What are these for?? (legit question)

What are these for?? (legit question)

wiping

Disposable dishrag

wiping what

It's a roll of dish cloths, like chux and shit.
Used to wipe things down.
Found commonly in a kitchen.

this might be a stupid question but don't they have non disposable ones

You use the disposable ones to wipe down the benches, tables etc.. Then use the ones you wash and reuse to wipe them down afterwards, if wiping down a surface where food is prepared or served on.

But these rolls of them are always disposable ones, that's why they come in bulk. That and you'd also use these with gloves and strong chemicals. Because while these would be unusable afterwards, they are designed to be thrown away. You wouldn't use a cloth to wipe down an oven you just covered with and oven and grill cleaner, you'd ruin the cloth.

im confused, why not use papertowels?

probably things that can be wiped

flimsy and are mostly used for when you spill water or juice or something and wanna clean it quickly

Shop towels? I use them around the garage and for diy stuff.

these are more durable than paper towels and more expendable than cloth rags

this thread

this is the most civilized thread today

Paper is far more disposable than these, much more useless too. These can at least be wrung out and used again if wiping down a really wet surface, or you can use about 5-10 paper towels.

Paper Towels are generally used where I work for the staff to dry their hands before they touch plates, utensils or go back out onto the floor to serve people. Disposible Dishrags are used for the benches, tables and cleaning strong chemicals off equipment.

Also if you use a paper towel on something like over and grill cleaner, after one wipe there won't be much paper towel left.

LOL thanks auto correct

ahh i getcha
finally i understand
i am at peace with the world
thank you friend
just one other thing what type of chemicals are so strong you need a disposable rag for them?
are we talking about regular kitchen cleaners here?

loooool
wtf is orange cleaning agent

Like the Oven and Grill cleaner I'm talking about that is used where i work has a PH (acidic level) of either 9-10 or 1-2 (5=neutral, 10=Dangerously acidic, 1=Dangerously Alkaline).

When exposed to a hot surface, enough to make it steam, it releases a fume that not only smells and tastes (it's thick in the air) disgusting, but if you breathe in too much it can actually burn holes in your lungs, small ones but they are holes.

And as a liquid it burns through skin and if you get it in your eye you'll go blind unless you manage to wash it out in time. As bad as bleach probably.

As for regular kitchen cleaners like dish liquid and sanitizes I'd recommend the rags, just because they won't tear after the first 2 wipes.

holy shit
ok, so i dont really use those type of cleaners so im not sure if i need them
i guess i will get them for wiping up like water or something like you said

This is all about compliance and fucking inspections and gov bullshit. We have to use this to clean some shit in a restaurant because someone made it mandatory. Not even better than a random rag or some paper towels. But we have to use it and trow it away to be "clean".

ive seen it in houses too

You probably use dish liquid then, it's what you use to wash the benches, it's safe and everything. The oven and grill cleaner is only used for the over and grill and you're not meant to put it on a hot surface because of the fumes. Doesn't stop the chefs from wanting to run out the door at the end of shift.

They are good because you can use one rag for every surface in a kitchen, then throw it away. Saves the costs if you tried that with a paper towel.

Don't have to use them, we do because it makes the job of keeping the kitchen clean easier and more cost effective. Paper towels or a clean-ish rag would do to wipe down a counter, just can't use the cloth rag for food stuff afterwards because it's unhygienic.

Also, can be used to wash the dishes if a steel wool isn't available (for whatever reason). Good to have a roll or two as back-up no matter the situation.

i heard steel wool makes scratches tho

It does, but you're meant to use steel wool on trays and stuff like that where a few scratches mean literally nothing. Can also be used on metal surfaces if something is really stuck on. The scratches are mostly just visual, like not even a mm deep.

So steel wool is used for heavier cleaning and the disposable rags are best used for plates... if you don't have a dishwasher+Spray hose which just makes the job super easy.

Disposable dishrags for plates, surfaces and lighter cleaning I should have put.

This. particularly good for cleaning/absorbing oil

They're used in auto shops for grease, I don't know why the fuck all these autists are saying dishes.

hmm
what would you say is the best way to handwash, without a dishwasher, just in a regular kitchen though
reusable rags right?
the kind you can wash in the washing machine

Because they are also used in kitchens, I'm speaking about my experiences with them, as are you.

Yeah, the reusable rags are good for that, don't need to wash them in a dishwasher though. In a home kitchen i'd say you could reuse a single rag for about 3-5 days before it'll start to look unclean.

You can also use washing sponges for home stuff, will usually have a soft side and a rough side, the rough side won't be as rough as steel wool so it won't scratch the plates but will be enough for food that's become stuck on a plate. And the sponges usually last anywhere from 2 weeks to about 2 months depending on what you're washing with it and if you clean it after washing (run it under cold/hot water). But try not to put the washers into the washing machine, there's not much point in it, will probably make them break down faster if anything.