Who here was in high school when flip phones were the best phones out?

Who here was in high school when flip phones were the best phones out?

I can't imagine being in high school no when everyone has smartphones, the plus side would be you could never fail a test or anything because you can just Google the answer on your phone lmao

pic related

Dude, I was the first one to get a razr soohmore year. I was hot shit for a while.

Oh shit niggie I had a razr as well. We were fly as fuck

Oh yeah everyone was jelly of the guy with a razr lol

>flip phones were the best phones out
I still use a Nokia 2720.

You can't just bring out your phone during a test. Teachers aren't retarded they know if you're on your phone

Loser detected

miss the old nokia bricks snake was the only game

You kids these days aren't very smart compared to my generation. I'd just put it out of view and Google the answers, I'd purposely answer a couple wrong so it didn't seem obvious but I'd still get 90% or higher on tests

No wonder so many idiots can get into college these days you can just use your phone to get the answers

yeah i bet you think you arent being inconspicuous with your head looking into your lap and a hand or two there as well rather than looking and working on your test

but youre baiting anyway, so it doesnt matter

>get sent out into the hall
>use phone
>profit

I've done it all this year and have the highest mark in the class

I'd be an A+ student if we had smartphones in my day. You can't possibly fail when you have the fucking Internet and a mini computer in your pocket lmao

good ol t9. i miss buttons fuck all this touch screen shit

if you got sent out you were most likely disqualified if anything
if toilet break, a teacher wouldve accompanied you

My teachers are too busy with their own phones during tests that they don't even look around the room

>teacher would have accomponied you to the bathroom

What the fuck kinda school did you go to?

I dont go to a disobedient kids school m8, teachers don't follow you to the washroom that's fucked

Are you 5 years old? You have to be accompanied by a teacher to go to the washroom hahahah wtf

Man school would be so easy these days if you had a smartphone. I can figure out the answer to almost anything with my phone in a matter of seconds

STEM TA here. I failed 7 students last quarter for phone usage during an exam. If your teacher is a bitch you will get away with it, but one day you'll have an instructor who is onto your bullshit and you will be fucked.

LOL phones make it like so easy now! You can just cheat and get an A+ lmao BEING STUPID IS COOL! XD

My teachers don't even give a fuck if we use our phones, it's literally impossible to fail unless your phone dies or something during tests

All teachers are beta cucks. That's why they have such a bitch ass job

This. I was in college for one semester, no body was allowed to have a phone in class with them during tests otherwise it was an automatic fail if they got caught with it.

Like I said, some teachers won't care and they're cucks. But eventually you'll get a teacher who doesn't tolerate that shit. Unless you're in liberal arts, who knows how they give exams.

What can't you figure out on your phone? If you have mobile data you can figure out just about the answer to anything anywhere

I'm in high school, we are allowed to have and use our phones whenever because an emergency could arise and we would need our phone to call family etc, nobody would be telling me I can't use my phone, I'm not paying 90$ a month to not use it whenever I feel like it

TAfag here, too. I have a policy where if even on a regular (non exam day) I hear a phone or see a phone out the entire class gets a pop quiz. Seriously, you little shits better enjoy it while it lasts bacause college upper division teachers will push your shit in for acting like a faggot high schooler.

Kid who was bullied detected

The literal embodiment of millennials, folks. A high school brat who thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants to the detriment of his education and integrity.

>teachers used to say you wont have a computer wherever you go
>mfw my phone is a computer and it goes with me everywhere

School was a massive waste of time considering we can figure out anything whenever we want nowadays

Fuck-up cheater detected.

Kid who can't retain information detected

It's a free country faggot, touch my phone without permission and you'll have a lawsuit on your ass

You want to be operated on by a surgeon who googled the procedure?

Literal retard.

Person who doesn't realize you can figure out anything on your phone detected
>being so old school you retain information in your head
>implying anyone needs to know anything other than how to use a phone these days

I had the en-ve or whatever it was called. The orange one. Fucking loved that thing

Get a load of this little shit. You're right, we can't touch you or your phone, but we CAN fail your entitled little pink ass.

FREE COUNTRY FAGGOT
TOUCH MY PHONE AND IT'S ON
I DON'T PAY FOR MY OWN INSURANCE

You can't fail someone for using their phone, that's against my rights

This

I use my phone to figure out the answer to literally everything

You taking the fucking piss op ? I had that exact phone until I broke it a few we,s ago.

The discussion isn't about whether schools have the right to confiscate your property, my young retarded friend. It's about an instructor's right to punish cell phone usage, which I'm afraid you can't do anything about.

*citation needed*

space impact bruh

>Tfw mobile phones were still in suitcases when I was at school, I knew one guy in my entire area code who had a pager. And yes he sold drugs.

You can't tell someone they can't use their phone

>it's my right to cheat

Kek. As long as a policy clearly stated in the syllabus I can fail you for whatever the fuck I want, faggot.

Hahahahahahahaha.

