Religion is the biggest lie humans fell for

Religion is the biggest lie humans fell for

the brain lies all the time user

Thanks for the tip, Satan.

there are some good things in religion

Must be news to you if you had to make a thread about it.

> (OP)
>Must be news to you if you had to make a thread about it.

Roasted

>there are some good things in religion

just making a post on christmas

edgy

the fun part is, even tho that image is just fedora agitprop, there is a profound mystical truth to it, one that is both practicaly impossible and terrifying to comperhend

>Religion is the biggest lie humans fell for

Capitalism has had it beat for the last 40 years and counting

No, you're talking about faith which is an incredibly powerful human trait experienced in times of extreme danger or near death experiences

When you use faith to tell people there's a guy in the sky and take money or control them then you have religion

Take it back

no user, thats not what im talking about at all

youre taking a naive and superficial view of things

there are aspects of reality we cannot easily understand, things that are invisible not because we dont have a strong enough microscope or telescope

these things are present even in a pile of dead bodies, as in a pile of living bodies, as in a pile of shit

there are things which are omnipresent, omnipotent, allknowing, things which are non-local, disembodied, out-of-time

these things effect us as they effect the material world in ways beyond our perception, they shift us like dust in the wind, crush us like insects, we are mere epiphenomena, mere manifestation

the unmanifested is the actual real, the rest is just a pile of corpses

>youre taking a naive and superficial view of things
It's called objectivity, it's the opposite of what you're pretending you're talking about.

>there are aspects of reality we cannot easily understand, things that are invisible not because we dont have a strong enough microscope or telescope
False, everything in our universe can be understood because our universe can and will only ever exist as we understand it. Objective reality can remain not understood, but our universe can't by definition.

>there are things which are omnipresent, omnipotent, allknowing, things which are non-local, disembodied, out-of-time
Conjecture

>these things effect us as they effect the material world in ways beyond our perception, they shift us like dust in the wind, crush us like insects, we are mere epiphenomena, mere manifestation
Edgy conjecture trying to sound philosophical

>the unmanifested is the actual real, the rest is just a pile of corpses
Just plain edgy nonsense

You're not profound, you're someone who doesn't understand what they're talking about. Go read a book on basic philosophy and another on the workings of mathematics as we understand it.
Either way stop talking out of your shitter to try and convince yourself you know what you're talking about

>implying you hold the answers to anything
>implying you're not a useless sack of shit human yourself
>implying you're not some sperglord spaz
>being this gay

Ishygddt

youll get it eventualy, it dosent realy make a difference any way

thats, and that people tell you as a kid that everybody has equal chances in life.

ofc not true with all the elitists and their monopoly on the world trade.

No dude, you're reaching out your ass. It's time to out down the psychedelics, McKenna

I think anthropology debunks religion. At least, it gives a pretty big certainty for religion being in our heads. I think it's pretty clear that when our ancestors became intelligent enough to be self-aware, we started reasoning about our dreams, and hallucinations caused by starvation, hypothermia, isolation, and consumption of hallucinogenic plants, on top of reasoning about a world we knew fuck nothing about.

Chimpanzees show proto-religious behavior, and religious experiences can be induced by stimulating a particular part of the brain.

>whoever has come to know the world has found a corpse and whoever has found this corpse, of him the world is not worthy

It's sad that so many people waste their lives by believing into fairy tales. If you use any logic in your thinking, you realize that all religions are utter bullshit. Sadly, people aren't usually logical.

Not him but you're clearly 12 years old

Yup. Everybody around u is retarded but u r too

Satan is a Christian concept fuknuts. How retarded are you?

thats funny cause contemporary science agrees with me even tho im 12

>bashes religion
>posts atheist massacre of a religious minority

Not all religious people take the magical parts literally

Seconding the 'Holocaust' yes

Everything happens in the brain, what's your point? Memories, happiness, our experience of reality, taste, smell...

Science like the Big Bang (thought up by a catholic)?

Think someone needs to do a bit of a history lesson.

physics doesn't work like that, the surfers would all down since the water is not moving

Wrong, it's love. Religion is a distant second.

Ring kissing papist detected

Get to it then

raised baptist, atheist now. It's just a historical fact kiddo.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

No, love is the biggest lie humans fell for

You realize that quote is from a character in a parable Jesus was telling, right? Atheists should really try reading the verses they bash.

Oh god are you one of those
>muh astral plane
>muh higher consciousness
>muh law of attraction
Type of fags?

religion served a very good purpose thousands of years ago. yes, many people died in its various names, but religion allowed us to codify laws and install societal norms.

something that once served a purpose and still occasionally does good works, but is no longer necessary.

like unions. lol.

