Do you guys believe in global warming?

Do you guys believe in global warming?
I watched a video of Ben shapiro talk about it recently, and was surprised that both he, and a lot of Americans (about 30%) don't think it exists. This surprised me, because i thought it was common knowledge, as it is here in the uk (similarly to evolution) Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx
huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/christ-second-coming-survey_n_2993218.html
climate.nasa.gov/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door_to_Hell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is evidence of short term changes from the normal since records have been kept in various places (hint, most places it's less than 300 years worth of data).
There is no proof that what is occurring now will make drastic changes in the long term climatology since there isn't enough data to prove it.
Is coal emissions and greenhouse gases bad? Yes, they are.
Is it hubris to think that we can change completely the climate by our pollution?
Yes, it is without proper evidence - which we will never see in our lifetime.
Core samples from various locations shows the Earth has been much hotter, and much colder, than our present interglacial ice age.

ITT: shilling for Exon

Huh, thanks user. So shouldn't we, just in case, or should we dismiss it as just changes. A solid 97% of scientists say it is a real and growing threat, and it is my main thing against Donald trump, though I prefer him to hillary, I think his stance on global warming is insane, if he sticks with what he's believed in the past.

You read his reply right?

Yes. American here. But America and Australia are generally backwards when it comes to accepting climate science. Or evolution.

42% do not believe in evolution gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx
47% of americans think the rapture means they do not need a retirement plan. huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/christ-second-coming-survey_n_2993218.html
And then there are those who believe Trump will make a great president..

I think it should be looked at under the auspices of the immediate short and long term effects on people's and animal's health.
We know coal and other chemicals are known carcinogens that can lead to diseases and can effect the quality of our food supply in both plant and animal sources.
To ignore those ramifications of unfettered pollutantion is a disservice far beyond the possible long term climatological changes.

Pollution*
Thanks autocorrect

>This surprised me, because i thought it was common knowledge, as it is here in the uk (similarly to evolution) Thoughts?

Americans are 30% retarded. At least. Look who they made their new king.

Saying that humans can dig up a pile of coal the size of the Atlas Mountains and burn it, and then dig up a lake of oil the size of the Aral Sea (when it existed) and burn that, and somehow fail to change the composition of the atmosphere is actually the larger claim.

>your pic
>implying it was the United States of America prior to July 4, 1776 and not land up for grabs and only inhabited by dirty injuns

Ha Ha!! Global climate change is science. You don't have to "believe" in science, because science either proves its assertions to you, or shows you those assertions are wrong.

Has the atmospheric temperature increased? Yes. Have the polar ice caps diminished in size? Yes. Are the sea levels rising? Yes. These things are all measurably and demonstrably true - as predicted by climate scientists studying the science of climate change.

U do need to believe in Santa or religion or the comedy of Dennis Miller, because those things only exist because someone who wants to be an "authority" told you they exist.

>Do you guys believe in global warming?
>I watched a video of Ben shapiro talk about it recently, and was surprised that both he, and a lot of Americans (about 30%) don't think it exists. This surprised me, because i thought it was common knowledge, as it is here in the uk (similarly to evolution) Thoughts?

If you notice, there is noting happening out of the ordinary with the climate. People will tell you that in 20 years...50 years... 100 years.... something is gonna happen, but that date always gets pushed back.

The climate of this planet is fine. The oceans are not rising. Ice caps are not melting. Temps are not climbing.

The only thing out of control is the attempt to redistribute the wealth of the West to the lessor nations of the Earth. Which, BTW, is the stated goal of the IPCC.

>A solid 97% of scientists say it is a real and growing threat,
That 'fact' is not true at all. If you were honest about your rhetoric you would know that.

>as predicted by climate scientists studying the science of climate change.
no, it isn't as they predicted. They predicted 20 years ago that by now Venice would be underwater (a bit)...and it isn't.

Carbon insulates heat. Dumping tons of carbon into the air is obviously going to screw with the climate. Lots of people attempt to argue that our pollution only contributes a small amount of carbon compared to things like volcanos and such, but they fail to realize that these natural carbon emissions are a part of a cycle known as the carbon cycle, which is mostly in equilibrium in terms of how much carbon gets put into the atmosphere and how much gets taken out.

Think of having a pool and a resevoir of water that are connected by two pumps, each one pumping equal amounts of water from one into the other at the same rate, giving it an equalibrium. Now take a bucket and start dumping more water into the pool but not the resevoir, and you'll notice that the pool and resevoir fall out of equalibrium as the pool slowly starts to overflow. The buckets of water is a metaphor for our man-made carbon emissions that builds up to the point where the carbon cycle is no longer able to cycle all of the carbon back out of the air, so the atmosphere winds up slowly getting saturated with excess carbon. And again, then, since carbon acts as an insulator as I mentioned before, the climate is going to continue changing slowly because of this.

