I literally fucking cried during the death of superman and his funeral procession

I literally fucking cried during the death of superman and his funeral procession.

How did snyder do it? How did he make a capeshit film so powerful?

>that batman intro

I never knew I wanted a batman film filmed like a horror movie until this film.

Bravo, Snyder. Truly Hollywood's most underappreciated action director.

Why the fuck wasn't the ultimate cut the one played in cinemas? It literally patched every hole in the theatrical.

This is the first time I was up and cheering with the crowd. When aquaman showed up the whole theater was just in a frenzy of cheers and hooting and hollering. Marvel really should take notes.

>the christ symbolism
>the lex luthor theme is the superman theme but notes reversed each bar
truly, the patrician superhero film we deserved. Unsurprising that the plebs hated it.

Every movie is like that now, so you buy the DVD, from prometheus to suckerpunch.

Good God I can't ignore these posts anymore, please stop.

>Funeral procession
>Focuses of two characters he just met
>Rises from his grave three days later
Bravo Snyder. Much sad.

It's right up there with God is not Dead, finally a movie that reflects my beliefs. Makes up for that hedonistic 300 movie :(

>"Martha"

Apparently some scenes like the train death, burning of bodies and warehouse fight scene were a bloody enough to push it from PG-13 to R.

That doesn't explain why they took out Clark investigating Batman or Superman saving that woman after the senate explosion.

Personally think the studio demanded a maximum runtime and did their own cut to match that and stuck with it.

They also took out all the information on who the black lady was and how she was forced into lying by lex luthor.

This was the biggest gap in the theatrical.

The directors cut was even better than MoS IMO, and that's really saying something

That MoS wasn't much to compare to?

ITT: plebs

>I literally can't tell which posts are satire and which posts are honest anymore

What a strange feeling.

embrace the kino

that's a side effect of the reddit overlapse.

I wish Civil War had it's cgi that good, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

I know right, pic related has to be one of the most godawful laughable things I've ever seen..

>That shit CGI

>implying it was EVER honest :3

>Truly Hollywood's most underappreciated action director.

I unironically think this. Dude is seriously talented when it comes to visuals. He's just different from other action directors where he tries to add substance to his movies, which casuals want none of. They just want punchy punchy smashy smashy for an hour and a half with some jokes. Snyder is the hero we deserve.

>tfw DC's strongest ''''''''''''''hero'''''''''''''''''' literally dies from a stab to the chest

and people think Superman could defeat Goku, top keks all round

>marvel should take notes
>on movies
>from bvs

in b4 lasers

I'm just going to believe that Snyder purposefully butchered the movie because WB wouldn't let him show the real cut just so he could say I told you so.

Why do all the superman shots have such grandeur?

christ this movie sucked

That's so fucking silver agey. I love it.

the scene where Batman is beating the shit out of him at the end of theyre fight, and Lois runs over to him as he sobbing his mums name and Lois has to speak for him, and essentially says 'hes crying for his mummy'.. really humanized him and made his death feel at first possible, and then that much more savage when i happnens

It didnt patch the shitty script

Realistically, he would have to be exerting tons and tons of force on the ground below him to pull that thing. Anyone who graduated high school should know this. Pathetic bullshit for a movie trying to take itself seriously.

the ground can take it

this you had no problem with though?
its the ground force exercion when the superman was pulling the ship through the ice that ruined your immersion?

>Synder actually did the impossible and made Superman a decent character

I wasn't sure if Sup Forums was joking or not.

Because I actually think most of the Marvel output is genuinely bad, and while Man Of Steel was awful, I'm not complete against Snyder.

So I put on the Extended Cut with a bit of optimism.

Thanks a lot, you fucking cunts. Three hours of my life pissed away on possibly the worst movie I will see this year. Jesus christ, I didn't know a major studio could release something this utterly horrendous.

I'm gonna stop short of blaming Snyder entirely though, because I'm sure Goyer is probably more than 50% responsible for this mess.

I know it's an unpopular opinion around here but BvS might be the best movie of the year, way better than Shitvil War
BvS had more than just quips, Snyder really humanises Superman is a way that most movies don't.
Are you guys excited for Justice League like I am? Call me a DC fanboy but it might just be a better movie than Suicide Squad.

No I hate the full movie and everything Zack Snyder makes.

He's the jock who takes a photography class to get out of doing real work and nothing more.

>single shot

Literally kino.

It did?

The theatrical must have been nigh on incomprehensible.

Pretty much.

Anyone got the rocket rescue webm?

>joker and harley quinn makeup on all the people

What does this mean?

does it upset you when the hulks pants are able to grow with him when transforms in marvel movies?

They explained it before. His strength's the same logic behind his flying, by vibrating the molecules around him or some shit.

it's a Day of the Dead festival.

skeletons arent clowns

>day of the dead was Zack Snyders first flim

What could it mean?

but they are inside you.

So he vibrates thousands of tons of mass away? Don't be fucking ridiculous. This scene only exists because some fucker (Goyer) thought "ooh wouldn't this be neat" and some idiot (Snyder) said "yes"

dont spook me

You're criticising the physics of a film were the super character can wear a pair of glasses to remain anonymous in the internet age.

That's literally just two shitty movies though. You don't M A R V E L having to release longer cuts of their movies.

The script is fucking awful. It's literally Transformers level of terrible. People on here act like all the bad dialogue, cheesy scenes, lame characters, the worst fucking editing I've ever seen (yeah, in the unlimited edition too), and a mountain of plot holes, don't matter because Snyder tried to add biblical symbolism ('cause that's such a fucking original idea).

christ calm down. People like the film, deal with it.

christ calm down. People don't like the film, deal with it.

