Why do people celebrate Christmas if they don't believe in Jesus? Just a thought?

Why do people celebrate Christmas if they don't believe in Jesus? Just a thought?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQhAzK3TbNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cause they want shit

Why do people fap to traps if they aren't gay? Just a thought?

Cultura inheritence, Christianity dominated the West for 2000 years, it's going to leave a mark.
Until either liberals destroy the old ways or Islam becomes more dominant.

We still celebrate Halloween even though we know ghosts and shit aren't real. It because it's an excuse to party and drink, or if kids, get free shit. It's a win/win.

Food,, just saying

The Winter Solstice familia

Just saying what?

cuz christian religion has little to do with xmas. Hell, Xmas was illegal in the US for a long time until immigrants brought it over with them in the 19th century.

Why do lonely faggots post facebook photos of random girls and say "rate my gf"?

Because its never been a Christian Holiday... Christians adopted the old "julfest" from the germanic tribes... Jesus was said to be born in march until ~ 400 years after his death...

You guys do know Christmas is a pagan holiday, right? It's just got adopted by Christianity. Like many other aspects.

Why do people need a reason to do anything? They're just going to die anyways.

Just eat shit OP

This. Go suck an erecting turtle dick OP. You fucking fruit

>implying christmas is a christian holiday
Yes and halloween is about costumes and candy

Gifts, you fucking idiot

Christmas isnt about Jesus anymore. Christmas is for anyone who wants it, now it's about the glory of a consumerist society, of course if you still want the jesus parts then by all means celebrate that too for me it's just a nice time of year where all my family is together and we have a good time no religious nonsense for us

reminder Jesus was born around june not in December

because christmas was celebrated by pagans and the romans ?

North America and early American didn't celebrate Christmas for a long time. It was even considered against the law to celebrate the holiday because in Europe it was a holiday of decadence. So the early Puritans outlawed it because it had nothing to do with Christ. Even Saint Nicholas beat up someone he believed to not have faith at the Council of Nicaea. Anyways it just boiled down as a holiday to indoctrinate pagan followers into the Christian faith so it really doesn't matter what you are or believe because it is a amalgamation of many beliefs and is really just a western culture celebration.

I don't believe in any forms of religion and think they are absolute BS. I celebrate christmas a time to get together with family and friends and exchange gifts. Here in Finland it doesn't even have a religious name: Joulu

youtube.com/watch?v=LQhAzK3TbNU

Christmas isn't christian

OP here. i'm not a faggot

why do you celebrate valentines day if no one loves you?

Christmas hasn't been about Jesus in a long fucking time.

why do you care? u r the otaku kid alone on the family xmas party, noone likes you

OP, I celebrate Newton's birthday

ITT: Teenaged Philosophers

Hivemind.

Literally.

Because you feel like a complete dickbag if you don't celebrate Christmas, even though the bronze age heeb goat herders probably got it wrong, mostly because of the gift-giving nature of the season.

Presents, fuck family

>celebrate Christmas if they don't believe in Jesus?
Jesus wasn't born in December.
People have been celebrating the Winter Solstice for thousands of years before Jesus was born.
The Catholic Church made Christmas right on the solstice to steal attention away from pagan celebrations.
The "reason for the season" is that although it's winter, it's early enough that most people historically still had lots of stored food at this time of year, and it's party time before the lean times ahead.
Oh, and the days stop getting shorter, too.
Even in colonial America, Christmas was a time to get drunk and fuck that milkmaid that's been giving you the eye all year, not so much a celebration of the birth of some Jewish carpenter's kid.

I don't

I celebrate the winter solstice, which has been celebrated for thousands of years before the alleged birth of Jesus.

/thread

/thread