What's a good book?

What's a good book?

ive never read any of those ones so idk

1984. It's my favorite book

Dune.

Out of those? Gatsby and Harry Potter

You want to read some shit you'll never forget?
>The Andersonville Diary by John Ransom
>Ring of Bright Water by Gavin Maxwell
>Down and Out in Paris and London by Orwell
>This Blinding Absence of Light by Tahar ben Jelloun

>Books in other languages

English is such a limited language in terms of story telling and format. Learn French or German or Japanese and read the great thinkers work in their original languages.

>Yes this includes your boy pic related.

This.

Mother night dude
Vonnegut is my nigga

The Stranger by Albert Camus

Curious GEORGE

Just search the Amazon bookstore for whatever you're into dude.

Read the books. Read them all.

so bad that is real

From list: 1984
Also my recommodation is Fight club from Palahniuk, or anything else from him. Also Trainspotting by Welsh, The star rover by London, Malevil, by Robert Merle. Depends on your taste.

1984, then follow it up with Adolus Huxley's "Brave New World". Nice contrast of worlds.
Anything by Vonnegut is good.
Currently reading The Dunwich Horror. Interesting so far.
Frankenstein (or The Modern Prometheus) was great. The monster isn't the bumbling idiot the movies would have you believe. As far as a book goes that poses philosophy of what it means to be human, this is quite-worthy.

depends, what do you want from the book?
are you looking for a story, politics, philosophy, or something else?

Read this.
Very good horror/thriller.

I liked the movie more than the book when it came to Fight Club. The book was in a way more like the Anarchist's Cookbook with some pinch of plot stuck in there. Choke was marvelous though: book > movie for damn sure.

>Down and Out in Paris and London by Orwell
for the life of me ive never been able to find that in stock irl

Yes!

Also, Mortal engines

Go check out wind up bird chronicle its a japanese bildingsroman (a story about discovering purpose) each character whos introduced is given a backstory so its a story with many stories.

The Catcher in the Rye is amazing, but I'm sure a huge majority of people don't know "why" it's amazing. In my junior year of high school, in this grammar class I took, we were instructed to read something and stand up in front of the class and review it, talk about it, whatever. You know, a book report. I chose this book.
When I got up there I was like, "This book is basically about nothing."
My teacher gave me a nod of approval.
The lesson from that book is: Don't be like this guy.

1984 is a great love story.
The Great Gatsby is kind of boring.
Harry Potter is fantastic, obviously.

The first one's good.

The Fight Club movie is better than the book, even though the book is good.
Haunted is my favorite of his.

The Fountainhead is perfect.
House of Leaves is incredible.

This one's damn good.

If you like Star Wars, you can't go wrong with I, Jedi. It's better than the entire film franchise.

Takes place some time after Return of the Jedi, and centers around a man named Corran Horn, a Force-sensitive individual. His wife gets kidnapped, and he gets sent a Force vision about it that only a Jedi could undersatnd, meaning the kidnappers are hardcore enough to think they can take on a Jedi.

It's a great read, and my favorite Star Wars novel.

Mein Kampf

Its a bit hard to get into at first but its well worth it and the series only gets better

Worm (By Wildbow) It's a webserial started like 2 years ago that's online for free that's like a deconstruction of superheroes

The Ravens. The story of the men who flew in Americas secret air war in Laos. Will make you laugh, will make you cry, will make you smarter

Thoughts are things- Prentiss Mulford

All of the "Inspector Napoleon Bonaparte" books by Arthur W. Upfield. The Australian Sherlock Holmes.

the Travis Mcgee books by John Mcdonald. I think Burn Notice is loosely based off of these books.

I Am Pilgrim.

Clockwork Orange

not op, but I couldnt get past the first page of that shit. Its almost as bad as fucking Kurt Vonnegut. Bunch of shit that people go crazy over just bec. they've heard it was good.

And I read a fucking lot.