I found this helmet in my grandpa's attic can anyone tell me the type/era ?

I found this helmet in my grandpa's attic can anyone tell me the type/era ?

Other urls found in this thread:

combathelmets.blogspot.de/2016_01_01_archive.html
nyc-techwriters.com/militaria/czech_helmets.htm
ww2bloggermanhelmet.com/ww2_czech_m34_helmet_1939_pre_war_nice_original_german.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Civil war. Trust me, I have a PhD in history.

no, dummy.

that was worn by the canadians when they bombed pearl harbor during the french and indian war

PhD my ass

good post

Op dont be a total lazy newfag. Post at least 5 pictures of this helmet, all around and inside.

Hello user,
I am professor Goldstein, a professor at ITT Technical institute. I major in getting mad bitches yo, and a lot of money.
However, I have no money to go to college, and the only thing I am good at is eating pussy,
What you have there is a genuine Iraq War helmet, and should be turned in to your local monastery for detailed examination.
Thank you and please contact me at
[email protected]

Looks Napoleonic to me op. probably either spanish or italian.

Dude, do you even know how old this is?

Ita definately asian. Nazi Germany didnt use that type.

Perhaps it was used in a German-Sino Cooperation with that marking but the helmet looks Argentinian. Got any more pics?

holy shit, user...that bad boy belongs to a Somali warlord. it's worth some serious $$$$

how'd your gramps acquire it? he must've been one bad motherfucker

that's fake. the japs didn't use that kind of padding in their helmets during WWI. just toss it.

you (or your grandfather) are from the Czech Republic, OP?

His Presidential Excellency Martin King Juther Lunior's Royal Imperial Guard

samurai helmet. that's worth some serious scratch

Its got fucking hair inside of the paddings wtf

It's obviously a cheap copy made by the Chinese.

red dit com/r/whatisthisthing if you want reliable info

Weak bsit/10

i'm rick harrison and this is my pawn shop. this appears to be an authentic helmet worn by one of the knights templar. but just to make sure it's legit, i'm gonna call in an expert

We are american, i dont know gramp's entire backstory, he died while i was young

SS-SS Verfügungstruppe! This is the helmet current American helmets are modeled off of, interestingly enough.

It has fucking hair inside of the padding

Jew hair I bet!!! Holy shit!!!!!

Look for production stamp or markings inside and out

It's not even a helmet dude. It's a helmet shaped pubes trimmer with built in reservoirs.

Old enough to be photographed and posted on Sup Forums. Take more pictures asshole.

>Jew hair
Not out of the realm of possibilities.

Its also from nazi germany apparently

nazi. ww2.

timestamp or didnt happen!!!!!1

German helmets did not generally go for wearing a bullseye on their fronts.

No shit that's why I said it asshat

Normal for the time period. Well, for the earlier one really but hey. It's usually horse hair.

I would say Roman army or a replica of Darth Vader helmet, it's hard to say.

>be anongramps--Luxembourg. January, 1944
>battle of the bulge in full swing
>"Komm, wir müssen die feindliche Linie brechen! Für den Führer!"
>anongramps startled, drops clippers
>large clump of pubes fall to the ground
>"Schnitzl!" he curses
>he was going to line his foxhole with that
>pulls helmet on, notices something
>"doppeltschnitzl! I have worn the lining through!"
>looks at helmet
>looks at dirty frosty pubes
>looks at buddy
>don't judge me Hans I know you drink die Samenflüssigkeit"
>stuffs pubes in helmet
>as he lays dying realizes you will one day find his helmet
>knows that it will keep you warm

it's a fedora you dingus.

Side profile pic please

so edgy

combathelmets.blogspot.de/2016_01_01_archive.html

Yea curly horse hair

just take it to pawn stars?

You bring it out of me with your stupidity

Timestamp the jew hair, that's history right there

Seriously: the helmet style is not dissimilar to say Swedish and other smaller non-aligned countries' helmets as they were from the late 20s and up to the end of ww2. The liner and padding only confirms that. The front badge I have NEVER seen before. My primary guess is that some ass had a worthless helmet lying around and put the badge on to make it worth something or to play with. But without holding it my hands I am not happy at saying it is guaranteed worthless. What I can say is that no German soldier would have carried that into combat - he would have been shot by his own side by mistake long before he got close to the enemy.

Did you find numbers stamped or printed in there?

bro glue the jew hairs over your pubic hair

Shape is not right and no vent holes

Don't qoute me, but I'm pretty sure it's a Czechoslovakian helmet

fail troll

wearing this helmet would be better because people will actually recognize the nazi symbol on it,unlike the majority of people who see the other helmet

also could be just some novelty 1960's reproduction.

Can't find that Nazi logo style anywhere. Not looking good OP

pretty sure is this.

nyc-techwriters.com/militaria/czech_helmets.htm

You mean the badge, I assume? I can't think of a time period when anyone would have seen a point in replicating the steel helmet.

Gramps did serve in ww2, qgain, i dont know much, if any of the backstory

another user posted his grandads shit

Looks like 1932 with fake logo

History student here. I'm guessing it' either from Spanish civil war in 1938 or Spanish Wehrmacht division in ww2.

I concur that it looks a LOT like the Czech M34.

ww2bloggermanhelmet.com/ww2_czech_m34_helmet_1939_pre_war_nice_original_german.html

your grandpa was a Trump fan, nothing to worry about

yeah, pretty sure the helmet is the 1932 czech model, so either it is a reproduction entirely or it it's legit, the czechs mainly used the stahlhelm design after they got annexed, so I'm thinking it could have been in the militia or a reserve unit or something, either that or the czechs didn't have that many stahlhelms.

The logo is fake.

>Retards were gassed too.
RIP you and Trump.

Mhm. The thing is, if the helmet is the 32 or 34 one it DOES have a bit of collector value as ww2 memorabilia. Not much, but some. The decal looks really fishy but you'd need reference material to even make a guess on something this obscure.

The logo isnt fake, imprinted into the helmet

you take it to rick harrison yet?

Can't find it anywhere

Doesn't make it not fake

Fucking bait, this is obviously from the Mexican-American War.

dumbasses
this is the helmet obama wore when he defeated jesus christ during the hundred years war in the land of yugoslavia in 1812

The closest similar badge I can find is the one used by the Reichsluftschutzbund. Which is however not an impossible thing to be genuine.

Looks way too new

It's a reissued Czech m32, probably used by reichsbahn or some other such thing. When they took Czech they re used all the equipment they found.

No, Reichsluftschutzbund. I am certain now - they had several badge patterns and this one was one of theirs. That they would get helmets from the Czech loot is realistic enough. But I have never seen this specific pattern on any other helmet before which makes it either quite rare or a half assed faking attempt.