No you can't fail someone for using their phone you idiot. You'd be fired so quick if you tried failing me for using my phone

why would he right down why? he would just fail you.

Maybe in fantasy land, but here in the real world there are rules and regulations that students must abide by if they want to receive a grade.

Half the people don't even go to high school anymore they just do correspondence at home. I dropped out grade 9 and did correspondence at home and got almost perfect grades

I hear they don't take your phones anymore if you use them in class.

I can unfortunately imagine how difficult it might be to be a teacher.

I'm glad someone finally mentioned the t9

I failed 7 students last quarter for phone usage and I teach at a college in the SF bay area (safe space HQ) and I was backed by the entire department. That was just last quarter. Nobody has ever been fired for failing/punishing a student for cell phone usage.

Does it feel like when you learned there was no Santa?

Fuck a phone, sky pagers was the way baby!

Do that to the wrong person and you'll get shot or beat down son

Who's the "wrong person?" Is it you? Lmao. You're just a little bitch, I'd take your fuckin phone and step on it you little faggot, you wouldn't do shit but sit there and cry you beta cuck pussy. A lot of tough talk is all I hear from you.

This was the latest rage when I was in H.S.

No you wouldn't I'd punch you out so quick grandpa and there's nothing your elderly ass could do about it except beg me to stop

How can you afford to live in SF??

Of course, standard class kids don't even have to try to pass
Not even try to cheat, the system favors them
AP kids are fucked because of common core and y'know, can't cheat on an essay

>college student
>imma beatdown my teacher

yeah... because that happens all the time

fucking neet would have to leave his basement and sign up for college in the first place

Only a teenage no-pube bitch would think 24 is elderly you dumb baby. I'm in my prime ass-kicking years so I'd love it if you gave me a reason to defend myself.

I don't, I live in the SF bay area in Oakland.

How can he beg you to stop if you've punched him out?

See? This is why cheating in school is a bad idea, it makes you a retard.

That isn't much better is it? Isn't Oakland now the "brooklyn" of SF bay area? Are you paying $1500 for a 200sq ft studio?

>college

I'm not a nerd I'm talking about high school, college is for faggots who like being in debt

The coolest shit was being able to toss the phone in the air, have it flip open, and speak into it as soon as you caught it

Oakland has shitty areas but we just avoid them. It's becoming more hipster so alot more gentrification. Richmond is replacing Oakland as the new locals shithole. I live with my sister and her family so i pay about $750 a month for a room in a house.

my bachelors was ~$20,000
my grad school is paid for and they are paying me

>nerd faggot

let me know how you part time job at GameStop goes

I have a fetish about urban planning, urbanization in general, urban sprawl, effects and history of all that shit.

Just the other day I was in a non consequential college town in flyover america that you probably will never even hear of in your life till now or from here on.

But it is a very poor area of the country, one of the poorest of the entire country in fact, with 8 our of the 10 poorest counties in this area. But this shitty town has a university and coffee shops, and restaurants and bars and a hospital, but you know what it didn't have? People, the people who "live" there, are students because the whole town has been gentrified. A rental in this town would probably come to $1000 a month, yet there is no commercial activity or industry to anchor this development other than the university.

Everyone talks about gentrification when it happens in places where half the country couldn't afford to live there to begin with. What do you call gentrification when it happens to the poor?

>a college town has things

really makes you think

I see that in Davis, CA. The town is empty during the summer. Its mostly old people left over, i assumed they were glad to get s break from all the ruckus.

Who says you couldn't have both a flip phone and smartphone at the same time.

Kek

Actually yeah it does make you think. The people who live in that county and town do not go to those shops, restaurants, bars and coffee houses, they can't even live in the town anymore because they surely can't afford it.

The population of the county is something like 60000, it has around 786 sq miles of area and a density of 86 per sq mile. 25% of the population is "disabled" under the age of 65, 75% of total pop. has a highschool diploma and 13% of total pop has a college degree. Avg income is $20000 and poverty rate is at 25%.

i didn't have a phone in high school. i felt missed out.

the people that own the land sell for a massive profit

the people/businesses that work there charge college fags a lot more money and profit

it is generally beneficial for everyone involved

A phone is a phone.
If it calls and texts, who gives a fuck what else it does.

fukkk in high school i got suspended for having a pager

My teacher asks for our phone when go out of class for math :(

Except the majority of people there don't own the land because in the early 20th century most of the land and mineral rights were sold to prospectors/investors.

Even if you are a fucking waitress or bartender your wages are going to double or triple with the university in town

universities bring construction jobs as well, teaching jobs and small business owners benefit

youre out of your god damn mind if you believe that.

yeah, they "bring" jobs with them as well as bringing labor from outside to do those jobs.

>small town restaurant
>average person is fucking old ass motherfucker in overalls still remembering the great depression >leaving 47 cents in change on the table as a tip

>college town
>don't worry guys my daddy gave me his credit card for school
>tips 20% even for bad service
>unless they are black

My negro