
sounds about right

definitely Dean Blunt is the problem

The music videos are gay, but I like the music.

not bad
legitimately sounds like coil
but he's doing a bad impression of ernesto tomasini

do gay people actually do this?

Seriously I think it's anti-gay. He's dressed as half human, strokes his cock, then his ass is bleeding and he appears to die.

desu they do it so much that this is considered a bit old hat

when did he turn into discount Andy Stott?

>hoping on the gay flaunting progressive political bandwagon

annnnnnddd dropped

Have you seen his other music videos? You really think he's anti-gay? LMFAO.

Just discovered him with this thread...The music is fucking fantastic though, this is like Tim Hecker's gigantic homosexual faggot cousin.

try this youtube.com/watch?v=H5ab5Cje7i8

>hopping on

Have you seen his music videos from like...2015? or any of his other music vids? Did you listen to his music for 2 years without looking up his videos? You can hate a music video, but to hate great music because the guy is gay....well that's just dumb, I have nothing else to say.

The best of the new songs that I've heard yet, but still nothing near some of his best old stuff

also fuck I hate the video, it's so cringy. bad acting, insincere af, bland, overdone themes

No and I'm just talking about this video. I would say it's at least just about dying from Aids but he's dressed as half animal among other apparent clues that it's actually anti-gay

Arca's been "on the gay flaunting progressive political bandwagon" since the beginning. He's just super gay. That's his persona.

Although I have trouble seeing how anything about this video is political at all. Just very flamboyant.

das gay as hell

Nice but not an official music video is it? I think Arca would prefer to see The Great Emperor's dong out at some point.

I enjoyed it more than his previous work tbqh

What did he mean by this?

Yep it's anti-gay. Mike Pence should see this video and use it as evidence for the validity of conversion therapy.

I doubt Arca would bother making an anti-gay video as a gay musician.

hes part of the weird frontier. nothing is beneath him

Wut that post literally just explained it and proved my point. Through personal experience Arca has learned that a sexual relationship between men is wrong. He's certainly demonstrating that evidence at least points in that direction.

it's escalating. mutant's cover was a demon that looked like a prolapsed anus, now he's bleeding from his ass.

Oh interesting I never made that connection about Mutant

yeah not everyone is as smart as i am, or should I say ASS smart ASS ASS

He's wearing a bullfighter jacket in the video, and also bleeding from his anus. He got gored by a bull in the anus, and loved it sexually. Not sure what the stilts mean though.

No he's obviously in pain and then he dies. Even if he did like it, blood is an obvious symbol of trauma which is then followed by a premature and tortured death. The ultimate symbol of mistake.

Straight men will never understand.

Understand what?

i feel like he grew up locked in a room with a slot for food and the cremaster cycle on repeat

The video is about internal conflict. One fighting one's self. Not sure what the ass-bleeding is all about but I'm sure the bull-fighting jacket in tandem with the bull-esque legs and penis represent that.

How can you not be sure what the ass bleeding is about? Bad tacos?

Jesus christ, I like his music a lot but I can't stand this fucking retarded "dude I'm so gay and weird" persona he puts on. It's not even shocking, it's just annoying.

very very good

now you understand how i feel about females

i mean why make a really black and white reading of it. i guess you are trolling though.

what it feels like being homosexual

And what does it feel like?

Well I just conceded that it could be about bad tacos. I can imagine stroking my dick right before I eat a bunch of tacos.

like being a fucking faggot

cocks in ass and an overly sensitive emotional complex comparable to a woman

also constant attention seeking behaviors and low inhibition towards reckless activities because they feel good

like the same thing

i think it's about shame and shamelessness

Where is my Frank OceanxArca collab at?

imagine the desire to fuck women

except with men.
it's basically that.

The torn pants/underwear also indicate trauma and an unnatural state. Contrasted with the immaculate and ornate appearance of his upper human half. Emotional love between two men is good but sexual relationships are bad.

Great song desu

But i don't get his music videos. I mean i know he's gay but EVERYTHING HE DOES seems to be about how he identifies as a homosexual.

I don't know, is this even homosexuality? I mean he crossdresses in literally every single video, is he like soft trans or something?

Anyways, i like his music, but his constantly super post-gay videos make it look like he's not genuine and just wants to be weird

>Not sure what the stilts mean though.
the bottom of the stilts look like bull hooves, which would make sense with what he said about animality/bestiality

> I mean i know he's gay but EVERYTHING HE DOES seems to be about how he identifies as a homosexual.
not true up until &&&&&& he was quiet on this stuff,
and actually when he was in school iirc he said always hiding away from ppl because he was gay

Arca is the only person who can go full faggot mode without me getting annoyed by it
I don't know why tho

it's vic reeves/tim & eric territory
s he definitely being serious?

pop surrealism, shiggy my diggy

They do also have a distinct leg brace appearance. They could have easily been made actual animal legs but they weren't. Homosexuality is a crutch.

