So I got my girlfriend a ring for Christmas from zales I payed about 350 for it and the silver is...

So I got my girlfriend a ring for Christmas from zales I payed about 350 for it and the silver is .925% she says she got a shower and it turned black like that she literally has had it for two days and it's already ruined I think she did something else to it can anyone please help me out and figure out if she did something to it

Other urls found in this thread:

scifun.chem.wisc.edu/homeexpts/tarnish.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that means she's fucking black dudes on the side. it gets darker with every black cock she takes

The dumb bitch shouldn't be showering with a silver ring

It looks like she may of dipped it in chemicals or something I'd say it looks burnt but it looks like it started to deteriorate on the side she definitely put it in some chemical because.925 doesn't turn black like that after getting a shower hope this helps

this.

Those are coal stains from the coal burning shes been doing. Sorry OP :(

0.925% is horrible. You got scammed.

It means that it has silver in the ring, and when it touch water it became dark.

What did u expect? It contains 99.075% shit tier metal. More than likely nickel & other shit. You got gipped paying 350usd. I hope you got her an actual expensive rock and not diamond.

It takes years for silver to tarnish. You should be able to wipe off whatever that dark stuff is. If you can't, it was exposed to some weird shit

Always blame niggers.im not saying its black thing just saying its a thing

He obviously meant 92%, dumbfuck.

The jeweler said that the ring shouldn't tarnish .925 takes years to tarnish she had to of done something or exposed it to some chemical

Take it back to the shop and exchange it.

Yeah there's no way .925 is good stuff it looks like she dipped it in bleach to be honest

You see, Sterling Silver (Stamped 925) oxidizes when it hits air. It makes it Tarnish, turn Yellow, and leaves Green and Black marks on your fingers, wrist, neck, and anything else it comes in contact with. And the sad thing is, there’s not much you can do about it. That’s just the nature of Silver.

the black ness is from her secret loves black dick sorry to break it to you like this sucks for you

Wow sucks to be you

this. It's a normal reaction with sterling silver, it's just silver oxide. showering with it will definitely increase the rate at which it oxidizes

oh shit wait you paid 350 bucks for a ring that size, sterling silver? that thing is worth like 50 bucks tops, and contains like 20 bucks of silver max

Looks like she tried to melt it

This, but color get better after some time.

To be honest, she should be happy that is a ring of stamina, It is suppose to turn black, as we all know thats black makes you run faster, ever wonder why the nigger escape the crime scene so fast

Get her a real ring from a Jewish jeweller.

This how the blacks handles silver for mammy

Came to post these replies.
Good on anons knowing their metals.

tell her to take it off next time she masturbates her toxic puss

That's how my wife lost her wedding band :c

>20 bucks of silver max
Kek
Not even kid, a Troy ounce of pure .999 silver bullion goes for about 16 bucks

This guy's a cuck

maybe it was some kind of cleaning liquid (at the risk of sounding sexist...) like mr muscle which made that silver nigger colour?

lol that's what happens when .925 is exposed to water then air it gets all oxidized don't ever buy silver when you buy a ring always buy gold

i mean i was being extremely optimistic but yea, you are correct, holy shit spot silver is 20 bucks an ounce, didnt realize. i cant believe he paid 350 bucks for that though, jesus christ what an idiot

That's what I think happened she had to work today and she works with food and she must of came in contact with something

Yeah he got chinced. Spot silvers under 16$ US

Take it to a jewler, he will see what is it made of and tell you if you have been ripped of.

if she works with food she shouldnt have rings on to begin with.

It's the diamond in it it's quarter karat that's why it was 350

Jewellerymakerfag Here

could be a couple of things

A) some sort of sope in the shower has oxidised the silver and turned it black

B) your girlfriends sweat naturally does it fast than most

C) a combo of both

Either way its not the end of the word. get whats called Silver Dip. its a chemical that you put your old jewellery into and it chemically strips the oxside. takes two seconds and is reusable.

thats Sterling Silver you fucking idiot

At that price then I'm assuming the cut, shape, clarity etc. of it must be chince too

ok fair enough, i take it back, that seems like a reasonable price assuming the diamond quality is good.

Actual Jeweller here (I shit you not..)
Just clean it ass hat. It's a hard water reaction probably.
scifun.chem.wisc.edu/homeexpts/tarnish.html
And if she works with cleaning fluid or anything with a sulphurous base it'll tarnish even 999 silver.
Tho 350 is a little high. I could've done the same piece hand made for 3

Fix:

warm water
baking soda
piece of aluminium

Directions:

Put warm water into a container. Mix in baking soda. Get a small piece of aluminium and touch the ring with it.

Thank you!

You. I like you. You can come over to my house and fuck my sister.

the ring must of made a mix tape or robbed somebody.

Who would pay 350 for a silver jewellery lmfao

you could make a quarter karat diamond ring for 300? im legitimately wondering

HOW FAT IS YOUR GF?

