I want to learn mandarin

I want to learn mandarin.

best way to learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

bubblebunbutt.tumblr.com/post/145156710592/z-co-hello-a-lot-of-you-have-been-asking-me
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Practice

pimsleur approach. look it up then find a set.

watch more anime with subtitles

best place to learn is in china, when you get there leave the airport and walk around the streets pulling on your eye lids shouting at people you teach me chinese.

Well yeah, but.. Rosetta stone's awesome but.. It doesn't show you translation's of what you're actually reading, you always have to try to guess by looking at the photos. Quite annoying.

bubblebunbutt.tumblr.com/post/145156710592/z-co-hello-a-lot-of-you-have-been-asking-me

Linguist and language teacher here

RosRossetta stone and Pimsleur are both shit tier
Don't waste your time on them

How much motivation do you have to learn Mandarin?

thank you for providing good alternatives :^)

Take a class to learn the basics then move to a country that speaks that language for a few months.

>>>>Wants non interativity to learn an interactive activity.

First I need to know

How much motivation do you have to study?
How much time?
Do you have anyone to speak Chinese with?
How much self discipline do you have?

I'm motivated. I'll eventually live there later in life.

Eat an orange.

exwife got pretty good through choosing Mandarin as a minor in college.

She a cunt tho, idk how badly you want to be a cunt...

>First I need to know

No you don't shit head. You could've just provided alternatives if you weren't full of shit.

better than nothing
...which is what you suggested

i want to learn banana

xD

Computer learning is fundamentally flawed and produces poor results for time spent.

It's almost worse than nothing.... Do I really need to quote books/studies?

fuck off weaboo useless garbage.

not any of those you replied to.
personally i would much rather prefer interactive learning, one-on-one or similar

i took an extra curricular into course on mandarin last year, i believe that id have enough motivation and discipline to learn.

Go to /jp/ and see their fondess to Anki
But if you want to do more than read in a language Anki is not the way to go. Also reading is better learnt after you have a basic understanding of the spoken form

Do you have a gf/bf or friend you can speak Mandarin with?

even if they're not a native/advanced speaker?

at that point she's buying time for her black fuck boi

i wish

What about someone from the Mandarin class?

The problem is the start of learning a language is a hard long slog at the start and takes a long time

I'd advise learning a Chinese menu/ greetings and practicing at a Chinese restaurant, usually they'll be happy enough to give time to understand

A better alternative would be start a small study group
Also if you do this pick a book that has conversations you'll actually have not This is my brother he has long hair.

The restaurant is good because you'll actually know if they understand you or not.

Also after vocab you can build in grammar, e.g If there is no 西红柿 (XiHongSi tomato) could I have 土豆丝(tudousi Potato dish )?

I've learnt Chinese and I'm a language teacher if you dont want my help fine

There is no such language as "chinese"..
If you really were a teacher, you'd know.

Shack up w a Chinese whore

Okay Autismo
Everyone calls Mandarin Chinese

Lonely planet phrasebook with phonetic pronunciation and youtube. Alos speak to local chinese a simple 'knee-how' when foing in to order food (check they don't speak cantonese!) and a 'she-she' when you get the food.

Good luck. It's not as hard as you think, each vowel has four different tonal pronunciations. Cantonese is another fucking story and so difficult. They say if you learn 3000-4000 characters you can easily read a newspaper, most Chinese genuinely understand 4000ish.

Lots of practice and like other Anons suggested, move to China.

Consistent study, as with every thing you cretin. No other way.

lol fag. Mandarin is commonly referred to as "Chinese". Fucking dumb fag.

Also to chime in again.

I don't know if you have a large Chinese community in your city, but I live in Melbourne, Australia and we're overrun with them. I learned off a local school, I only know around 400 characters but definitely spend the money for good tuition. I learned the hard way. It helps if you're in a city with a large Chinese community too.

Duolingo
>get xp while learning a language
Shit's fun

Chinese Skill app or spend summer in Beijing. If you learn from any chinese people in America make sure they're from northern china so you don't get that hick accent.