I'm hetero but i'd cuddle with Arca desu. He seems like someone who genuinely values intimacy

good point

not meaning to call you out but a ton of r&b, hip-hop, rock and pop artists make exclusively sexual music (and music videos) but it's pleasing your peen so you don't write shit like that.

About the video (this comes from Dazed magazine): “Reverie” was originally the working title for what would become Arca. Its video, directed by longtime visual collaborator Jesse Kanda, was filmed in one take. In it, Arca stands on mechanical, hoof-like legs, depicting a “wounded matador” (as a press release puts it) who bleeds over flower petals. “Bullfighting is a piercing metaphor: you are fighting a bull, and at the same (time) yourself,” Arca says in a statement. “You are not the victim or the oppressor, you are both – animality and bestiality are conflated. Evoking sex invokes our animality. And evoking our animality, in turn, invokes spirituality.”

Right after his ass starts bleeding he looks right in the camera and says no no no

music about fucking, it's the weird frontier

>tfw virgin and will never expeirnece animality
im so close to becoming gay

who said you'll get laid then

grindr

it feels like being told your wrong for expressing a feeling everyone repress

not really, he was dressing like a nerd but he worked at ghettogothik

not really, he dressed like a nerd but he worked at ghettogothik

/POOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL/

Man, I really wanted to like Arca hearing he was all avant-garde and collaborating with Bjork and everything.

From the first time I heard/saw him performing though, I really can't understand what people like about what he comes up with. I get it, he's doing some kind of production in the studio I could never do, but the actual music he creates and his singing are both pretty bad. Good for everyone who enjoys it, it seems I just can't.

That said, he certainly is a spectacle and the video, while nothing I liked per se, is well done.

he made music videos back then?

Agreed his music is so disjunct with almost no coherent melody or beat or anything

what do you listen to user?

its a pleb filter sorry

Music where even when there is very little melody or beat, it's because of an intellectual principle at work like Babbit, Boulez, Stockhausen.

try this youtube.com/watch?v=U6Ji1l01Z_o

1. There is a pretty distinct melody and beat, like it's not even that challenging

2. why are you in this thread and not shitposting in /classical/ if you have no appreciation for the experimental music culture of the past 50 years

It's literally just Arca I take issue with. Arca is just bad.
Onkyo, OPN, Michael Pisaro is all fine.

>names 3 artist who don't even sound like him
stop trolling and pls leave

Best thing I've heard from him.

I'm sorry I don't like your pop that's intentionally sounding shitty and off kilter. Maybe you could go to good music sometime?

was expecting better bait.
sort yourself out

>claims he likes onkyo (non specified artists) and pisaro
>good taste

dude, you literally just hate him because he's gay, you have not had a single good critique of his music

The fuck dude he just does fancy effects in arrhythmic manner with absolutely no form or organization. It's pretentious as fuck.
Listen to Mark Fell or Thomas Brinkmann sometime

>arrhythmic
>no form or organizition

>listens to onkyo

you can just say you don't like it, but I've listened to tons of mark fell and I still like arca.

Onkyo's trying to be arrhythmic though, it's environment music.

I know. I like and have listened to a ton of onkyo. Calling things pretentious that you like in other genres is just hypocritical and anti-intellectual.

What I'm saying is you're arguing in bad faith because you're critiques of the music apply to things you unprompted stated you liked.

It's fine not to like arca, but your critques don't hold water

A O T Y
O
T
Y
desu

It's different to talk about love and sexual relationships than exclusively talking about sexuality, it's insincere. I watched him live recently and a lot of people in the audience, most of which were gay, were complaining about how forced it looked.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even gay, desu

I don't know what to say other than Arca intentionally makes his music "bad" by setting rhythms in random ways with no formal organization and by not developing his melody coherently.

i don't see how stuff like this is intentionally bad youtube.com/watch?v=mJEULQOheKE

they aren't random or incoherent though, you're critique is bad

not his best video :/
Anoche & Sin Rumbo were better imo

>Also in Spanish there's a saying for when someone cheats on you, "te pegaron los cuernos" which roughly translates to they've stuck the horns on you. I feel like that is relevant
from a YT comment, so take it with a grain of salt
but it seems quite relevant

Reverie and Mutant are just masses of sound with little care.