Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong...

Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.

Math has conclusively proven that God exists, so why do you foolishly choose disbelief?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUpidCc7wwY
youtube.com/watch?v=B5RtDpva7nE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God is in the big pieces

if there is a god, he'd be wise and all knowing and he'd certainly understand why folks don't believe in his existence with no proof

Even if he did exist and I knew that for definite I still wouldn't worship him. Don't fall for the religion cuckoldry.

without knowing what is beyond. no one can make that statement.

kind of like that cat in a box, but you don't know which state is the dead one.

because pascal was a cuck

and you can't take a cuck seriously

There are countless religions besides Christianity though. So I have to guess the right one? Try again, christcuck.

Who keeps posting this dumb shit every day?

Stay calm and wait on Moses for the best wave. Ever...

You could use this argument with any religion.

you do. so stop this shit faggot.

I've been waiting for over 2000 yrs for the most dope ass appearance. Ever

Why is the Never Ending Story connected to shitty apologetics? Is it funny? No, it's not funny.

I feel like if I clean my room the rest of my life will fall into place. And I love pizza

Stiff competition eliminated in 3..2..1..

if moth perfect and god proof then why is nuber/0 = ???

hahaha god is small and gey

Haha saved image

for the love of god commas faggot. it would help to read that..

>the pain in my head

Ah lahk ah way you tawk

if there's no god you wasted precious hours of your life for nothing, so if this is the only life you got the consequences are at least as dire so it's completely pointless arguing about it

if choosing not to believe in something nobody can proof is wrong i dont wont to be right

I'm glad that you understood that

If religious dogma isn't the basis for your belief in God, then you must admit that you have no idea what God's goals are or what he wants from you.
He's just as likely to torture you for eternity for believing in him. Maybe he wants you to sacrifice people to him, you have no idea.

The Judeo-Christian g@d made Dirt Man and Rib Woman, stuck a tree of temptation right in their midst and dared them to eat its fruit. Along came a walking, talking snake that told them the truth... They would NOT surely die (not right off anyway). Their eyes were opened and they got evicted. Thus, Section 8 Housing was born. Later, g@d got on the rag and drowned all but 8 of us. God is a Republican. Fuck G@d

>Pascal's Wager states--
that's where I stopped reading.

what is pascal isn't really that rich?

it's all a front for his illegal gambling ring and he's actually in huge debt!

I'm actually impressed that these threads have been going on for so long, and dumb faggots still respond.

Polite sage

WTF!

OP is a faggot.

Thank you

If Pascal is so smart how come he's dead?

Checkmate religion.

The problem atheists don't realize is that the Father is real, and really does attack people who disbelieve in his Son.
The only excuse you can have is that you thought another God told you it was a sin to believe in Jesus, which none do.
If you believe in Jesus you believe in his message. It is an entirely coherent and rational message which was purportedly supported by miracles.
God is definitely a viable threat to mankind.

Way to frame the question. No logical fallacies next time plz

There's like 4 other plausible religions but Christianity is the most likely.

what happens if the god that exists isnt the christian god?

what if pascal got it wrong, and the god that exists is an african tree god worshiped for a couple of years thousands of years ago?

Sage

It's been what, two years? You're still doing this with the same pics? What's your problem?

> Be me
> Made earth
> Bunch of idiots on the planet worship a non existant creator
> Over millions of years I grow to fucking hate these retards
> When they die, meet them individually for my research
> Can't help but punish those who worshipped a dumb entity
> Smile upon the intelligent life forms who admitted they didn't know the meaning of life, why would they?
> Put the idiots into a permanent hell reality I made as a school project
> Reward the clever with heaven, it's the least I can do

every religion is as likely as each other.

jehovah, allah, thor, anubis, bochica, zeus they are all equally possible,

You have to use abductive reasoning.

What is the most simple, elegant solution, supported by evidence, that also contains the strongest explanatory power.

Pascal's wager assumes that you will pick the correct God and the correct religion to worship them under.

What if you believe that god is malevolent?

Jesus sounds smarter than most other religions.
Muhammad stole much of Jesus's message to inspire believers.
To claim it is equally likely is to ignore the actual probability.

occams razor trumps pascals wager.

actual probabality? really?

enllighten me.

produce your "actual probability" calculations that shows the christian god is the most likely out of ALL the gods that have ever existed.

How can you claim to know what a being like a god really wills? May be he literally send all these books and wants you to reject them completely, can you tell me with 100% certainty that this cannot be a god's purpose?

People who think they can know what god wants are arrogant, probably sinners as well

>ever existed
Welp, that debate is over.

Sadly everything falls under Pascal's wager's jurasdiction

Why don't you worship Cthulhu yet? Frankly it sounds more terrifying then your so called abrahamic god

to call someone a sinner is to suppose the mind of god and assume the things they may consider sinful, which you have said only arrogant people do.

exactly. as no gods have ever existed, there can be no come back and the god fag cannot provide his "actual probabilities"

Well yeah, I have no such claims of a god, do I? I'm just ponting out the hypocrisy of the perspective of believers, not applicable to the rest

Pascal's wager assumes that the god you're attempting to worship doesn't exclude you for using logic as the sole purpose you worship him.

thats some typical fucked up beleiver logic right there.

im out......

why would god be such an asshole not to tell you that themselves? why do you have to rely on shithead meatbags on earth to tell you?

youtube.com/watch?v=JUpidCc7wwY

i totally believe in god but it's not the god you want. it doesn't love you and it's not interactive. there is no free will and the future is predestined and these threads are lame.

imagine a world without religion
>

No it doesn't you are just lazy

If you spend your life worshiping a god and following what ever crazy rituals and customs for no reason other then to maybe have a slight chance at getting in heaven then one you do not have faith and two you wasted your life doing shit you hate and thats the stupidist thing you could ever do.

Pascal wager is constrained to Catholic Religious context.

There have been more Religions where there is no specific negative consequence for unbelievers.

The wager is a tautological proposition

Not fit for tard bait

This
Pascal's wager doesn't take into account the fact that religion holds progress back, 100% of the time. I'd rather move forward and enjoy life than stay put and worship one of several thousands of possible "gods". Why are there several thousand? Well, the answer's fucking easy: different cultures had to make up some bullshit so you don't freak out when you figure out you're going to die. It also makes it easy to control the population.

So, you're really choosing between losing 100% of the time, or having a chance at enjoying life for what it is.

I do it purely to piss people like you off... I will die always rejecting the worlds religions idea of a god... so yeah fuck you OP

So when someone goes to heaven, what happens? You get to spend your life with God. Ok but what does that give someone? You don't take your body or personality to heave and just a spirit. So think of yourself as neutral as possible with nothing to hope for or look forward to and that's what some consider heaven. Shit even Islam gives virgins but you get litterally nothing for being Christian. What's the appeal that causes Christians to want to be Christian?

>Pascal's Wager states that it's smarter to bet that there is a God because if you are wrong, the consequences are not as dire as having incorrectly bet that there is no God.

Won't you still go to hell for pretending to believe in god just to get to heaven?

>Math has conclusively proven that God exists

Math is something that human brain has created because of his need of searching for formulas. Fact that math has proven existence of something that we can't feel, see or find doesn't mean anything. We think that god exists, because we can't understand randomness.

of course not, that would be mean

Because it's popular. 1000 years ago people got executed because they didn't want to become christians, so christians can't stand own rules from the very beginning.

Makes sense why you can map out religion geographical

youtube.com/watch?v=B5RtDpva7nE

Basically this, so, don't give a fuck.