NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bI5hi4c4y9k
youtu.be/9b4s5CfPD4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's wrong with a Galaxy Quest thread?
;_;

F

He didn't die though.

I think he's saying that the picture posted evokes a similar emotional response as the scene in the movie.

Ah, that makes more sense than someone hating Galaxy Quest which is an objective 10/10

Hell it's better than most of the actual Star Trek movies.

He doesn't understand. Explain, as you would a child.

That scene is all kinds of messed up. Felt so bad for Mathasar.

Guy had some of the best lines

>Guy you have a last name, its um..
>DO I? DO I?
>Is there AIR? YOU DONT KNOW
>look around you, can you construst a rudimetary lathe?

I used to at first, but then later on you realize Mathazar thought it was a joke, and was just playing dead to fool Sarrus

I'm pretty sure Mathazar actually believed it at first and just rationalized it at the end.

Fuck you guys I'm watching Galaxy Quest.

>we will never get the uncut version with Sigourney Weaver saying fuck and Tony Shaloub getting high

It's amazing how well the movie turned out despite all the studio cuts. I'd still be interested in seeing the intended version some day.

It's less about Mathazar and more about Nesmith admitting himself he's a fraud and facing his own failures as a man. He has to stop pretending to be a hero so he can actually be one. The movie is just spot on when it comes to the emotional beats and character arcs.

> You'll forgive my impertinence, Sir, but even though we have never before met, I have always considered you as a father to me.

Just as sad as Spock's death.

He dies in the sequel coming out

Sequel was cancelled when Rickman died.

Nice spoiler box asshole

Christ I'd even argue that it was moreso.

Hard call. Spock was sadder (for me at least) because we knew him for so much longer. But Quellek's just unwavering admiration and making his hero proud is pretty soul crushing.

What sold it as sadder for me was that Quellek wasn't coming back.

I love that scene.

Sure in hindsight it reduces the impact of Spock's death some but when it did happen it was pretty harsh.

Can't argue there.

I would watch it if it were a real show desu
youtu.be/bI5hi4c4y9k
Wasn't there a website that they made when the movie came out that had fake plot synopsis for all the "episodes"

The issue i have is the timeline, this definitely feels like a mid to late 80s show, yet the movie convention announces the lost episode as Ep92 from 1982 implying the show started in the late 70s which seems way too early

>reduces the impact of Spock's death
I recently watched Star Trek 1 and 2 without ever watching the show beyond tribbles as a child. Spock's death was pretty emotionless for me, especially because I had watched Into Darkness first...

Wrath of Khan is seriously amazing though, the only thing that was dated was Khan's henchman dying.

Spock's death really only works if you watched TOS and was a lifelong trek fan. Kids that started watching in 1966 had 16 years of Spock, and now he died, while people who jumped onto trek in 79 for TMP probably didnt feel as much sorroe

Holy shit though, watching Wrath of Khan made me realize how absolutely shit terrible Into Darkness is. How could anyone let that happen?

Let's talk about the elephant in the room: The alien chick or blonde Sigourney?

Tony Sheloub.

guy is the best

Always Sigourney. I don't care what she's in, I will always be attracted to her.

Boobjob Sigourney is best Sigourney.

Ya it's good but I liked the original better

I get where you're coming from, but there's a lot of baggage to it.
Not only because he was such a loved and familiar character, but because the way he died was the most fitting thing for his character.

He does it, without questioning it for a moment, because his vulcan, logical mind knows that "The Needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few", while thanks to his time on the Enterprise and his friendship with others, Kirk in particular gives him a very non-vulcan, compassionate priority to ask first if the ship is out of danger. Simply having to have done it for it is what needs to be done, but understanding what this means for others is perfectly summed up in that scene.
It's the perfect end and summation of his character arc.

