My dad's in the hospital getting evaluated because his memory has suddenly degraded out of the blue...

My dad's in the hospital getting evaluated because his memory has suddenly degraded out of the blue, doctors finished all tests but we won't have any results until tomorrow. He's been there for two days, i'm not religious but i made a promise that if he's good and nothing serious comes up i'll never drink alcohol,smoke weed or any type of drug again i haven't since. Have any of you ever made a promise like this that has paid off or am i doomed to become a junkie if my dad's health goes down the drain. I don't know what to think guys we never got along from my age 12-20 until about two years ago and even then it's been all small talk. I just don't want it to end like this guys

>never drink alcohol

>smoke weed or any type of drug again

so you've become a faggot

if that's what it costs to keep my father healthy sure, it makes me very sad thinking about never really getting to know my dad until this happens

>i'll never drink alcohol

ya old man ain't worth it, everything dies.

what makes you think drugs and alcohol were the reason his memory degraded.your probably some liberal faggot who likes to blame shit like that on the problem instead of taking responsibility for yourself

i'd feel this way if i knew him well and didn't have his memory go to shit when we were at odd ends
nothing, just something i'd like to believe in, have you ever lost somebody close not seeing eye to eye before shit hits the fan. it's a bad feeling

>just something i'd like to believe in
just drink, smoke, fuck hookers, and trust that jesus has got your back

that will be the course of action if all else fails, don't think i can live with myself knowing i never made amends for being a shit kid and giving my father a hard several years

You're at bargaining, mate. Acceptance will come soon enough.

>i'd feel this way if i knew him well and didn't have his memory go to shit when we were at odd ends
here's a story, take from it what you will.

>mom is drunk and fighting with dad
>mom says "hey user he's not your dad"
>i was 14
my dad will always be my dad, don't forget that.
>mom wut?
>I fucked someone else and that's not your dad
cut to my 30th birthday
>find bio dad on fb
he was my dads friend, sorry i'm drunk, i called this dude uncle when i was a kid and he knew he was my father.
>anyway, fb message him we need to grab a beer and talk.
at this point i really just wanna know him and know where i came from, also have a brother and sister iv'e never met.
>he replies "i'm out of town, try me again in 2 weeks"

deleted fb, and never looked back.

that's just my unique experience and wanted to vent. it's most likely different for everyone.

so, do what you think is best.

I hope your dad is okay user :(

>i'm out of town, try me again in 2 weeks
that hurts user, hope it hasn't affected you too bad

You're making a deal with the devil OP. If you fail to hold up on your end of the deal, your dad will die in his sleep.

Be very careful.

It's a small chance, but try asking his doctors about his iron levels. Symptoms can be very similar to dementia/alzheimers.

like i said i never looked back, i even had to ask my dad "the one that raised me" how to spell his last name and he was pretty cool about it, basically said do what you need to do.

i'm honestly glad he showed his true colors in one message other than dragging anything out, fuck it. i have a family.

>Your dad's gonna die before New Years.

>Symptoms can be very similar to dementia

so i should assume my gf and every other woman on the planet has an iron imbalance ?

not dementia, i think the only thing doctors said that i forgot to mention was he had some scarring in brain

>trips have spoken

I am glad that your family isn't black.

>i just found out how to green text but didn't lurk long enough to know it's primary use.

>everything dies.
isn't that the fucking truth!

why cry?

we done?
that's it?