I was recently diagnosed with bipolar II disorder...

I was recently diagnosed with bipolar II disorder. Took a while to diagnose because mania didn't come into play until recently. I feel like my life is ruined. Had a manic episode and spent way more money than I had in my account.

I can't control my impulses anymore. I eat garbage food, I sleep too little or too much, and I take on stupid projects I know I can't accomplish. If it gets out that I have this, I will likely be ineligible to practice in my field.

Should I suicide to prevent being a burden on the system?

no. attempt medication in combination with therapy first. the therapy is essential for at least 2-3 years from my experience...

My insurance is so shit that I have been paying out of pocket for everything for the past few months. I can't really afford to keep doing it.

I feel so honestly fucked over

nah man
it sure does suck big time, but it is treatable

Got diagnosed as bipolar when I was 14. Im only in college now, but what field are you in?

I'm a 2L in law school. If they find out I'm bipolar, I'm not sure I will be admitted to the bar. They don't like mental health issues

Bipolar disorder is a sham!

I'm not sure what you mean but I'm really open to hearing about it. Feeling pretty desperate at this point

Only people who have never dealt with it say that.

Cheese your way through that shit my dude. To get through highschool I smoked a ton of pot. Im not going to school for anything nearly as white collar as law, so I don't know how hard or how much time you have to commit to study, but I'd say meds, pot, and a therapist.

I had a whole thing typed up but

tl;dr see your fucking therapist and buy the meds on the black market

Concerning the pic, these folks did a redeemable thing by eliminating themselves. It's only a shame they waited as long as they did.

The problem isn't exactly studying. I think I'm a quick cycler so I get as much done as possible during those times. I actually have pretty good grades. The problem is that you have to pass a "character & fitness" exam to get admitted. Some states, like mine, you have to admit if you're mentally ill or seen a psychiatrist, and if you did, they do an inquiry and sometimes don't like you practice

don't *let you practice

What's it like being a retard OP?

cringe

Fucking lie lmao, what could happed? They dont let you practice because they found out you lied? Unless its like illegal lying seems like the way to go.

>retard
>/b

Get on meds nigger. Science.

This is good advice. I thought law students were comfortable with ditching morality in favor of legality?

Kill yourself kike faggot

an hero? nah man just live like a motherfucker that don't give a shit. Normies and healthy fucks don't know what they're missing. Some people are not made for a boring life and it's no problem with that.

Definitely, they won't let me practice. But I guess you're right, lying would work so long as none of my behaviors reveal anything suspicious. I'm concerned about the official diagnosis but I have no idea if they can get access to medical records or not

Okay. Listen.

No.

I have schizo affective disorder. It originated from bipolar disorder. If you can, request max venlafaxine. Max lamotrigine. And smoke a blunt when you need to. I've been waking up on time. Feeling great, even if I only had 3-4 hours of sleep. And I was okay. Happy at times. I sort of adopted a habit of laughing at every bad thing that happens. It makes life a lot more entertaining.

How old are you? Be honest.

Have some tits.

Bipolar disorder is a bitch really, but it's not the end of the world. Got diagnosed bout ten years ago, tried pretty much everything to avoid drugs with no luck, been taking it for six years now and I regret not starting sooner, it makes you lose weight, so you can eat pretty much everything without regret and gives a pretty awesome buzz when you drink, that's a win win in my book. Sure you got take that shit for the rest of your life but who cares? We're all on drugs anyway

What does it do? How does it make you feel? I was on Lexapro for a while and it made me freak the fuck out and become seriously absentminded, switched to Wellbutrin and I freaked the fuck out, now tapering off Wellbutrin, psychiatrist prescribed nothing.

I'm 21, all of this is recent. Was depressed for most of my teenage years, recently progressed to this

I'm the user from
Lexapro fucking sucked. It makes you manic on purpose because it's an anti depressant that cause stomach problems. It was essentially a sugar pill for your brain.

I over reacted on it and started bawling my eyes out on the road and got into an accident.

Do you believe you have adhd? Or OCD?
Also, do you live in a state that offers cannabis?

(Sorry, habit. I realize I'm talking to you like a customer)

OP. When I went on the Lexapro I started doing weird AF things. Laughing constantly, no matter what was said—just laughing at random phrases. I cried a lot, got furious a lot, contemplated killing myself and killing my psychiatrist. I bought materials to kill myself. Posted nudes online. I just felt like I was in a roller coaster in the fog.

It takes some time to find the rest medicine for you, but you pretty much don't feel anything, you just stabilize really, most of your problems will remain since you already get used to then, your practically learns to be like that, but eventually, with the right medicine you can be "normal" speak with your psychiatry, try some medicines till you find one that fits you, just avoid the ones that make you to "happy" those can fuck you up

Any time we are talking about a personality disorder it is always subjective. This disorder is relatively new, and while that doesn't argue conclusively against it, it does open it up to questioning. No person alive has never had bouts of depression, that may be classified as manic, and changes in mood, or perhaps, over all personality. Labels, although they have their necessary and practical applications, are something to be weary of.