Plus you could argue there is a lot of symbolism with the glass wall. He is clearly separate from Kirk on a basic level. Kirk would have likely hesitated, especially because of his convictions of the "no-win" scenario, and his inability sometimes to see things the way they are, while Spock, as a Vulcan is very detached from these, yet all that separates them is a clear glass, because while they'll never be like eachother, they've come to understand eachother clearly.

oh, user, It's so hard to get roles these days... d-do you think I'm still beautiful?

I had watched it last months after some years again and his dying made me tear up a little. In Galaxy Quest it's all such a crazy turmoil because you want more fun from the comedy instead of those troubling feelings you get put through. It's really quite amazing the way it handles all those different emotional overtones.

I totally agree with Sup Forums that Sigourney just looks incredible in that getup. And as a kid with my brothers I had grown to dislike her especially after the last Alien movie.

>It's better than ALL the Star Trek movies
ftfy

>they were termites or dalmations, I don't remember, I was hungover.

Read an interview on the AV Club with Missi Pyle recently about her role in Galaxy Quest, she said they wrote her character in at the last minute solely because they had too many guys and it needed some balancing. So they wrote her in, let her and Tony fuck about on the side lines the whole movie and it was brilliant.

Fuck, Galaxy Quest really is a near perfect film.
Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

>tfw I'm so stupid I didn't realize it was the same actress that was in Alien until an user told me half a year ago
She's looking sexy as fuck though, damn.

I never noticed until recently how much the movie holds itself back, guess they really wanted that PG rating.

It was originally going to have an R rating. You can see the obvious overdubs where they replace Fuck with screw and shit with 'it'

It never would have been R. PG-13 at best. No one does an R-Rated scifi comedy.

They really did.
Remember the piston room, when she yelled "Screw that!"? Her mouth pretty clearly shaped the word "Fuck". It was overdubbed.

>We could have seen Sigourney Weaver's tits at the end when her clothes started to fall apart
FUCK YOU MPAA

PG-13. Lots of movies allow "fuck" once or twice without becoming R-rated. Moreso with "shit."

They allow it usually once and allow, I think, a follow up and also one case of "fucking".
That scene at the start of The Martian he says Fuck twice in a row and Fucking once but never again.
Also Be Cool uses it once and made a point that you can only use it once per film in a PG movie.

On TV you can use the word Shit once an episode usually, Suits in USA used to make a point of using it once an episode nearly every episode, some people had a drinking game based on who would say it that episode.

Four Weddings and a Funeral has the word Fuck used four times in a row as its opening scene.

CRAB BROKE MY KNIFE

BY GRABTHAR'S HAMMER....WHAT A SAVINGS!

Rickman was so good. It mirrored some of his own career and dealing with getting a paycheck versus his desire to be a true thespian.

I don't think there was a single capital letter in that line. That fucking sigh before "what a savings" was gold.

Absolutely. Full lower case on that one.

this and matchstick men made him a star

Why is Tony Sheloub eating in every scene?

This joke movie has more real emotion than any pseudo-intellectual Oscar bait put out nowadays could dream of

What!? That's impossible!

i used to watch this with my family all the time, it was in the rotation with What About Bob as a go-to vacation movie. now if i try to show it to anyone they think i'm crazy. pleb taste, pleb taste all around.

youtu.be/9b4s5CfPD4Y

That sound at the beginning, is it me or does it sound like its from StarCraft?

Sounds like the doors from Doom to me

Oh thats what it is.

i watched the movie a few days ago and noticed several noises that were in starcraft

there's probably just some archive of sounds where they get these things from

>Alien is actually a octopus
>Use some kind of holographic technology to appear humanoid

>Broken leg
>Crutch

Don't negate the premise. He broke a tentacle that matches to his leg.

how did that green alien master know it was a TV show? how does he know what TV shows are? my only problem with this movie.

Because he's smart like his. His culture has TV shows and knows an opening when he has scene one.

I could show you the opening to a TV show you've never seen and you would know right away it was a TV show.

best character

>Dat boob jiggle
I will find who cut this scene out and personally make them watch 10 hours of the most tedious show ever, for doing this.

You're going to make them watch the /got/ General thread for ten hours?