Just disabled my DNS cache on a whim and it's literally running ten times faster

Just disabled my DNS cache on a whim and it's literally running ten times faster

I'm excited and confused, can someone explain what just happened?

Literally 10 times faster

Dunno. Check these dubs.

faggot I need to know

How can the resolution errors be caused by windows? Would it be running even faster than this if the cache didn't corrupt itself?

How often do you reboot?

Once a day generally, I noticed a significant increase in speeds immediately after flushing my dns and permanently disabling it is now giving me these speeds all the time!

>permanently disabling it
kek, why would anyone do that

do you even dns cache?

trying this now. my internet is trash far too often and routinely gives me DNS related errors when it really hangs badly

basically the dns' server is replying faster then the time it takes for your computer too look it up in your own disk.

1. your disk is very slow and clutered
2. your disk is failing
3. get aan ssd you pleb

You think that makes it fast try deleting sys32

Just stop the DNS Cache service within windows.msc if you're on windows 10, make sure you exit the web browser and then disable it completely.

Run cmd and type "ipconfig /displaydns" to make sure it's all cleared, flush it if it's not, and voila

It's fuckin magic dude my pages used to take 15-20 seconds to finish and now they're loading in 3

Good possibility this hard drive is failing, PC was a handmedown. So my pc couldn't look it up on the disk and it's just asking directly for the web address now? And that's why it's faster?

Trips checked

Trip city

thanks for the info anons

I suppose this would be a good workaround for older computers, something you could do pretty easily to increase their page load times. Gonna remember this one

I just did all that. I know how to do it, I just never fucking considered that the local DNS info on my fucking SSD would be causing hangs.

It's already an improvement. What the fuck. Youtube videos were frequently half-loading, requiring a refresh to actually load fully. Now they're not only loading first try, but crazy fast in comparison.

How the fuck does windows consistently manage to screw up the most basic of tasks? If my internet issues are totally fixed by this I'm going to be both insanely pissed and incredibly happy

It's our hard drives man, like dude was saying earlier their read times are either really fucking slow, failing, or cluttered

I don't even give a fuck, all I know is I've been dealing with this for like a fucking year and it's completely fixed now lel

This is now a get thread

You could be right, but this SSD is still relatively new and it transfers everything else just as fast as it always ha-

NEVERMIND CHECK MY DIGITS
GET THREEEEAAAADDDDDD

also command ipconfig /flushdns will clear your cash immediately but without stopping the services it wont matter cause it will fill back up.

What's even the necessity of a DNS cache then..? I asked earlier if my page load times would be even faster if it were running properly but never got an answer

Yeah I left out the command line prompt for flushing sorry

That's why I tried to give people a way to make sure it's cleared with the /displaydns

TFW troll thread
>Delete system32 for maximum performances

Iv been around Sup Forums for a long time, and even I almost fell for this shit.

if it was working properly and anyone other than microsoft was in charge of it, it would be faster or of equal speed to using the server

the last year has been a constant fight with windows services and fucntions for me so this isn't surprising. my friend i'm messaging on steam just tried this and it's solved all his internet issues from what he can gather

I think the failing hard drive theory is starting to lose credibility, and this is looking more like a 'windows is trash' thing.

Homies do your own research, I'm not fucking around my internet is faster after disabling the DNS cache. This is a thing. Don't listen to the system32 faggot, they're in any tech thread on Sup Forums

You'd fucking think it'd be faster without having to look up the address? Is windows legit just dropping the ball here?

SSDs suck ass juice, the fuck are you talking about? They can't even handle a simple power outage.
The first power outage my SSD went through, it nearly fried and now every time I boot up it tells me the drive is failing. That has never happened to any of my HDDs during any power outage.
Sure it's a tiny, tiny bit faster but because they can't even handle a fucking unexpected shutdown they're absolute junk.

>didn't buy a surge protector
>blames SSDs

k bud

You think I'd be that stupid to not attach a surge protector? Fuck off faggot, go play with your trashy electronics.

Are you telling me your surge protector failed? Or that the SSD failed despite the functioning protector?

Did you have a surge dongle attached to your SSD? Git gud or git gon