I wear a silver pendent, and it turns darker periodically. A bit of silver cleaner, which costs all of 5 dollars at Walmart or a craft store cleans it right up.

Though unlike gold cleaner, you do NOT leave the silver in the cleaner, dip it, and then towel dry it. Silver cleaner will eat the metal if left on it too long

It depends on the diamond anything from zales is translucent at best and cut by Michael J. Fox

Great what's she look like....
Still need a ring?
Maybe for your Mother... I am flexible...

That's because you don't fucking wear a ring in the shower.

Chemical reaction causing the silver to deteriorate. Shouldn't be THIS fucking fast, but submerging in water and chemicals ends up speeding up deterioration.

Just give it a good clean with some jewelry cleaners.

First one to give the correct response

Most likely blackened out by a chem reaction that "burnt" the metal.

You can fix it easly with a bit of tooth paste and a microfiber cloth.

Or making soda and hotwater

Also you could invest an extra 10$ to get a rhodium plating, helps with the whole silver maintenance a lot

You mean 92.5%? Or is it really one fucking hundredth silver?

Thought he was holding a cock ring for a second there.

why would anyone spend that amount on a ring

i kekked, thanks (jew)eler user

How tiny are your hands Donald?

Your girl has a fat fucking finger. Are you sure it wasn't stained by sweat and cheetos?

This. You got ripped off

Question:::
Was she wearing the Ring the Entire tie she had her fist in your Ass OP ???
Also, I am still going to need an answer, do you need a new ring?
Maybe I can get the price down to 280 (disclaimer, Zales scks and I wouldn't advise even your sister to shop there)
Pro tip. Try a Real Jeweller...

She's hot asf she just has tiny sausage fingers

Less than that. Silver is like $16.00 an ounce right now

Why, so you can steal it? Nice try, google.

Silver oxidizes when it comes into contact with water.
Get some nitric acid, leave the ring in overnight and it should dissolve the Silver oxide right off

well yea but you have to pay for the actual shaping of the ring and whatnot, labor. also apparently it has a quarter karat diamond

i kekked chem bro

How fucking fat is she? That looks like a ring seal for a sewer pipe.

1000 degree knife challenge

What the what? Either I have a few misfiring neurons or you left out some steps.

That's not how redox works dumbass

Just that.....
Also, about the ring you ordered....
I can maybe get the price down to 260... But you will have to fist yourself with it....
Tho maybe for another 10, well, you never know.

No, it's .925/1
Of course, given the nature of impurities, it's impossible to get a perfect 1.

Sterling silver like u got sholdnt tarnish like that...mybye after some years(then u can just clean it properly and it shines again). Take it back n tell em this is bs

I see.
92.5% per 1 isn't bad.

This is not because its hard to get to 99% this is cuz they need harder metals in it so it stays in shape. Just like 18k gold instead of 24k(thats only for goldbars)

That's her cock ring.

no it's because silver is super reactive to oxygen, and if you were to have 100% silver, even hypothetically, as soon as you opened it from its vacuum (required to be 100%) it would immediately become contaminated down to 99.99% just based on the surface contamination

.925/1silver and92.5%silver is the same amount of silver in the metal u plebs

>insert here mustard gas funny joke

Does your gf use hair spray?

Yeah, but OP said 0.925%.

So I thought that it's 92.5% OF ONE PERCENT.

Thats why I said 99% and not 100%. There are litterly thousands of 99% sterlingsilver bars. They are not for jewellery ofc because they bend if thin

Why are you calling me pleb? This is what I said (even before the so called jewelers)

oh my bad i misunderstood your post

Oh dident see that sorry. 0.925% silver would be shitty lol

looks like she tried to burn it with a lighter, actually.

Looks like she took a lighter to it, not going through 80 comments so sorry if it was already said

95% Platina masterrace reporting in

Np but yes i guess its true because goldbars also get to 99.99% even thou they want 100%. Fking air man

Wrong, fuck nugget. I was talking about the impossibility of 100% purity, not 99%. .999 is exponentially more difficult than .99. .9999 is an order of magnitude more difficult than that. Until we invent replicators that can selectively remove atoms, total purity will be a pipe dream.

Diamond is the best metal.

er, no, it's not hard to make .9999 pure silver, it's hard to maintain it at that purity. and it's not about selectively removing atoms, it's more about protecting the surface of the metal from contact with literally anything else, ie, keep it in a vacuum forever.

well... I bought my wife a ring for Christmas... 1 ct diamonds in 18K gold.
She's very happy now.

I had the same thing with a silver ring I had made
it went black and funny for the first week or two
and I took it back to the store and the lade said it was something to do with the
oil in the skin reacting to the polishing medium??

All I know is I got it back clean. It's been 2 years
still shiny and silver.

This. That is a fucking health code violation, am I right?

dumb bitch shouldn't have showered with silver on in the first place.

how someone can be happy at something as unfunctional as a diamond silver ring is beyond me. women are weird

dont buy silver such a waste of money its worth next to nothing...