Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel isn't realistic enough!"

>Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel isn't realistic enough!"

>A new character is introduced
>"Who's this guy?"

JUUUST

>Looper
>No internal or external logic about time travel
>They literally make up the rules as they go along and contradict previously established rules
>This is not a valid criticism for some reason

Looper was a shit movie because of its shitty time travel.

what if i told you backwards time travel is both impossible and internally inconsistent by its very premise

>Time Travel movie
>No Pre-destination paradox

My problem with Looper is they didn't even try.

You look at probably the most sound time travel movie, and that's probably 12 Monkeys. Are there still holes? Yes, but they really freaking tried and the movie itself is like 99% logically consistent.

This is a loaded criticism of a criticism though. When most people say that, what they're actually complaining about (but are bad at communicating) is that time travel is often inconsistent in how it's portrayed within individual films.

Like, it's a common occurrence that time travel movies will have both a preset closed loop where the character's actions are already accounted for, AND a "change the past to change the future" element, within the same film, even though those two things 100% contradict each other. In that case it's less a complaint about "unrealistic" time travel, and more about the movie being too lazy to follow the fantasy rules it invented, which makes the whole thing feel half-assed.

>Mention plothole or some mistake that violates internal consistency
>"Well there are some fantastic elements so how can you complain about realism lol"

Protip: The problem with Looper isn't its time travel

Not him, but yeah it was.

If someone wants to put time travel into their movie, they should do their research and base it around real theoretical physics... Or pull an Austin Powers.

>he fell for the JGL meme

>I like daenerys best

Its not, and I shouldn't even have to say what the problem with Looper was.

I'll give you a hint: It's not the actors

>someone criticizes a movie because it has outdated social constructs

>There's something about this movie that I don't like but you should also not like about it but I'm not going to tell you tee hee ;^)

Where did you find this image? It's legit hilarious. Also, quads absolutely deserve to be checked.

The special effects?

Maximum keks with this one

Motherfucking Deja Vu. That movie had both a closed time loop AND the main character changing the past. Explain that shit to me

Oh shit check out those quints

Jesus
Fucking
Christ

if the magic time travel doesn't cause a contradiction, it doesn't cause a contradiction. Its not lazy, its magic.