It's totally different. It's not just physics, it's physicality. There's not a decision made on this movie that wasn't in poor taste.

>mad that they put in a classic Silver Age Superman moment in the movie just because it doesn't obey the laws of physics

Literally autism.

>That's literally just two shitty movies though. You don't see M A R V E L having to release longer cuts of their movies.

/Thread

thats quite a funny comment because its obvious youre very angry about this.

HaHa, well played, friendo, but me thinks it is you who is the mad one!

He didn't, the funeral and death had 0 impact, as soon as the camera showed the coffin I knew the scene would end with some sudden movement/event that imples he's alive in some capacity.

why didn't the sun regen his hairline?

Literally nothing wrong with this scene.

>I literally fucking cried
>How did snyder do it?
>How did he make capeshit so powerful?

People thinking this isn't b8

>tfw Justice League will just have his gravesite vibrating for 2/3 of the movie until he comes out at the end to fight the band steppenwolf

same reason it didn't burn his suit.
he wasn't nuked at all, just turned into a zombie and back for no reason

>Realistically, he would have to be exerting tons and tons of force on the ground below him to pull that thing.

Except you're talking about a man that can fly. Meaning that the force he needs could actually be counteracted by the force he uses to fly.

Imagine you could fly and you want to pull something heavy forward. Instead of just relying on pure force you'd try to fly it upward somewhat to counteract the downward force.

>martha
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA

Wonder Woman should have killed Doomsday.
Superman's death was stupid and unnecessary.

We're dealing with a serious memester here.

Yeah, I found that pretty awkward.

>ONLY SUPERMAN CAN DO THIS HE'S THE ONLY SUPERPOWERED HERO

>Wonder Woman standing there going toe to toe with Doomsday

>COME ON SUPERMAN YOU CAN DO THIS

This. On every BvS and MoS threads I can notice how plebs try to bring in unwanted stuff and still get BTFO'd by answers within the movie. I know there are few plot holes in the movies but that's bearable considering the themes played out.

she had him lasso-ed with her magic rope I think. All the hits she did to him were only at foot level

Their mothers share a 1st name, what did marvel mean by this?

True

Why didnt he just throw the spear as well? He's got super strength, wouldve thrown it pretty hard.

This movie has definitively ruined Superman for the DCEU. Now that he has died and will come back there's really no more dramatic tension whenever he shows up anywhere. He will literally be Doctor Manhattan. If he can't be killed anymore then he has no threats and there is no reason for even a Justice League when he can basically do everything himself.

>Marvel taking any shots when Ghostrider 2 exists
I'm dyin' lads

She didn't have to hold him with the lasso.

She was able to cut Doomsday's hand off no problem. She was the only one who was able to hurt Doomsday at all.

That's fox, not the mcu cuh

No, it's much worse than any Transformers film.

It's one of the most perplexing mainstream films ever released. It's amazing to think someone ticked the box and let them start filming on this.

Snyder isn't a bad director. I can't imagine anyone being able to make this train wreck work.

Good grief you people are willfully acting stupid or just legit left behind from the train.

I can't even bother to post the pasta as to why this complaint is stupid.

The naysayer shitposting against this film includes stupidity that goes to ridiculous lengths acting ignorant of what we've seen

thats splitting hairs really, and spiderman making jabs about reboots until its right is hilarious

Warner's is just trying to get through this shit as quickly as possible for the inevitable reboot.

Zod and Man Of Steel were a Part 2, and this should have been Death Of Superman.

It's like they realized after MOS they'd fucked up, and now they just want to wrap the DCEU up really quick and start again.

Snyder really wanted Superman to die. Fuck logic.

Wonder Woman should have killed the monster with the spear.

>Can't be killed.
Except he dies twice in BvS, he can most certainly be killed.

And death has no copyright on central conflict.

Plus, if you have Wonder Woman save Superman, you give an even more legit (and less edgy) reason for there being a need for a Justice League, because it shows that they all need each other. It would've also subverted audience expectations with it being Doomsday and all. Honestly would've been a much better ending, imo, that would have setup a lighter tone going into Justice League.

His deaths are meaningless because of how temporary and transparently used for dramatic effect they are.

Spoiler that shit, faglord.

Neither Clark or Batman know anything about Diane/WW until they see her trading blows here and there with Doomsday. Who knows if she could drive it through him at this point?

And guess WHO is keeping Doomsday LOCKED DOWN so Superman can drive a spear through him? Oh my, ain't that Diana's rope? He'd be jumping around otherwise (which we are shown EARLIER, he really likes to JUMP AND MOVE)

And besides, the spear is with Clark and there's the Doomsday and there really is no time to plan this thing in heat of the moment.

Both of his deaths had meaning. The first one was a 'smaller' in its narrative, changing Superman (essentially a rebirth of sort) and the second one changed the entire world.

Again, death has no copyright on central conflict.

>Using the same henchman fight choreographer as the batman movies
wew

What a shitty fight scene, guy kicks out his leg and then quickly slides it back to do his flip, doesn't flow properly with batman's swing motion.

other guy stumbles over him

then that other douche just drops to his knee

I had seen Dark Knight Returns so I know the one who dies is going to rise again. Even on second viewing it still didn't take the emotion out of it. It was the best capeshit ending of all time.

He loses his super strength while near the spear though.

Yeah the warehouse is better choreographed, single take fight scenes ain't easy.

Without kryptonite doomsday just regenerates.

That doesn't render his death meaningless. Both times it has a meaning for the story and the narrative.

>I know the ending, the journey doesn't matter
"no"

>She was able to cut Doomsday's hand off no problem. She was the only one who was able to hurt Doomsday at all.
lol and then Doomsday groves his fucking hand back like its nothing