I call it the pasta di falcone. guard of the hawk

I call it the pasta di falcone. guard of the hawk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GL0w0Vn4q1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=iCC8tjrXYE8
youtube.com/watch?v=hmu6dP3-VCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does this even make sense? Seems like it leaves your lower body unprotected.

Pretty sure its a real guard position actually, you aren't as exposed as you think because the idea is you stay out of their reach as much as possible. If they attack you parry downwards.

But it doesn't. It's easier to drop the sword with the assistance of gravity than it is to raise it in defense. Hence it's a good defensive position

Armor/mail are your protection

I assume it's based on a legit technique, but keep in mind a lot of this is recreated from the manual so you can never know how accurate it is. Or how much on paper it differed from actual practice.

there's a lot of weirder shit in actual fighting manuals; literally everytime I've brought up the Mordhau people thought I was fucking with them

Nigga I was just watching this. I also read that the "extended cut" made it into a masterpiece. What's the difference between the versions?

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but the directors cut should be the only version, theatrical version is dogshit

It basically adds the plot back into the movie, entire characters and arcs were cut

always watch the director's cut, regular one is caca and that's why it bombed in theaters

Theatrical cut is 50 minutes shorter and half the plots make no sense

If your enemy has a spear, you're dead as soon as you take this pose.

To add to this, it's a pretty good offensive position as well, because you can transition quickly into the other guard positions, and you can use gravity to assist with a cut, slash or thrust

You can also quickly do meme moves like the krumphau from this guard

>guy with a spear dueling a guy with a sword
spear guy loses everytiem

Explain to me how Balian learned to do all that engineering stuff he did. Blacksmiths forge shit, they don't build irrigation ducts or plan siege defenses.
Does making a man a knight make him a better engineer?

>hasnt played M&B multiplayer

When I was 16 I won a great victory

youtube.com/watch?v=GL0w0Vn4q1Q

Why?

A spear is actually a pretty shitty weapon to take to a longsword fight. It has better reach but he's just gonna be swatting at the tip until he breaks it.

In fact the bigger war swords actually became more popular as battlefield weapons specifically because they worked so well against the omnipresent spear

What the fuck. They edited it. Correct version here.

youtube.com/watch?v=iCC8tjrXYE8

>spear guy loses everytiem
B-but muh GoT duel!

Is no one going to mention that OP says pasta?

He says he served in some local war as an engineer before the start of the film. That is the only thing mentioned as far as I remember.

Really? Must've missed that.

That's one bad piece of pottery.

Shitty theatrical version

actual version

Is his voice in the theatrical version shittier or is it just me?

irredeemable shit

>inb4 muh director's version

Any other movies have flail combat?
flails are cool

Return of the King, for a single scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=hmu6dP3-VCs

>You go to certain death
>All death is certain

This movie is ok if you have the directors version.

The rest of it is pure schlock in terms of historical relevance; its the usual Ridley bs where he took a few actual names and an actual circumstance and then fucked it with narrative tropes that make no sense irl, like how legolas lives in france at the start of the film when irl he was stationed as the baron of w/e the hell it was for the majority of his life.

if you go in brain dead and less autistic is an alright film but ffs get the director's cut since they leave out a massive plot point w/ the feudalism succession leprosy drama.

8.1/10 dildoes

- bobby eybert

Salam Alaikum, my name is Al-Baldwin.

I'm a 27 year old Jerusalemite Abrahamic (Sympathetic to Islam for you infidels). I went on a Hajj to Mecca, and spend my days visiting mosques in Jerusalem playing superior Arabic games. (Shatranj, Mheibes, Counter Strike).

I train with my Scimitar every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through crusaders because it was forged in Persia, and is vastly superior to any weapon on earth. I earned my knighthood 5 years ago and have been training ever since.

I speak Arabic fluently, both Egyptian and Levanti dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Islamic history and their shariah law, which I follow 100%.

When I get my Egyptian fiefdom, I'm moving to Cairo to go spend some quality bro time with Saladin and learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope to become a Mujaheddin.

I own several Turbans which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Egypt so I can fit in easier. I bow to my Imams and salute them in Arabic as often as I can, but they usually run away in fear.

Wish me luck in the Muslim world !