>Has the atmospheric temperature increased? Yes. Have the polar ice caps diminished in size? Yes. Are the sea levels rising? Yes. These things are all measurably and demonstrably true - as predicted by climate scientists studying the science of climate change.

No! Atmospheric temperatures have not increased. You only see an increase if they massage the numbers to make them support the theory. The reality is, based on satellite temperature data, there is no rise in temperatures.

No! The polar ice caps have not diminished in size. The Ice Caps have always been know to fluctuate in size and shape. This is normal. The caps are fine.

No! Sea levels are not rising. Please show me where you think they are....

No! Not one 'prediction' by anyone jumping of the AGW bandwagon has come to pass. Not one.

>things like volcanos

Why is it that when a Volcano blows temperatures go down for a few weeks?

If carbon can insulate heat it will also keep heat out.

A solid 97% of statistics are made up on the spot.

It's not about denying its existence. It's about just going with it, earth has gone through more drastic climate changes over the years, without human help. You can't stop it, stop caring.

climate change is hoax made up by jew kings to steal our money and freedom.

climate.nasa.gov/

I understand what people have against NASA and their ties to government. But they do give research, arguments, facts, and reasons for the change.

The science of the cause and effects are there, and the chemical reactions of chemistry should lead people to believe climate change.

The thing is that climate change doesn't need you to believe it for it to happen, but I'm in the same boat as the people who don't care about the evidence, and care more about agendas.

muh taxes and muh economy won't matter if you gamble with the planet it relies on

>That 'fact' is not true at all. If you were honest about your rhetoric you would know that.
You are suggesting that more than 3% of scientists are ex tobacco shills who are now shilling for a new cause?

humans can't change climate its impossible no matter what u say.

The sane way to look at this is that the 97% always mentioned is a statistic indicating that almost all scientist think there is a connection between global warming and human activity. A direct link can't be proven because the processes involved are to complex and chaotic. It's all a diversion from the fact that corporations are abusing our planet. Common sense and a feeling of responsibility tells us we need to take care of our planet just as we take care of our homes. That common sense and responsibility is absent in the driving force behind corporations: capitalism. Therefore: FUCK CAPITALISM.

You're right. but the argument here is that the evidence has shown that, since the industrial age, man has had an effect on the earth's natural climate change.

You can't stop climate change, that's natural. You can "stop" the change that humans are contributing

see We can stop what we're contributing for, what the data show, making things worse.

It does not exists... and the world was created 5000 years ago by God. Stop talking of nosense

You cant stop India and China

no you can't stop that. you can't stop the train. humans can't unite to do something so massive.

This shit is probably what's really making our earth hotter.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door_to_Hell

Ya I know Wikipedia is shit but it's just for background.

The thing I don't understand how people think that because they drive a Hybrid car and yell at people that drive pickup trucks that it's going to get better.

Well I have a study that puts the figure closer to 42 percent.

it has to start with someone. imagine this scenario

gasoline runs out. the what? who will be the leader in renewable energy? China has stepped up to the plate to take over America in renewable since Trump wants to reinstate coal.

not saying that Trump is doing the wrong thin, not my intention.

However who will be in charge once we run out? If America shows initiative others can, and will follow. Our energy supply is finite

So humanity doesn't need to unite, the change will be forced one way or another

>You are suggesting that more than 3% of scientists are ex tobacco shills who are now shilling for a new cause?

No I am saying that you can't say that 97% of scientists claim global warming when only 79 people answered a survey. The writers included the answer "I don't know" as a positive result to support AGW.

If you dig into the actual results only 3% of 79 people answered that they thought AGW was due to human activity. The vast majority answered 'I dont' know'

I think it has to with those kinds of people not being able to express that, it starts with little changes like how society views what they output.

But what can you do with dumb people who think they're smarter?

this is the new evolution debate thread. the creationism meme is too worn out for troll threads to be taken seriously, so they moved on the denying climate change.

It is common knowledge that the Earth's weather patterns fluctuate, yes

global wamring is a fucking myith OP

stop watching the fake news network

global warming is a hoax created by the chinese to devalue the american dollar!

>It is common knowledge that the Earth's weather patterns fluctuate, yes

Yeah, within a 10,000 year Intervall.

There's denying and there's critical thought, climate change is true, but the link with human activity is an entirely different story...

temps are climbing though. they have been since the industrial revolution. is this how people actually think? lol wtf

oh the irony

So i guess u r ignorant of the increase in frequency of flooding in Venice and ignorant of UNESCO World Heritage Foundation asking italy and the UN to do more to prevent Venice from sinking beneath the ocean.

i bet you think dennis miller is funny as well.