Why does no one learn from Gilligan's success...

Why does no one learn from Gilligan's success? Better Call Saul has to be the most polished storytelling/acting combo in television today

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6j6K6zWT-Nc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did he mean by this?

I think it's a "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" reference

Literally
>job related stress
The show. Nothing fucking happens and it's just a prequel of him dicking around till breaking bad makes his story interesting

>he likes transformers
>he can't appreciate a character study

BCS is an awesome show, I'm looking forward to the 3rd season. Like it or not, Vince Gilligan is the closest we've got to David Chase and Matthew Weiner today. With Gus coming to Season 3, it's gonna be great.

Gilligan is the pioneer of arthouse TV. Plebs don't understand his work and claim "nothing happens", but the truly patrician watch every episode and are found craving for more right after it ends.

He went overboard in BrBa with all the cheap cliffhangers and cheesy "dude symbolism lmao" gimmick, but overall he's a pretty stellar showrunner who know how to pace himself and appreciates nifty imageries. I'm actually quite shocked AMC let him all this freedom with BCS, because it's definitely not an easy drama to watch.

Is it actually good?

I was annoyed with the last couple of BrBa seasons and I didn't want to jump on a shitty cash in more of the same spin off so I never checked it out.

It's better than BrBa seasons 4 and 5, literally every character has depth and I'm such a sucker for slow-burning storytelling.

imo it's better than breaking bad

I'm aware that nothing happens but I still really enjoy watching it.

The Mike subplot in S2 was disappointing though. A ton of buildup and drama for him to almost shoot a guy but decide not to, tune in next season

Danke, will check it out

I fear the proliferation of MORE boring shitty shows.

better call sauzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shit man, that scene with Mike snipering Tio was amazing, so intense and unnerving.

After those shakey last couple of seasons of Breaking Bad, it's good to know that he can go back and create a great drama show like BCS.

The issue with the show isn't that it's too slow, it's just that the plotlines are not resolving, and there seems little point to a lot of what has happened so far.

the thing about better call saul is I feel no attachment to the show, its characters or anything. there's no tension.

but I still watch it because it's better shot, written and acted than pretty much everything else.

>there's no tension
I think you need to redefine to yourself what "tension" means.

The show virtually never delves into day to day lawyer shit unless it involves Jimmy's love for Kim or his style being belittled by others.
It's equal or better than BrBa. The "slowness" others whine about is intentional to build character and make you really feel sad at Jimmy's morph to Saul.
Also underrated: the soundtrack. The inflatable montage was incredible
youtube.com/watch?v=6j6K6zWT-Nc

>Its a huge tits Kettleman episode

this show is so boring

especially compared to breaking bad

hardly any gunfights

The border patrol tracking shot was god-tier.

Its about a struggling lawyer. Why the fuck would there be a bunch of gunfights in it?

I didn't like Mad Men that much, but I really love this show. One of the best show on TV right now.

fuck yoyu

Great response man. You really put me in my place.

thanks you too

Mad Men felt too made up as it went. I like that the writers in BCS always seem to be several steps ahead