Ive only had bad experiences with lexapro. Weight gain, was the big one. I also had a suicide attempt that landed me in the hospital while taking that shit, though that coulda been unrelated.

Switched to Seroquel started at 50mg, upped to 200mg, made me anxious and and irritable after it wore off.

Not sure about the ADHD part. I'm recently extremely absentminded. I complained about it several times and I'm pretty sure that it was the Wellbutrin. I had problems with focus before but at least I could hyperfocus when I needed to.

Yeah but only for certain physical conditions.

Sry for my writing, kinda high right now kek

Are you going to be a lawyer for the Secret Service or something? They can't access medical records without your consent or if you're showing signs of doing something illegal what fucking Lionel Hutz horseshit law school are you going to?

Marilyn was murdered.

Well, they can request medical records. I'm pretty sure they can't access without consent, but it's either "they get your medical records" or "you don't get licensed."

I know what you mean. I'm a law student now that is developing a contract for the DNC (liberalfag). I was dead broke. I insist that you learn from other people's mistakes instead of making them yourself. Now that you know you have bipolar disorder take advantage of it. Avoid anything that can possibly make your life hell by live it to the point that you can be happy.

I adopted this lifestyle.
I have a gf and she's on the birth control patch. You gotta find someone who is as crazy as you are because they will know how to handle you when you freak. So no kids. Obviously.
Stay factual and objective. Whenever I freak I tell myself in my head, "objectively speaking, what is going on here." I sort of snap out of it and tell myself I'm acting life an idiot by practical fact. It makes the process a lot quicker.
Exercise. Pretty bitches will boost yourself esteem. So your standards will be met, eventually.
Stay focused. Honestly. I mean anything. I found out that I had to drink a shit ton of alcohol to fucking study. Same goes for adderrall and pot. Just be healthy in response to this advice.
Be happy but be considerate. I'm serious. Friends will come. In order to not freak them out just tell them before hand that you're going to do something stupid.

I'm 24. It took 2-3 years to get where I'm at now. The biggest thing is to be patient. And that's going to suck.

No TL;DR for you.

Nigga your brain is working fine big pharma wasnt making enough money so they paid some doctors off to broaden the diagnostic symptoms of schizophrenia, ADHD, bi-polar disorders and autism, they then paid a significant number of writers in various news and entertainment media to inundate and increase the awareness of these conditions and banked on the innate human psychomatic and hypchondriac traits, you making this thread is proof that it worked. The whole fucking thing was a scare job to push more pills.

Psychosomatic

I'm sorry I don't mean to coach you, but do you mind if I instruct you on some shit that will straight up work for someone in your situation?

OP: I think I'm going to go off all meds entirely, and psychiatrists, just to be safe. I don't want to take any more medication. I think it makes me worse, rather than better. I was miserable before it, but worse with it.

The pysch is going to pitch a bitchfit, but I don't care. I hate the guy. If I killed myself, I would want to make sure he loses his license.

Sure. Anything would help. I knew how to deal with depression but this is new, I'm constantly out of control.

Also, any recommendation on how to stop spending money too. I say "no more spending money" and then I spend more, like it's out of my control...but I know it's not...

Dude no.
It's going to be an emotional roller coaster. You just gotta be patient.

CANCER

For real man. That's just life. Just change the spending to shit for yourself. That way you're making an investment. Instead of buying vidya I just starting buying clothes. Instead of buying junk food I bought water and non caffinated drinks.
Oh yeah that's the biggest thing. No caffeine. Absolutely none. It reduces the fast thinking. Go ahead and drink a Sierra mist, fanta or sprite.

Download an app called LEAFLY.
Sign up. And on the left hand side there should be a tab that says "explore strains"
There will be some options for you to look at.
Lift your spirits
Stay productive
Motivate the mind.
Read up on the options of strains.
It'll show you the stats. Look for the ones that say "relaxed" and "happy"

The reason I tell you all of this is because it sort of becomes an aide to the meds. No more nausea. No more mood swings. No more feeling trapped.

It sounds like you have the same issues I did.
Ask for lamotrigine and venlafaxine.

Not to rush you but the thread is going to die if you don't respond soon

Sorry dude, I was off doing some weird shit. Thank you for the advice. I will download the app, but I'm not sure about the meds. I'd like to quit them, I don't like feeling like I need them, but I understand why people take them. I'll definitely think about it though.

Good luck user.

Checked BTW.

Also. If you have a change of heart. Just write down the names of the meds.

some meds are cheap as fuck. im bipolar II and take klonopin, lamictal, and effexor, and the total per month without insurance is less than $100.

venlafaxine and lamotrigine is where its at. also i need cloaprizam for anxiety.

OR. Or.... he can have some pot. Lol