YOU SUCK ASS

Frankly Franky, I don't give a fuck

OP, you're ignorant as fuck... Try letting other people believe whatever they want to believe. Why is that your problem.
There are things we don't understand (yet) but until science can prove anything i will stay agnostic...
You atheist's who try to be superior are not better than any of these religious fanatists.
If your science is perfect then why is
1=0.999999(to infinity)?

hitler was christian.

if there was no religion there wouldnt have been jews to persecute, or christian to be persecuting

Well, I don't hold with religion. Women shutting the fuck up? That I can behind.

any more like this?

It's about the morals really.

*get behind
Sorry, brainfart.

off course, instead it would be those wo belong to the majority ethnicity and culture persecuting those who belong to a minority ethicity

no, im way more meta than that

People should have gotten over religion like most people have got over witchcraft and magic, blind faith in something like a religion is moronic and what's so dumb is old religions are fine to believe in but if a new religion is started it's called a cult and it's members are seen as nutters.

I really don't care if some people want to waste their lives on a religion but when they think their way of life is the only way and go as far as physically attacking non believers then they deserve to be wiped off the planet.

damn

He really wasn't though. He used religion as a tool but in private talked shit on Christianity and even preferred the brutality of Islam to what he saw as weakness in Christianity

That's like saying he is a rapist but he always uses a condom.

that makes sense if you get what hes talking about

but you know its bullshit so you wont get what hes talking about

now you will attack me for being a christcuck

Religion and law are just methods of manipulation and control.

This tbh. If you take it literally then it contradicts basically everything else he said. Personally I think it's more about detachment a la Buddhism.

Not op, but it is important to get people to question their religious beliefs. Anything that claims infallibility can be used to justify anything and thus often is used for such. Religion teaches people not to ask questions, but people will if they get enough doubt. I don't want people to waste the only life they get. I know death can be scary, I've lost count of how many funerals I've been to. Life is too short to waste, spend it doing what you want with people you love instead of worrying what an invisible wizard in the sky thinks. Happy Holidays.

>I'm 15: The Post

I'm Christian and agree with this. Dogma leads to radicalism and a free reign to do evil in the name of good.

15??

The post??

fuck religion stupid lies

human neurology and general biology lead to radicalism and a free reign to do nasty shit in the name of -enter positive value here-

humans are inherently violent destructive beings that live in complete illusions most of the time and it realy takes a little to get them to organise agaist others, especialy when others being the same and doing the same give them good reason for it

I agree with that too, if it wasn't religion we would discriminate and kill on the basis of ethnicity, nationality, culture, etc. But you get crazy shit like ISIS when you mix this natural propensity for tribalism and destruction with the assurance that it is objectively righteous and will lead to eternal paradise.

Trump is the biggest lie that Americans have fallen for.

Calculus nigga, 0.999... Is the same as 9/10 + 90/100 ... Limits are not hard.

he made them bodies

Read Mein Kampf

exactly how was he atheist then?

sure, but theres a backstory, in that most of the people joining isis from all over europe and asia are doing so quite literaly to escape life

life in many cultures today has become such abject shit people rather choose a real life version of cod than to suffer that absurd bullshit

and by shit i dont mean its hard or full of suffering, i mean the average guy in his 20is 30is pretty much has no perspective left, no hope for the future, no real life, and this goes doubly if youre some young second/third generation muslim in say france, or if youre living in some east euro shithole

if there was a major war or revolutionary movement in the developed world today fucktons of people would join for the same reason, you see this in ukraine today, people from all over are going there to fight cauze reasons, just that right wingers and proxy wars arent all that popular so there isnt that many of them

God exist in Emergency Hospital by Gino Strada, in Doctors without borders, in help anyone without standing return.
Is not that strange alien who everybody praying

Religion is one of the solutions to the pointlessness of life.

He wasn't. People don't understand that the Muslim god and Jew god and Christian god are the same god. He definitely believed in the abrahamic god, he just thought Islam was a bit more his style.

Religion does lie, we Dont need to be in a church just to honor God. That's what lots of r-tards dont get. It bring little peace but lots of war.

I'm with you Sup Forumsro but...

>edgy nonsense
>read a book on basic philosophy... mathematics...

That's edgy as fuck!!!

We just have to stop being obsessed with religion. Then the true faith comes in. There's just a lot of fakes out there saying shit that they just read

Ask Albert Speer

*tips cradle of filth fedora"

>fell for
>implying religion isn't a happy little accident that will drive us to conquer the universe.

Giving a can of "Flex Seal" to someone as
a Christmas gift is a good idea...

Nah there would just be Europeans persecuting Indians, etc, etc. People will always group up along some sort of line and fight each other. Religion is just the biggest thing that people can group up by. Without religion the largest group people could identify with is thier home country, and without a systematic method of enforcing moral standards in a country the people in the country would just fight each other.