So I'm a 'recovered' alcoholic spending christmas eve 'relapsing' and smoking hookah. What are you faggots doing?

So I'm a 'recovered' alcoholic spending christmas eve 'relapsing' and smoking hookah. What are you faggots doing?

Why the relapse, bro?

It's Navy ordered. I got a DUI back in July. After a month and a half of in patient rehab (because anybody with an alcohol related incident is clearly an alcoholic), I have to go to weekly counseling and submit to random etg screening. I'm bored af, and I don't have to go to screening for the next 3 weeks so I'm kinda just enjoying being able to be myself for a bit.

What are you drinking?

beers, jeager, and tequila. What about you user?

I've been close to drinking tonight. Still may happen. Been off for a week.

Fuck, what got you off? I'm not here to encourage you, but as someone who has seen the inside of 'the rooms' and rehab...I know the difference between a court order and someone who really needs to abstain.

Go to a fucking AA meeting faggot. That's what im doing tonight.

Not being a loser faggot.

Enjoy being a loser faggot.

Fuck that.

I mean its probably better than being at home alone drinking. But whatever man. Stay safe and don't die.

Who said I was home and alone?
Thank you for honest concern though user.

Your welcome. I just got out of 7 months of rehab and have 6 months sober today. I'm 19 and I can say that my life is better beyond belief than it was only 6 short months ago. Today I not longer want to die everyday and have meaning relationships with my friends and family. I feel extremely blessed to be sober even thought their are those days where I want to drink or use. All I can say user is that if you ever want to stop drinking and live a different way, AA will always be their.

Nice. I'm glad you got better. I think most of my anger towards treatment and recovery is mostly because there's people on my ship and in my life who need it way more than me, and they just get the blind eye turned because they have rank.

Well user, While your grievances may be justified, you can't make those people stop drinking and right now all they are doing is taking up space in your head. The only person you can change is yourself, no matter how much more others may need too.

true. I managed to get one of my friends into meetings this week, I'm still kind of on and off though. I've read things about non-abstinence recovery programs, but they're far and thin here in the US.

Addiction isn't a disease, it is a choice. You're not relapsing. That shit is all propaganda designed to create customers. They say "you can't recover alone" like 12 times in the commercial. Anything to make you feel defeated and become in debt to them.

Like the Sinclair Method? I've been looking into that and it really interests me but Its not like I can even drink legally so its off the table till I turn 21. But yeah I feel you on how thin they are here. Anyways I gotta go to church, but Merry Christmas and take care user.

Take care user. Say hey to the J-man for me.

There are no dues or fees in AA.

your point?